- [Cardiotoxicity associated with trastuzumab (herceptin). An undesired effect leads towards a model of cardiac insufficiency]E Ferrari
Service de cardiologie, Nice
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 97:333-7. 2004..These studies not only explain all the clinical signs of Trastuzumab's cardiotoxicity but also suggest ways of preventing and treating some of these cases of cardiac failure...
- Mobile thrombi of the right heart in pulmonary embolism: delayed disappearance after thrombolytic treatmentEmile Ferrari
Cardiology Department, Pasteur University Hospital, 30 Ave de la Voie Romaine, Nice 06002, France
Chest 127:1051-3. 2005..How these clots evolve after treatment, in particular after thrombolytic treatment (TT), is unknown. We sought to determine the outcome of these mobile clots in the RH during TT...
- Coronary syndromes following aspirin withdrawal: a special risk for late stent thrombosisEmile Ferrari
Cardiology Department, Pasteur Hospital, 30 Avenue de la Voie Romaine, Nice, Alpes Maritimes 06200, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:456-9. 2005..We sought to determine whether aspirin withdrawal is an encountered situation in coronary disease patients who relapsed...
- [Impact of biochemisty on the duration of treatment for pulmonary embolus]E Ferrari
Service de cardiologie, Hopital Pasteur, Nice
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 96:1198-201. 2003..The first results of this approach are interesting, but require confirmation before they can be used in practice...
- Timing of troponin I measurement in pulmonary embolismEmile Ferrari
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital of Nice, 30 Avenue de la Voie Romaine, Nice 06002, France
Heart 98:732-5. 2012..Troponin I (TnI) is an important prognostic marker and risk-stratification tool in patients with pulmonary embolism (PE). However, the best timing for this biomarker measurement is still unclear...
- [Duration of antivitamin K therapy in venous thromboembolic disease. Certainties and uncertainties]E Ferrari
Service de cardiologie, , CHU, 30, avenue de la Voie Romaine, 06002 Nice
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 94:1301-6. 2001..The results of studies evaluating the durations of long-term treatment with less intense levels of anticoagulation (INR < 2) as well as therapeutic alternatives to antivitamin K (antiaggregants or other antithrombins) are awaited...
- Penetrating atherosclerotic ulcers of the infrarenal aorta: life-threatening lesionsM Batt
Department of Vascular Surgery, Hopital Saint Roch, 0600 Nice Cedex 1, France
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 29:35-42. 2005..To analyze the incidence, clinical features, natural history, and treatment of penetrating atherosclerotic ulcers (PAU) of the abdominal aorta...
- Real time three-dimensional echocardiographic assessment of left ventricular function in heart failure patients: underestimation of left ventricular volume increases with the degree of dilatationPamela Moceri
Cardiology Department, University Hospital of Nice, Nice, France
Echocardiography 29:970-7. 2012....
- Atherosclerosis of the thoracic aorta and aortic debris as a marker of poor prognosis: benefit of oral anticoagulantsE Ferrari
Cardiology Department, Hopital Pasteur, Nice, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 33:1317-22. 1999....
- [Duration of antivitamin K therapy in venous thromboembolic disease]E Ferrari
Service de cardiologie, CHU, Nice
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 88:1891-4. 1995..The evaluation of longer treatment protocols with less intensive degrees of anticoagulation and of alternatives to oral vitamin K antagonists is justified...
- Doubling the dose of clopidogrel restores the loss of antiplatelet effect induced by esomeprazolePamela Moceri
Cardiology Department, Pasteur Hospital, CHU de Nice, Nice, France
Thromb Res 128:458-62. 2011..We studied the impact of esomeprazole and ranitidine on the antiplatelet action of clopidogrel and aspirin and sought to determine whether doubling the dose of clopidogrel could restore its efficacy...
- [Venous thromboembolism and cancer]E Ferrari
, CHU, Service de cardiologie, 30, avenue de la Voie Romaine, 06002 Nice
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 94:1307-12. 2001..Moreover, some publications have demonstrated a chance finding of a possible anticancer effect of antithrombotic agents...
- [The best of thrombosis and thromboembolic disease in 1999]E Ferrari
Service de cardiologie, , Nice
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 93:77-81. 2000..This emphasises the importance of early diagnosis which is usually possible without resorting to invasive procedures and by modulating all the results of paraclinical investigations with respect to the pretest clinical probability...
- [Epidemiology of pulmonary embolism]E Ferrari
Service de cardiologie, , Nice
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 88:1687-91. 1995..Further progress could come from improved identification of patients at risk, especially by biological tests and new abnormalities of blood coagulation...
- Travel as a risk factor for venous thromboembolic diseaseEmile Ferrari
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Pasteur, 30 Avenue de la Voie Romaine, Nice, France
Eur J Med Res 9:146-9. 2004..A 100 AXa U/kg single dose of a low molecular weight heparin, given 2-4 hours before the flight, have been reported to be more effective than aspirin and placebo. However, the benefit/risk ratio of such a strategy remains to be assessed...