- [Psychotic symptoms in Parkinson's disease]Gilles Fenelon
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil
Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 4:S17-24. 2006..Cholinesterase inhibitors, when prescribed for associated cognitive impairment, may be beneficial on hallucinations. In the more severe forms, clozapine has been proved to be safe and effective...
- The changing face of Parkinson's disease-associated psychosis: a cross-sectional study based on the new NINDS-NIMH criteriaGilles Fenelon
AP HP, Department of Neurology, CHU Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Mov Disord 25:763-6. 2010..Minor symptoms and nonvisual hallucinations are an important part of the PDAP spectrum, which has commonly been restricted to visual hallucinations and delusions...
- [Psychological and behavioural disorders in Parkinson's disease]Gilles Fenelon
Neurologie, APHP, Groupe Hospitalier Henri Mondor 94000 Créteil, INSERM U955, Equipe 1, Institut Mondor pour la Recherche Biomédicale, 94000 Creteil
Bull Acad Natl Med 194:1305-18; discussion 1318-9. 2010..These disorders are often difficult to manage, and there is an unmet need for controlled trials in this field...
- Psychosis in Parkinson's disease: phenomenology, frequency, risk factors, and current understanding of pathophysiologic mechanismsGilles Fenelon
Department of Neurology, Henri Mondor Hospital, Creteil, France
CNS Spectr 13:18-25. 2008..Pathogenesis involves complex and probably multifactorial mechanisms, including pharmacologic (dopaminergic treatment and others) and disease-related factors...
- [Parkinson's disease: dealing with all dimensions of the disease]Gilles Fenelon
Service de neurologie et équipe A venir Inserm U421, Hopital Henri Mondor, 94010 Creteil Cedex
Rev Prat 55:714-6. 2005
- Feeling of presence in Parkinson's diseaseGilles Fenelon
1AP HP, Groupe HospitalierHenri Mondor, Service deneurologie, Cre teil, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 82:1219-24. 2011..The objective of this study was to provide a detailed description of FP in PD and to discuss its possible mechanisms...
- Hallucinations in Parkinson disease in the prelevodopa eraGilles Fenelon
Department of Neurology, Hopital Henri Mondor, AP HP, Creteil, France
Neurology 66:93-8. 2006..Even with these limitations, historical descriptions of PD from the prelevodopa era suggest that hallucinations may be part of PD itself, especially in the context of late dementia, depression, or nonspecific encephalopathy...
- [Management of psychiatric complications of Parkinson's disease]Gilles Fenelon
Service de neurologie et Inserm U421, Equipe Avenir, CHU Henri Mondor, 94010 Creteil Cedex
Rev Prat 55:733-9. 2005..Depression, anxiety and hallucinations are common but may be underestimated. During recent years, new psychiatric aspects have been described such as apathy and the so-called syndrome of dopamine dysregulation...
- Epidemiology of psychosis in Parkinson's diseaseGilles Fenelon
AP HP, CHU Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
J Neurol Sci 289:12-7. 2010..PDP reduces quality of life in patients and increases caregiver distress, and is an independent risk factor for nursing home placement and development of dementia...
- Depression and coping as predictors of change after deep brain stimulation in Parkinson's diseaseThierry Soulas
Institut de Psychologie, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
World Neurosurg 75:525-32. 2011..This study examined changes in motor function and quality of life (QoL) after subthalamic nuclei deep brain stimulation (STN-DBS) in patients with Parkinson disease (PD) and the role of psychosocial predictors on individual changes...
- Long-term safety and tolerability of ProSavin, a lentiviral vector-based gene therapy for Parkinson's disease: a dose escalation, open-label, phase 1/2 trialStephane Palfi
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Henri Mondor, DHU Pepsy, UF Neurochirurgie Fonctionnelle, Neurologie, Neurophysiologie, Anesthésie, Centre d Investigation Clinique 006, Plateforme de Ressources Biologiques, Creteil, France Université Paris 12, Faculte de Medecine, Creteil, France Electronic address
Lancet 383:1138-46. 2014....
- Hallucinations in Parkinson's disease: a follow-up studyAnne Doe de Maindreville
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Maison Blanche, Reims, France
Mov Disord 20:212-7. 2005..2-27.4). Hallucinations have a chronic course in most parkinsonian patients. Factors predicting the onset of hallucinations point to a role of extranigral brainstem involvement and a nonspecific, facilitating role of ocular disorders...
- Can nicotine be used medicinally in Parkinson's disease?Claire Thiriez
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Henri Mondor and Paris 12 University UPEC, Creteil, France
Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol 4:429-36. 2011..Together, these data suggest that nicotine or nicotinic receptor drugs have therapeutic potential for Parkinson's disease, although the specific treatment regimens remain to be determined...
- Vascular parkinsonismIgor Sibon
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Haut Lévèque Groupe Hospitalier Sud, CHU de Bordeaux, Av de Magellan, 33600, Pessac, France
J Neurol 251:513-24. 2004..The pathophysiology of VP is poorly understood. Why some patients develop parkinsonism and others do not, despite the same apparent lesion load, remains a mystery...
- [Visual hallucinations: the Charles Bonnet syndrome]Gilles Fenelon
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil
Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 1:121-7. 2003..Finally, visual impairment appear as a non specific risk factor for VH in some conditions such as late paraphrenia and some neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease...
- Awareness of memory deficits in early stage Huntington's diseaseLaurent Cleret de Langavant
Inserm U955 E01, Neuropsychologie Interventionnelle, Creteil, France
PLoS ONE 8:e61676. 2013..Loss of awareness of memory deficits in HD is associated with the severity of the disease in terms of CAG repeats, functional decline, motor dysfunction and cognitive impairment, including memory deficits and executive dysfunction...
- Outcome of bilateral subthalamic nucleus stimulation in the treatment of Parkinson's disease: correlation with intra-operative multi-unit recordings but not with the type of anaesthesiaJean Pascal Lefaucheur
Services de Physiologie, Explorations Fonctionnelles, Hopital Henri Mondor, Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris, Creteil, France
Eur Neurol 60:186-99. 2008..Deep brain stimulation (DBS) of the subthalamic nucleus (STN) gained general acceptance in the treatment of Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Head tremor in Parkinson's diseaseEmmanuel Roze
Department of Neurology, Saint Antoine Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Paris, France
Mov Disord 21:1245-8. 2006..We describe five patients with Parkinson's disease and head tremor in whom clinical and neurophysiological findings suggested that head tremor was a manifestation of Parkinson's disease...
- A reappraisal of long-latency abdominal muscle reflexes in patients with propriospinal myoclonusSamar S Ayache
Service de Physiologie Explorations Fonctionnelles, Hopital Henri Mondor, APHP, EA 4391, Faculté de Médecine de Créteil, Université Paris Est Créteil, Creteil, France
Mov Disord 26:1759-63. 2011..We report 3 patients with typical clinical and electrophysiological characteristics of propriospinal myoclonus propagating from a thoracic spine generator...
- Tactile hallucinations in Parkinson's diseaseGilles Fenelon
Service de Neurologie, Hopital Henri Mondor, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
J Neurol 249:1699-703. 2002..Pharmacological and disease-related factors, including a disorder in rapid-eye-movement sleep mechanisms, could play a part in the pathophysiology of these hallucinations...