- Inducible loss of NF-kappaB activity is associated with apoptosis and Bcl-2 down-regulation in Epstein-Barr virus-transformed B lymphocytesJ Feuillard
Biochimie Cellulaire des Hémopathies Lymphoïdes, Universite Paris, Bobigny, France
Blood 95:2068-75. 2000..Finally, our results suggest that a cellular model with doxycycline-inducible IkappaBalpha(32/36A) may be useful in the identification of genuine NF-kappaB target genes in EBV-infected B cells. (Blood. 2000;95:2068-2075)..
- Clinical and biologic features of CD4(+)CD56(+) malignanciesJean Feuillard
Service d Hematologie Biologique, Hopital Avicenne, Université Paris 13 Bobigny, France
Blood 99:1556-63. 2002..Finally, relationships between the pure cutaneous indolent form of the disease and acute leukemia as well as with the lymphoid/myeloid origin of the CD4(+)CD56(+) malignant cell are discussed...
- Latent membrane protein 1 regulates STAT1 through NF-kappaB-dependent interferon secretion in Epstein-Barr virus-immortalized B cellsImen Najjar
UPRES EA 34306, Service de Biochimie, AP HP, Hopital Avicenne, 125 rue de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny Cedex, France
J Virol 79:4936-43. 2005..Whether this response, which is usually considered to be antiviral, is in fact required for the persistence of the virus remains to be elucidated...
- Novel function of STAT1beta in B cells: induction of cell death by a mechanism different from that of STAT1alphaImen Najjar
Universite Paris 13, EA 3406, Service de Biochimie, APHP, Hopital Avicenne, Cedex, France
J Leukoc Biol 84:1604-12. 2008..These data reveal a novel role of STAT1beta in programmed cell death, which is independent of p53...
- Differential roles of STAT1alpha and STAT1beta in fludarabine-induced cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human B cellsFanny Baran-Marszak
EA 3406 Université Paris 13, Service de Biochimie, Hopital Avicenne, 125 route de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny Cedex, France
Blood 104:2475-83. 2004....
- Lymphoma complicating common variable immunodeficiency with granulomatous disease: report of two casesVéronique Le Guern
Department of Internal Medicine, Hopital Avicenne, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and Université Paris Nord, Bobigny, France
Eur J Haematol 71:459-63. 2003..We describe two CVID patients with systemic granulomatosis who developed B-cell lymphomas, one related to Epstein Barr virus infection, 5 and 12 yr after CVID had been diagnosed...
- Resistance to fludarabine-induced apoptosis in Epstein-Barr virus infected B cellsRemi Fagard
EA 3406 ATHSCO, Université Paris 13 UFR SMBH Bobigny cedex, France
Oncogene 21:4473-80. 2002..8 cells. Finally, the expression of p21WAF1/CIP1 was detected only in the BL2.B95.8 and PRI cells. This protein, known to play a role in cell survival, may therefore be involved in the resistance of the BL2.B95.8 cells to fludarabine...
- Gene array identification of Epstein Barr virus-regulated cellular genes in EBV-converted Burkitt lymphoma cell linesFanny Baran-Marszak
Service d Hematologie Biologique, Hôpital Avicenne AP HP et EA 3406 ATHSCO Université Paris 13, Bobigny, France
Lab Invest 82:1463-79. 2002..Furthermore, and perhaps most importantly, cDNA array results point to three families of transcription factors, Rel/NF-kappaB, STAT1, and Ets-related proteins Spi-B, Elf-1, and Ets-1 as putative cellular targets of EBV...
- Immunoproliferative small intestinal disease associated with Campylobacter jejuniMarc Lecuit
Hopital Avicenne, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 350:239-48. 2004..Early-stage disease responds to antibiotics, suggesting a bacterial origin. We attempted to identify a causative agent...
- Immunophenotypic clustering of myelodysplastic syndromesMarc Maynadie
Service d Hematologie Biologique, CHU Bocage, Dijon, France
Blood 100:2349-56. 2002..These results show a close relationship between immunophenotypic abnormalities and BM dysplasia and suggest that flow cytometry could be a future tool for the characterization of MDSs...
- C-myc activation impairs the NF-kappaB and the interferon response: implications for the pathogenesis of Burkitt's lymphomaMartin Schlee
Institute of Clinical Molecular Biology and Tumor Genetics, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Munchen, Germany
Int J Cancer 120:1387-95. 2007..c-MYC thus masks an interferon-inducing activity in these cells. Our findings imply that immune escape of tumor cells is not only a matter of in vivo selection but may be additionally promoted by activation of a cellular oncogene...
- A simple method for detection of major phenotypic abnormalities in myelodysplastic syndromes: expression of CD56 in CMMLCharlotte Lacronique-Gazaille
Haematologica 92:859-60. 2007..CD56 on monocytes was associated with CMML. Importantly, phenotypic aberrations were lost on blood cells, except for CD56...
- Molecular basis of cytotoxicity of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1) in EBV latency III B cells: LMP1 induces type II ligand-independent autoactivation of CD95/Fas with caspase 8-mediated apoptosisChristophe Le Clorennec
UMR CNRS 6101, Faculte de Medecine, 2 rue du Docteur Marchand, 87025 Limoges Cedex, France
J Virol 82:6721-33. 2008....
- [Hematodermic CD4/CD56 neoplasm]Tony Petrella
Centre de Pathologie, 33 rue Nicolas Bornier, BP189, 21005, Dijon Cedex, France
Ann Pathol 24:241-55; quiz 227. 2004..The median time of survival is 14 months irrespective of the treatment given. Conventional chemotherapies used for the treatment of aggressive lymphomas or acute myeloid leukemias are quickly inefficient...
- CD4+ CD56+ lineage negative malignancies: a new entity developed from malignant early plasmacytoid dendritic cellsMarie Christine Jacob
EFS Rhone Alpes, Dept of Cellular Immunology, Grenoble, France
Haematologica 88:941-55. 2003..The clinico-biological features of this neoplasm were moreover recently summarized from a large series of 23 patients...
- The CD4+ CD56+ CD116- CD123+ CD45RA+ CD45RO- profile is specific of DC2 malignanciesFranck Trimoreau
Haematologica 88:ELT10. 2003
- Plasmacytoid dendritic cells: from the plasmacytoid T-cell to type 2 dendritic cells CD4+CD56+ malignanciesMarie C Bene
Laboratoire d Immunologie du CHU, Nancy, France
Semin Hematol 40:257-66. 2003..The major characteristics of DC2 malignancies are summarized and compared to natural killer cell (NK) lymphomas, another type of proliferative disease sharing the expression of CD56...
- The mutator pathway is a feature of immunodeficiency-related lymphomasAlex Duval
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U434, Centre d Etude du Polymorphisme Humain, 75010 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:5002-7. 2004..Because MSI-H-positive cases were found to be either Epstein-Barr virus-positive or -negative, the mutator pathway should act synergistically or not with this other oncogenic factor, playing an important role in ID-RL...
- Successful rituximab treatment of an EBV-related lymphoproliferative disease arising after autologous transplantation for angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphomaSophie Park
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Hôpital Saint Louis AP HP, Paris, France
Hematol J 3:317-20. 2002..This case is discussed in the context of severe immunodepression. Monoclonal anti-CD20 antibodies might restore a balance between T-cell immunosurveillance and EBV proliferation in B-cells,..
- Multicenter study of ZAP-70 expression in patients with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia using an optimized flow cytometry methodNathalie Gachard
Laboratoire d Hematologie, CHU Dupuytren, Faculté de Médecine de Limoges, Universite de Limoges, Centre National de Recherche Scientifique, UMR CNRS 6101, France
Haematologica 93:215-23. 2008..Flow cytometry allows specific assessment of the expression of ZAP-70, a promising new prognostic factor in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL), but suffers from a lack of multicenter standardization...
- "6 markers/5 colors" extended white blood cell differential by flow cytometryJean Luc Faucher
Laboratoire d Hematologie, hôpital Dupuytren, Limoges, France
Cytometry A 71:934-44. 2007....
- Plasmacytoid dendritic cell leukaemia/lymphoma: towards a well defined entity?Francine Garnache-Ottou
EFS BFC, Haematology and Immunology Laboratory, Besancon, France
Br J Haematol 136:539-48. 2007..g. T-cell leukaemia 1)--blood dendritic cell antigen-2 and high levels of CD123 expression as potential markers. In addition, we propose a multidisciplinary approach including several fields of haematology to improve pDCL diagnosis...
- Autoactivation of the Epstein-Barr virus oncogenic protein LMP1 during type II latency through opposite roles of the NF-kappaB and JNK signaling pathwaysGautier Goormachtigh
CNRS UMR 8527, Institut de Biologie de Lille IBL, 1 rue du Pr Calmette, 59021 Lille Cedex, France
J Virol 80:7382-93. 2006..Finally, we show that this autoactivation is the most important mechanism to maintain LMP1 expression during the type II latency program of EBV...
- Effect of tumor necrosis factor alpha and infliximab on apoptosis of B lymphocytes infected or not with Epstein-Barr virusFanny Baran-Marszak
INSERM E109, CHU Bicetre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Université Paris 11, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Cytokine 33:337-45. 2006..Thus, if an increased incidence of lymphoma were induced by TNFalpha blockers, it would not involve a direct effect on B cells but rather an impaired immune surveillance by T cells...
- EBV latency III immortalization program sensitizes B cells to induction of CD95-mediated apoptosis via LMP1: role of NF-kappaB, STAT1, and p53Christophe Le Clorennec
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche UMR CNRS 6101, Faculté de Médecine de Limoges, Universite de Limoges, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU Dupuytren, Laboratoire d Hematologie, Limoges, France
Blood 107:2070-8. 2006....
- Stringent doxycycline-dependent control of gene activities using an episomal one-vector systemGeorg W Bornkamm
GSF Institut für Klinische Molekularbiologie und Tumorgenetik, Marchioninistrasse 25, D 81377 Munchen, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 33:e137. 2005..Tight down regulation is achieved through binding of the silencer tTS(KRAB) to P(tet)bi-1 in the absence of Dox. Addition of Dox releases repression and via binding of rtTA2(S)-M2 activates P(tet)bi-1...
- PK11195 potently sensitizes to apoptosis induction independently from the peripheral benzodiazepin receptorRosa Ana Gonzalez-Polo
1Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR8125, Institut Gustave Roussy, Pavillon de Recherche 1, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
Oncogene 24:7503-13. 2005..Thus, PK11195 potently sensitizes to apoptosis via a pathway that involves mitochondria, yet does not involve the PBR...
- Indolent lymphoplasmacytic and marginal zone B-cell lymphomas: absence of both IRF4 and Ki67 expression identifies a better prognosis subgroupBarbara Petit
Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, France
Haematologica 90:200-6. 2005..The existence of rather aggressive cases stresses the need for new biological prognostic markers...
- The chemopreventive agent N-(4-hydroxyphenyl)retinamide induces apoptosis through a mitochondrial pathway regulated by proteins from the Bcl-2 familyPatricia Boya
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR8125, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Oncogene 22:6220-30. 2003..Altogether, these data indicate that 4-HPR induces MMP through an ROS-mediated pathway that involves the obligatory contribution of the proapopotic Bcl-2 family members Bax and/or Bak...
- CD4(+), CD56(+) DC2 acute leukemia is characterized by recurrent clonal chromosomal changes affecting 6 major targets: a study of 21 cases by the Groupe Français de Cytogénétique HématologiqueDominique Leroux
Laboratoire d hématologie cellulaire et moléculaire, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU Michallon, Grenoble, France
Blood 99:4154-9. 2002..In conclusion, the present study documents for the first time the existence of a characteristic cytogenetic profile for this novel disease entity...