- Real-time PCR assay for the diagnosis of Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumoniaJudith Fillaux
Service de Parasitologie Mycologie, Hopital Rangueil, CHU Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Methods Mol Biol 943:159-70. 2013....
- [Management of occupational and sexual exposure to HIV in the Toulouse teaching hospital]J Fillaux
CISIH, Service de Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Purpan, Place Baylac, 31059 Toulouse, France
Med Mal Infect 34:159-65. 2004..This study had aim to describe the management of occupational and sexual HIV exposure in the Toulouse teaching hospital...
- Predictive factors of treatment interruption duration in a cohort of HIV-1 infected patients with CD4 count greater than 350 cells per mm3J Fillaux
Centre d information et de soins sur l immunodéficience humaine CISIH, Hopital Purpan, Place Baylac, 31059 Toulouse Cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 36:335-9. 2006..To determine predictive factors of treatment interruption (TI) duration within a cohort of HIV-1 infected patients having stopped their treatment with CD4 above 350 cells per mm(3)...
- Accuracy of a routine real-time PCR assay for the diagnosis of Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumoniaJudith Fillaux
Department of Parasitology and Mycology, Toulouse University Hospitals, France
J Microbiol Methods 75:258-61. 2008..The real-time PCR assay seems to be an accurate diagnosis method and could replace the DFA. The semi-quantitative results should be helpful to distinguish colonized, subclinically infected and P. jirovecii pneumonia patients...
- Alveolar and blood T lymphocyte profiles in Pneumocystis jirovecii-positive patients: effects of HIV statusXavier Iriart
Service de Parasitologie Mycologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Toulouse and Faculté de Médecine de Rangueil, France
J Infect Dis 204:544-53. 2011..To compare the host immune defenses against Pneumocystis jirovecii, the blood and alveolar lymphocyte profile was explored in these 2 populations...
- An extraction method of positive blood cultures for direct identification of Candida species by Vitek MS matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization time of flight mass spectrometryRose Anne Lavergne
Service de Parasitologie Mycologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Med Mycol 51:652-6. 2013..and significantly reduced the time of diagnosis. Nevertheless, subculture remains indispensable to test fungal resistance and to detect mixed infections...
- Routine identification of medical fungi by the new Vitek MS matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight system with a new time-effective strategyXavier Iriart
Service de Parasitologie Mycologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Universite Paul Sabatier Toulouse III, Toulouse, France
J Clin Microbiol 50:2107-10. 2012..The Vitek MS performed well in the identification of yeasts and Aspergillus fungi (93.2% of correct identifications)...
- Imported Plasmodium knowlesi malaria in a French tourist returning from ThailandAntoine Berry
Service de Parasitologie Mycologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Toulouse, Hopital Rangueil, Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Am J Trop Med Hyg 84:535-8. 2011..This case shows, first, tourists may contract knowlesi malaria even only staying on the beach and second, the diagnosis remains difficult, even with polymerase chain reaction methods...
- Assessment of Aspergillus sensitization or persistent carriage as a factor in lung function impairment in cystic fibrosis patientsJudith Fillaux
Service de Parasitologie Mycologie, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Scand J Infect Dis 44:842-7. 2012..The aim of this study was to assess Aspergillus-related status modulating the forced expiratory volume in 1 s (FEV₁) of CF patients...
- Cellular and cytokine changes in the alveolar environment among immunocompromised patients during Pneumocystis jirovecii infectionXavier Iriart
Service de Parasitologie Mycologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Toulouse, H ô pital Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Med Mycol 48:1075-87. 2010..jirovecii colonization. Our study suggests that there is a correlation between the P. jirovecii burden in the alveolus (from colonization to a high P. jirovecii burden), and the degree of impairment of the alveolar immune response...