- Multicentre European study of preoperative biliary drainage for hilar cholangiocarcinomaO Farges
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Hopital Beaujon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris 7, Clichy, France
Br J Surg 100:274-83. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate current European practice regarding biliary drainage before hepatectomy for Klatskin tumours...
- Malignant transformation of liver adenoma: an analysis of the literatureOlivier Farges
Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, Pôle des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Dig Surg 27:32-8. 2010..These conclusions might not apply to male patients who are at lower risk of HA, except in specific conditions, but appear to be at a much higher risk of malignant changes...
- Changing trends in malignant transformation of hepatocellular adenomaOlivier Farges
Department of Hepato biliary Surgery, Pôle des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif, Hopital Beaujon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris 7, Clichy, France
Gut 60:85-9. 2011..HCA with malignant transformation is, however, an ill-defined entity thought to be an anecdotic pathway to HCC. The objective of this study was to characterise malignancy occurring within HCA...
- AJCC 7th edition of TNM staging accurately discriminates outcomes of patients with resectable intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: By the AFC-IHCC-2009 study groupOlivier Farges
Department of Hepato biliary Surgery, Service de Chirurgie Hépato Billaire, Hopital Beaujon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris 7, Clichy, France
Cancer 117:2170-7. 2011..This proposal, which has not yet been validated, was tested in the current study...
- Influence of surgical margins on outcome in patients with intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: a multicenter study by the AFC-IHCC-2009 study groupOlivier Farges
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Hopital Beaujon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, AP HP, Universite Paris 7, Clichy, France
Ann Surg 254:824-29; discussion 830. 2011..Define the optimal surgical margin in patients undergoing surgery for intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (IHCC)...
- Extended liver resection for polycystic liver disease can challenge liver transplantationBeatrice Aussilhou
Department of HPB Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Beaujon Hospital, Clichy, France
Ann Surg 252:735-43. 2010....
- Respiratory complications: a major concern after right hepatectomy in living liver donorsFederica Dondero
, , Clichy, France
Transplantation 81:181-6. 2006..These complications are mainly observed after right hepatectomy. The particular prevalence of pulmonary embolism should lead to focus on its early diagnosis and prevention...
- Prospective evaluation of the management of hepatocellular carcinoma in the elderlyViolaine Ozenne
Department of Hepatology, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP, Clichy, France
Dig Liver Dis 43:1001-5. 2011..Previous studies suggested that ageing does not adversely impact survival but they have the drawback of being retrospective and spanning a prolonged period of time...
- Accuracy and disagreement of computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging for the diagnosis of small hepatocellular carcinoma and dysplastic nodules: role of biopsyThomas Sersté
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, APHP Service d Hépatologie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Hepatology 55:800-6. 2012..These findings are frequently discordant on both CT and MRI, supporting the place of biopsy for the diagnosis of small HCCs...
- A single-center surgical experience of 122 patients with single and multiple hepatocellular adenomasSafi Dokmak
Department of Hepatobiliopancreatic Surgery, University of Paris 7 and Beaujon Hospital, Clichy, France
Gastroenterology 137:1698-705. 2009..Patients with multiple forms of HA are difficult to manage. We evaluated the characteristics and outcome of 122 patients with single and multiple HAs after surgery...
- The "50-50 criteria" on postoperative day 5: an accurate predictor of liver failure and death after hepatectomySilvio Balzan
Department of Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Beaujon Hospital, University Paris 7, Paris, France
Ann Surg 242:824-8, discussion 828-9. 2005..This criteria could be identified early enough, before clinical evidence of complications, for specific interventions to be applied in due time...
- Reappraisal of the risks and benefits of major liver resection in patients with initially unresectable colorectal liver metastasesFrançois Cauchy
Departments of HPB Surgery and Liver Transplantation and Oncology, Beaujon Hospital, Clichy, France Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, University Paris 7 Department of Oncology, Clinique Pasteur, Evreux, France
Ann Surg 256:746-54. 2012..To determine short- and long-term outcomes of major hepatectomy in patients with downstaged colorectal liver metastases considered initially unresectable (IU)...
- Hepatic veins as a site of clot formation following liver resectionEmmanuel Buc
Department of Hepato biliary Surgery, Hopital Beaujon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, University Paris 7, 92118 Clichy, France
World J Gastroenterol 17:403-6. 2011..Clots disappeared following curative anticoagulation. We conclude that thrombosis of hepatic veins may occur after liver resection and is a potential source of pulmonary embolism...
- Tolerance and outcome of patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma treated with sorafenibViolaine Ozenne
Departments of Hepatology, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, AP HP, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1106-10. 2010..The aims of this study were (i) to evaluate the tolerance and survival of sorafenib-treated patients, in a nonselected population, especially in Child-Pugh B patients; and (ii) to identify potential prognostic factors of survival...
- Harvesting the middle hepatic vein with a right hepatectomy does not increase the risk for the donorOlivier Scatton
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Hospital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Liver Transpl 10:71-6. 2004..05). The results of this comparative study show that right hepatectomy with the MHV neither affects morbidity nor impairs early liver function and regeneration in donors...
- Limits and benefits of exclusive transthoracic hepatectomy approach for patients with hepatocellular carcinomaMarc Pocard
Department of Digestive Surgery, , Clichy, France
Hepatogastroenterology 49:32-5. 2002..However, this approach allows only limited resection with a high risk of positive margin, resulting in a restriction of indications either for patients with previous major abdominal surgery than before liver transplantation...
- Major hepatectomy for the treatment of complex bile duct injuryAlexis Laurent
Department of Hepato Pancreato Biliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Hospital Beaujon University Denis Diderot Paris 7, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Clichy, France
Ann Surg 248:77-83. 2008..The aim of this study is to report our experience of major hepatectomy with long-term outcome in these patients...
- Incidence and risks of liver resection: an all-inclusive French nationwide studyOlivier Farges
Department of Hepatobiliopancreatic Surgery and Liver Transplantation Department of Hepatology Department of Medical Informatics, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP, Universite Paris 7, Clichy, France Inserm U669, Université Paris 11, France
Ann Surg 256:697-705. 2012..To evaluate at a national level the incidence of liver resection, postoperative mortality, and variables that predict this outcome...
- Liver packing during elective surgery: an option that can be consideredMarc Antoine Allard
Department of Hepato biliary Surgery, Hopital Beaujon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Universite Paris 7, 100 Bld du General Leclerc, 92118, Clichy, France
World J Surg 35:2493-8. 2011..The purpose of this study was to apply this concept to the setting of elective liver surgery...
- Removal of hepatocellular carcinoma extending in the right atrium without extracorporal bypassMartine Georgen
Department of Hepatopancreatic and Biliary Surgery, Clichy, France
J Am Coll Surg 195:892-4. 2002
- Right intrahepatic pseudocyst following acute pancreatitis: an unusual location after acute pancreatitisSilvio Balzan
Department of Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary Surgery, Hospital Beaujon, 92110, Clichy, France
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 12:135-7. 2005..Asymptomatic intrahepatic PCs can be treated conservatively, and symptomatic intrahepatic PCs can be managed either transcutaneously or surgically...
- Standardized care management ensures similar survival rates in HIV-positive and HIV-negative patients with hepatocellular carcinomaChetana Lim
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Hopital Beaujon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, AP HP, Universite Paris 7, Clichy, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 61:581-7. 2012..It has been suggested that HIV infection has a detrimental impact on patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). The present study sought to test this hypothesis, while controlling for tumor extension and liver disease...
- [Giant hemangioma of the liver revealed by an inflammatory syndrome]Eric Poupardin
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, , , Clichy, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:93-5. 2002..This clinical presentation may help in the diagnosis of giant hemangioma of the liver...
- Obesity and diabetes as a risk factor for hepatocellular carcinomaJean M Regimbeau
, Department of Surgery, Hospital Beaujon, , University Paris VII, Paris, France
Liver Transpl 10:S69-73. 2004..Whether HCC is primarily related to obesity and diabetes mellitus or secondarily to a NAFLD-like parenchymal lesions remains to be clarified...
- High serum level of alpha-fetoprotein in focal nodular hyperplasia of the liverWadad Mneimneh
Pathology Department, Beaujon Hospital, Clichy, France
Pathol Int 61:491-4. 2011..These findings are concordant with the hypothesis that FNH is a regenerative process, and suggest that regenerative areas in the liver might be the source of AFP production...
- Right portal vein ligation: a new planned two-step all-surgical approach for complete resection of primary gastrointestinal tumors with multiple bilateral liver metastasesReza Kianmanesh
Department of Hepato-Biliary and Pancreas Surgery, Clichy, France
J Am Coll Surg 197:164-70. 2003
- Direct bile duct visualization during the preparation of split liversSilvio Balzan
Hepatobiliary Service and Department of Digestive Surgery, Beaujon Hospital, Clichy, France
Liver Transpl 10:703-5. 2004..We present a simple technique aimed at improving the identification of the biliary anatomy at the hilar level and the safety of the procedure...
- Benefit of laparoscopy for rectal resection in patients operated simultaneously for synchronous liver metastases: preliminary experienceFrederic Bretagnol
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Beaujon Hospital, Clichy, France
Surgery 144:436-41. 2008..Combined resection remains controversial because of the risk of morbidity and necessity of a curative abdominal approach to warrant liver resection. Laparoscopic colorectal resection may be beneficial and could facilitate this procedure...
- Auxiliary liver transplantation for fulminant hepatitis B: results from a series of six patients with special emphasis on regeneration and recurrence of hepatitis BFrancois Durand
Service d Hépatologie and INSERM U481, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Liver Transpl 8:701-7. 2002..Finally, the remnant part of the native liver does not compromise immunization against HBV...
- Extent of liver resection influences the outcome in patients with cirrhosis and small hepatocellular carcinomaJean-Marc Regimbeau
Department of Hepatobiliary and Digestive Surgery, Beaujon Hospital, University of Paris VII, Clichy, France
Surgery 131:311-7. 2002..Therefore, anatomical resection should be the treatment of choice and considered as the reference surgical treatment compared with other treatments...
- First description of ABCB4 gene deletions in familial low phospholipid-associated cholelithiasis and oral contraceptives-induced cholestasisEric Pasmant
Service de Biochimie et de Génétique Moléculaire, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Eur J Hum Genet 20:277-82. 2012..Further comparative studies of patients with well-characterized genotypes (including deletions) and phenotypes will help determine whether ABCB4 mutation types influence clinical outcomes...
- High risk of biliary fistula after isolated segment VIII liver resectionSafi Dokmak
Department of HPB Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Beaujon Hospital, 100 bd du Général Leclerc, 92110 Clichy, France
World J Surg 36:2692-8. 2012..Yet, the common existence of an associated underlying diseased liver raises the question of parenchymal-sparing resection...
- Feasibility and effectiveness of using coronary stents in the treatment of hepatic artery stenoses after orthotopic liver transplantation: preliminary reportAlban L Denys
Department of Radiology, , , 92118, Clichy, France
AJR Am J Roentgenol 178:1175-9. 2002..CONCLUSION: Hepatic artery stenosis after liver transplantation can be treated using coronary stents. The low rate of complication, high technical success, and 1-year patency rates are encouraging...
- Aiming at minimal invasiveness as a therapeutic strategy for Budd-Chiari syndromeAurelie Plessier
Service d Hepatologie, Hopital Beaujon, Universite Paris VII, France
Hepatology 44:1308-16. 2006....
- Comparative protein expression profiles of hilar and peripheral hepatic cholangiocarcinomasNathalie Guedj
Department of Pathology, Beaujon Hospital, 100 Boulevard du General Leclerc, 92118 Clichy, France
J Hepatol 51:93-101. 2009..Hepatic cholangiocarcinomas are tumors with poor prognosis and with increasing incidence worldwide. The aim of the study was to compare morphological features and protein profiles of hilar and peripheral cholangiocarcinomas...
- Chemotherapy does not impair hypertrophy of the left liver after right portal vein obstructionDiane Goere
Department of HPB Surgery, Hospital Beaujon, 100 Boulevard du General Leclerc, 92118 Clichy, France
J Gastrointest Surg 10:365-70. 2006..Therefore, chemotherapy can be safely continued until liver surgery, when portal vein obstruction is indicated...