- Risperidone versus haloperidol for facial affect recognition in schizophrenia: findings from a randomised studyEric Fakra
Department of Psychiatry, University of Marseille, Marseille, France
World J Biol Psychiatry 10:719-28. 2009..We conclude that risperidone may specifically act on the processing of emotion-laden information...
- [Schizophrenia or Asperger syndrome?]David Da Fonseca
Centre Ressources Autisme PACA, Service de Pédopsychiatrie, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, F 13009 Marseille, France
Presse Med 37:1268-73. 2008..Accurate distinction between Asperger syndrome and schizophrenia would make it possible to offer more treatment appropriate to the patient's functioning...
- [Mixed states and schizophrenia]E Fakra
SHU Psychiatrie Adultes Pavillon Solaris, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, 13274 Marseille Cedex 09, France Electronic address
Encephale 39:S139-44. 2013....
- [Emotion endophenotypes in bipolar and schizophrenic disorders]E Fakra
pôle universitaire de psychiatrie, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille Cedex 9, France
Encephale 38:S93-7. 2012..These results are discussed in light of the models of shared genetic vulnerability between schizophrenia and bipolar disorders...
- Clozapine for the treatment of schizophreniaEric Fakra
Pôle Universitaire de Psychiatrie Solaris, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
Expert Opin Pharmacother 13:1923-35. 2012..Clozapine , a D(2)-5HT(2) antagonist, was the first antipsychotic to demonstrate efficacy in treatment-resistant patients, and to be associated with the lowest risk of death...
- [Schizophrenia, psychotropic drugs and cognition]E Fakra
pôle universitaire de psychiatrie, hôpital Saint Marguerite, 13274 Marseille Cedex 09, France
Encephale 37:S137-42. 2011..A last part of this article deals with strategies relying on adjunctive therapies. The fairly modest results obtained with these approaches is evoked and briefly reviewed...
- [Prodromal phase in bipolar disorder]E Fakra
pôle universitaire de psychiatrie, Hopital Ste Marguerite, 13274 Marseille Cedex 09
Encephale 36:S8-12. 2010....
- Effect of risperidone versus haloperidol on emotional responding in schizophrenic patientsE Fakra
CIC UPCET et Pharmacologie Clinique, Hopital de la Timone, UMR CNRS 6193 Institut des Neurosciences Cognitives de la Méditerranée, Marseille, France
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 200:261-72. 2008..However, studies have rarely controlled the nature of antipsychotic medication. Yet, the influence of these drugs on emotional response is uncertain and could vary depending on their pharmacological profile...
- Neural bases of different cognitive strategies for facial affect processing in schizophreniaEric Fakra
CIC UPCET, Hopital de la Timone, UMR CNRS 6193 INCM, Marseille, France
Schizophr Res 100:191-205. 2008..To examine the neural basis and dynamics of facial affect processing in schizophrenic patients as compared to healthy controls...
- Differential patterns of initial and sustained responses in amygdala and cortical regions to emotional stimuli in schizophrenia patients and healthy participantsPilar Salgado-Pineda
Centre d Investigation Clinique Unité de Pharmacologie Clinique et d Evaluations Therapeutiques, Hopital de la Timone, Unite Mixte de Recherche, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 6193 Institut de Neurosciences Cognitives de la Méditerranée, Marseille, France
J Psychiatry Neurosci 35:41-8. 2010..We sought to investigate the altered brain responses to emotional stimuli in patients with schizophrenia...
- Risks associated with gender differences in bipolar I disorderJean Michel Azorin
Department of Psychiatry, Sainte Marguerite Hospital, Marseille, France Electronic address
J Affect Disord 151:1033-40. 2013..Previous studies have demonstrated that bipolar patients may differ in several features according to gender, but a number of the differences found remain controversial...
- Differential responses to emotional interference in paranoid schizophrenia and bipolar maniaNathalie Besnier
Pôle Universitaire de Psychiatrie Adultes, CHU Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
Psychopathology 44:1-11. 2011....
- Characteristics and profiles of bipolar I patients according to age-at-onset: findings from an admixture analysisJean Michel Azorin
Department of Psychiatry, Sainte Marguerite Hospital, Marseilles, France
J Affect Disord 150:993-1000. 2013..Many studies have used admixture analysis to separate age-at-onset (AAO) subgroups in bipolar patients, but few have looked at the phenomenological characteristics of these subgroups, in order to find out phenotypic markers...
- Self-assessment and characteristics of mixed depression in the French national EPIDEP studyJean Michel Azorin
Department of Psychiatry, Sainte Marguerite Hospital, Marseilles 13274, France
J Affect Disord 143:109-17. 2012..Studies on mixed depression have been conducted so far on the basis of DSM-IV manic symptoms, i.e., a list of 7 symptoms which may provide limited information on the subsyndromal features associated with a full depressive episode...
- Gender differences in a cohort of major depressive patients: Further evidence for the male depression syndrome hypothesisJean Michel Azorin
Department of Psychiatry, Sainte Marguerite Hospital, Marseilles 13274, France Electronic address
J Affect Disord 167:85-92. 2014..Previous studies have shown that major depressive patients may differ in several features according to gender, but the existence of a specific male depressive syndrome remains controversial...
- Sertindole for the treatment of schizophreniaJean Michel Azorin
Pôle Universitaire de Psychiatrie Solaris, Hopital Ste Marguerite, Marseille, France
Expert Opin Pharmacother 11:3053-64. 2010..Sertindole, a second-generation antipsychotic with high affinity for dopamine D₂, serotonin 5-HT₂(A), 5-HT₂(C), and α₁-adrenergic receptors, is the first phenylindole-derived antipsychotic agent...
- Dopaminergic modulation of amygdala activity during emotion recognition in patients with Parkinson diseasePauline Delaveau
CIC UPCET and Pharmacologie Clinique, CNRS, UMR 6193 INCM, Marseille, France
J Clin Psychopharmacol 29:548-54. 2009....
- Correlates of first-episode polarity in a French cohort of 1089 bipolar I disorder patients: role of temperaments and triggering eventsJean Michel Azorin
Department of Psychiatry, Sainte Marguerite Hospital, Marseilles, France
J Affect Disord 129:39-46. 2011....
- Late-onset bipolar illness: the geriatric bipolar type VIJean Michel Azorin
Pôle Universitaire de Psychiatrie Solaris, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Cedex, France
CNS Neurosci Ther 18:208-13. 2012..More studies are also needed to better disentangle the effects of age at onset from those of age itself...
- [Selecting material to develop an emotional Stroop test adapted to schizophrenia and bipolar disorders]Nathalie Besnier
Service du Pr Azorin, SHU de Psychiatrie Adultes, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
Can J Psychiatry 53:177-88. 2008..This study aims to develop a version of the emotional Stroop test adapted to paranoid schizophrenia and bipolar disorder...
- Effects of HTR1A C(-1019)G on amygdala reactivity and trait anxietyEric Fakra
Hôpital de laTimone, ServiceHospitalo Universitaire dePsychiatrie, Hôpital SteMarguerite, Marseille, France
Arch Gen Psychiatry 66:33-40. 2009..Thus, -1019G may contribute to relatively decreased serotonin signaling at postsynaptic forebrain target sites via increased negative feedback...
- RRS-4: short version of the Retardation Rating Scale to screen for depression in elderly inpatientsSylvie Bonin-Guillaume
Service de médecine interne gériatrie, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Marseille, Hopital Nord, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:331-5. 2008..To develop a short version of the Retardation Rating Scale (RRS), an observer scale recently validated in geriatric inpatients...
- The architecture of cognitive control in schizophreniaValerian Chambon
Centre de Neuroscience Cognitive, Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
Brain 131:962-70. 2008....