Mohamad El Haj
- El Haj M. Destination memory for self-generated actions. Aging Clin Exp Res. 2016;28:935-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings highlight the beneficial effect of self-generation on destination memory in older adults. ..
- El Haj M, Miller R. Destination memory: the relationship between memory and social cognition. Psychol Res. 2018;82:1027-1038 pubmed publisher..By so doing, we highlight how destination memory can be intertwined with not only basic cognition but social cognition as well. ..
- El Haj M, Altman R, Bortolon C, Capdevielle D, Raffard S. Destination memory in schizophrenia: "Did I told Elvis Presley about the thief?". Psychiatry Res. 2017;248:71-76 pubmed publisher..This difficulty may be related to compromise in binding separate cues together to form a coherent representation of an event in memory. ..
- Haj M, Saloppé X, Nandrino J. Destination memory and deception: when I lie to Barack Obama about the moon. Psychol Res. 2018;82:600-606 pubmed publisher..However, the inconsistency between deceiving and the moral standard of individuals with a low tendency to deceive may result in high destination memory in these individuals. ..
- El Haj M, Antoine P. Describe yourself to improve your autobiographical memory: A study in Alzheimer's disease. Cortex. 2017;88:165-172 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the relationship between self and autobiographical memory in AD and demonstrate how retrieval of information related to conceptual self may influence autobiographical memory in the disease. ..
- El Haj M, Antoine P. Discrepancy between subjective autobiographical reliving and objective recall: The past as seen by Alzheimer's disease patients. Conscious Cogn. 2017;49:110-116 pubmed publisher..This discrepancy can be attributed to a potential genuine consciousness experience in which mild AD patients can, to some extent, experience some subjective features of the past. ..
- El Haj M, Roche J, Jardri R, Kapogiannis D, Gallouj K, Antoine P. Clinical and neurocognitive aspects of hallucinations in Alzheimer's disease. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2017;83:713-720 pubmed publisher..g., psychological distress and/or iatrogenic factors). Finally, we provide recommendations for assessment and management of these psychotic manifestations in AD, with the aim to benefit patients, caregivers, and health professionals. ..
- El Haj M, Nandrino J, Coello Y, Miller R, Antoine P. Source monitoring in Korsakoff's syndrome: "Did I touch the toothbrush or did I imagine doing so?". Cortex. 2017;91:262-270 pubmed publisher..Our data provide preliminary evidence that the ability to recognize oneself as the author of one's own actions may be relatively preserved in Korsakoff's syndrome. ..
- El Haj M, Janssen S, Antoine P. Memory and time: Backward and forward telescoping in Alzheimer's disease. Brain Cogn. 2017;117:65-72 pubmed publisher..Backward telescoping can be associated with deficiencies in retrieving context characteristics of events, which have been associated with retrograde amnesia and pathological changes to the hippocampus in AD. ..