- [Parkinson's disease: Is there a strong environmental contribution?]A Elbaz
INSERM, Unité 708, Service de Neuroépidémiologie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 166:757-63. 2010..In this review, we will present current evidence by focusing on specific illustrative examples...
- Association of walking speed in late midlife with mortality: results from the Whitehall II cohort studyAlexis Elbaz
INSERM, U708, Neuroepidemiology, 75013, Paris, France
Age (Dordr) 35:943-52. 2013..39, 95% CI = 1.04-1.84). In conclusion, walking speed measured in late midlife seems to be an important marker of mortality risk; multiple factors, in particular inflammatory markers, partially explain this association...
- Independent and joint effects of the MAPT and SNCA genes in Parkinson diseaseAlexis Elbaz
INSERM, U708, Neuroepidemiology, F 75013, Paris, France
Ann Neurol 69:778-92. 2011....
- Professional exposure to pesticides and Parkinson diseaseAlexis Elbaz
INSERM, U, Paris, France
Ann Neurol 66:494-504. 2009..Our objective was to investigate the role of specific pesticide families and to perform dose-effect analyses...
- Familial aggregation of Parkinson's disease: a population-based case-control study in Europe. EUROPARKINSON Study GroupA Elbaz
INSERM U 360, Recherches Epidemiologiques en Neurologie et Psychopathologie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Neurology 52:1876-82. 1999..To investigate the familial aggregation of PD in a large collaborative population-based case-control study...
- Parkinson's disease, smoking, and family history. EUROPARKINSON Study GroupA Elbaz
INSERM U 360, Recherches Epidemiologiques en Neurologie et Psychopathologie, H pital de la Salpêtrière, Paris, France
J Neurol 247:793-8. 2000..In conclusion, our findings suggest that smoking and family history interact synergistically on a multiplicative scale in determining the risk of PD in individuals older than 75 years...
- Genetic susceptibility and ischaemic strokeA Elbaz
INSERM Unité 360, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Curr Opin Neurol 12:47-55. 1999..This may have therapeutic and preventive implications...
- Penetrance of Parkinson disease in glucocerebrosidase gene mutation carriersM Anheim
INSERM, U975, Paris, France
Neurology 78:417-20. 2012..Our objective was to estimate PD penetrance in a familial study of GBA mutation carriers...
- Common carotid artery intima-media thickness and brain infarction : the Etude du Profil Génétique de l'Infarctus Cérébral (GENIC) case-control study. The GENIC InvestigatorsP J Touboul
Department of Neurology, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris, France
Circulation 102:313-8. 2000..73; 95% confidence interval, 1.45 to 2.07). CONCLUSIONS-An increased CCA-IMT was associated with BI, both overall and in the main subtypes. An increased IMT may help select patients at high risk for BI...
- Association studies between haemochromatosis gene mutations and the risk of cardiovascular diseasesG Hetet
INSERM U409 and Association Claude Bernard, Paris, France, Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Invest 31:382-8. 2001..Positive association studies have been recently published between cardiovascular diseases and heterozygosity for the major mutation C282Y in the haemochromatosis gene HFE...