- Estimation of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus transmission by considering colonization pressure at the time of hospital admissionM Eveillard
Department of Microbiology and Hygiene, Hopital Louis Mourier, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 178 rue des Renouillers, F 92700 Colombes Cedex, France
J Hosp Infect 60:27-31. 2005..Despite several limitations, ICP should be helpful in the interpretation of MRSA surveillance data, particularly for estimating the extent of MRSA transmission...
- Consideration of age at admission for selective screening to identify methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carriers to control dissemination in a medical wardMatthieu Eveillard
Department of Microbiology and Hygiene, Hôpital Louis Mourier AP HP, Colombes, France
Am J Infect Control 34:108-13. 2006..Our study was to evaluate the efficiency of our selective screening program for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) carriers at admission to nonintensive care units...
- Impact of the reinforcement of a methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus control programme: a 3-year evaluation by several indicators in a French university hospitalMatthieu Eveillard
Department of Microbiology and Hygiene, Intensive Care Unit, Hôpital Louis Mourier AP HP, 178 rue des Renouillers, F 92700, Colombes, France
Eur J Epidemiol 21:551-8. 2006..Further studies should be useful to assess if risk-adjustment is absolutely necessary when tracking rates within a single institution...
- Impact of screening for MRSA carriers at hospital admission on risk-adjusted indicators according to the imported MRSA colonization pressureM Eveillard
Department of Microbiology and Hygiene, Hopital Louis Mourier, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 178 rue des Renouillers, F92700 Colombes Cedex, France
J Hosp Infect 59:254-8. 2005..Comparisons of these indicators must consider the setting in which the screening programmes are implemented...
- Evaluation of a strategy of screening multiple anatomical sites for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus at admission to a teaching hospitalMatthieu Eveillard
Service de Microbiologie et d Hygiène, Hopital Louis Mourier, F92700 Colombes Cedex, France
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 27:181-4. 2006..If rectal screening had not been used, 431 theoretical isolation days would have been missed, and, if axillary screening had not been used, 99 theoretical isolation days would have been missed...
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carriage in a long-term care facility: hypothesis about selection and transmissionMatthieu Eveillard
Hôpital Louis Mourier AP HP, Microbiologie hygiène, France
Age Ageing 37:294-9. 2008..many studies have identified long-term care facilities (LTCFs) as reservoirs of patients carrying methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). However, few data about the mechanisms of MRSA diffusion in these settings are available...
- Influence of tracheal suctioning systems on health care workers' gloves and equipment contamination: a comparison of closed and open systemsJean Damien Ricard
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Louis Mourier, Service de Reanimation Medicale, Colombes, France
Am J Infect Control 39:605-7. 2011..Only the closed system reduced hand and equipment contamination during tracheal suctioning. This equipment could be systematically used to reduce risk of cross contamination in the intensive care unit...
- Carriage of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus among hospital employees: prevalence, duration, and transmission to householdsMatthieu Eveillard
Service de Microbiologie et d Hygiène, Hopital Louis Mourier, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France, Colombes, France
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 25:114-20. 2004..To assess the prevalence and duration of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) carriage among hospital employees and transmission to their households...
- Impact of selective screening in the emergency department on meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus control programmesM Eveillard
Service de Microbiologie Hygiène, Hôpital Louis Mourier AP HP, Colombes, France
J Hosp Infect 63:380-4. 2006..6% (43.6% for the SLHA). This study underscores the risk of MRSA cross-transmission in the SLHA, and the usefulness of implementing a control programme of screening carriers in the ED...
- Curbing methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in 38 French hospitals through a 15-year institutional control programVincent Jarlier
Université Pierre et Marie Curie Hôpital Pitié Salpêtrière, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Arch Intern Med 170:552-9. 2010..In the late 1980s, the proportion of methicillin resistance among clinical strains of Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) reached approximately 40% at AP-HP...
- [Evaluation of the impact of different lengths of pre-enrichment in a nutritive broth and prolonged incubation of MRSA-ID, a chromogenic agar medium, on its performances for identifying methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in screening samples]S Grandin
Service de Microbiologie Hygiène, Hôpital Louis Mourier AP HP, 178 rue des Renouillers, 92700 Colombes, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 57:e37-42. 2009....
- Antimicrobial use prior to the acquisition of multiresistant bacteriaMatthieu Eveillard
Department of Bacteriology, Hygiene and Infection Control, Hopital Nord, Amiens, France
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 23:155-8. 2002..Amoxicillin-clavulanic acid, fluoroquinolones, and third-generation cephalosporins, especially ceftazidime, had been prescribed more often for ESbetaL carriers than for MRSA carriers...
- Effectiveness of gentamicin-impregnated cement in the prevention of deep wound infection after primary total knee arthroplastyMatthieu Eveillard
Department of Bacteriology and Infection Control, centre hospitalier universitaire d Amiens, France
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 24:778-80. 2003..In multivariate analysis, the protective effect of gentamicin-impregnated cement on the development of infection was close to the limit of significance. Gentamicin-impregnated cement may prevent TKA infections...