- Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia revealing de novo mutation causing X-linked hyper-IgM syndrome in an infant male. The first case reported from French GuianaNarcisse Elenga
Pediatric Unit, Andree Rosemon Hospital, Cayenne, French Guiana
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 34:528-30. 2012..The X-linked hyper-IgM (XHIM) syndrome is a rare form of primary immunodeficiency disorder characterized by hypogammaglobulinemia and impaired cell immunity...
- Predictive factors of antiretroviral treatment <4 weeks among HIV-infected pregnant women in Cayenne, French GuianaNarcisse Elenga
Service de Pediatrie, Centre Hospitalier de Cayenne Andrée Rosemon, Cayenne Cedex, French Guiana
AIDS Care 24:46-53. 2012..86, IC95% = 2.57-37.88, p= < 0.001), and drug use (OR = 6.27, IC95% = 1.26-31.13, p=0.025). These predictive factors should be considered in prevention programs against mother to child transmission of HIV...
- [Zidovudine-associated mitochondriopathy: three possible observations in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire]N Elenga
Programme PACCI, CHU de Treichville, BP 2890, Abidjan 18, Cote d Ivoire
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 97:253-6. 2004..We conclude however that the anticipated benefits of PMTCT with antiretrovirals in Africa greatly outweigh the potential risks and should not lead to reconsider their public health interest..
- Severe neurologic complication after delayed hemolytic transfusion reaction in 2 children with sickle cell anemia: significant diagnosis and therapeutic challengesNarcisse Elenga
Institut d Hématologie et d Oncologie Pédiatrique, Hospices Civils de Lyon, France
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 30:928-30. 2008..The role of corticosteroids as possible precipitating factors of neurologic complications is discussed. Pending a better understanding of the chain of events of DHTR, SCD children with DHTR should receive steroids with great caution...
- The predictive value of a maculopapular rash in children hospitalized for dengue fever in Cayenne, French GuianaCelia Basurko
Centre d Investigation Clinique Epidémiologie Clinique Antilles Guyane CIC EC CIE 802, Cayenne General Hospital, Cayenne, French Guiana
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 106:773-5. 2012..A rash was predictive of uncomplicated dengue: the HR of developing a severe form of disease was 0.43 (95% CI 0.21-0.88; p-value=0.021) for patients with rash...
- Pediatric viral human immunodeficiency virus type 1 RNA levels, timing of infection, and disease progression in African HIV-1-infected childrenFrancois Rouet
CeDReS, Programme PAC CI, CHU de Treichville, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire
Pediatrics 112:e289. 2003..To describe plasma human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) RNA levels in African HIV-1-infected children in relation to the timing of infection and disease progression...
- Prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission: similar access for sub-Sahara African immigrants and for French women?Carine Jasseron
INSERM Unit 822, Le Kremlin Bicetre, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1503-11. 2008..To investigate whether mother-to-child transmission (MTCT) management and rate differed between African immigrants and French-born women delivering in France...
- [HIV-1 infection in children in African countries]P Vaz
Service de Pediatrie, Hôpital Central de Maputo, Mozambique
Med Trop (Mars) 63:465-72. 2003....
- Respiratory manifestations in HIV-infected children pre- and post-HAART in Abidjan, the Ivory CoastA Kouakoussui
Projet Enfant Yopougon, PACCI, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire
Paediatr Respir Rev 5:311-5. 2004..However, respiratory events still represented 40% of all events occurring following the start of HAART therapy...