- Prehypertension among adults in Great Tunis region (Tunisia): A population-based studyM Allal-Elasmi
Research Laboratory LR99ES11, Biochemistry Laboratory, Rabta Hospital, 1007 Jebbari, Tunis, Tunisia
Pathol Biol (Paris) 60:174-9. 2012..The present study aimed to determine the prevalence of prehypertension (preHTN) and its cardiometabolic profile in Tunisians, and to estimate the risk for coronary heart disease (CHD) according to blood pressure status...
- Psoriasis is associated with increased Framingham ten-year risk score for coronary heart disease in TunisiansMonia Allal-El Asmi
Research Laboratory LR99ES11, Biochemistry Department Tunis, Tunisia
Clin Lab 59:1247-52. 2013..To assess the ten-year cardiovascular risk for coronary heart disease (CHD) in psoriatic patients and to test the impact of psoriasis severity and duration on cardiovascular risk...
- [Prevalence of conventional cardiovascular risk factors in the Great Tunis population]M Elasmi
Service de Biochimie, hôpital La Rabta de Tunis, 1007 Jebbari, Tunis, Tunisie
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 57:87-92. 2009..This study was designed to determine the prevalence of main cardiovascular risk factors in the population of Great Tunis...
- The metabolic syndrome: prevalence, main characteristics and association with socio-economic status in adults living in Great TunisM Allal-Elasmi
Research Laboratory LR99ES11, Biochemistry Laboratory, Rabta Hospital, Tunis, Tunisia
Diabetes Metab 36:204-8. 2010..This study aimed to determine the prevalence of the metabolic syndrome (MetS) and its association with socio-economic status in the population of Great Tunis...
- Apolipoprotein B signal peptide polymorphism: distribution and influence on lipid parameters in Tunisian populationA Kallel
Laboratoire de Rocherche LAB SM 01, Service de Biochimie, Hopital La Rabta, Tunis, Tunisie
Physiol Res 56:411-7. 2007..Our results show that distribution of apo B insertion/deletion polymorphism in Tunisians is similar to other Caucasian population and confirm the reported association with serum LDL-cholesterol and apo B concentrations...
- The G3057A LEPR polymorphism is associated with obesity in Tunisian womenS Ben Ali
Research Laboratory LR99ES11, Biochemistry Department, Rabta University Hospital, Tunis, Tunisia
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 21:591-6. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of the G3057A (rs62589000) LEPR polymorphism on obesity risk and plasma leptin, insulin, and lipid levels in a sample of the Tunisian population...
- Plasma fatty acids profile and estimated elongase and desaturases activities in Tunisian patients with the metabolic syndromeM M Sethom
UR05 08 08 and LR99ES11, Department of Biochemistry, Rabta Hospital and Faculty of Medicine of Tunis, El Manar University, Tunis, Tunisia
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 85:137-41. 2011..80 (0.54-1.17), 0.47 (0.27-0.81) and 0.32 (0.15-0.68) for second, third and fourth quartiles of PUFA, respectively. Altered fatty acids pattern in MetS is likely related to both dietary and metabolic changes...
- Apolipoprotein E polymorphism in the Tunisian population: frequency and effect on lipid parametersR Jemaa
Laboratoire de Recherche LAB SM 01, Service de Biochimie, Hopital La Rabta, Tunis, Tunisia
Clin Biochem 39:816-20. 2006..We determined the frequencies of apolipoprotein E (apo E) gene alleles and examined the association between apo E polymorphism and lipid parameters in a sample of the Tunisian population...