Genomes and Genes
- Amprenavir inhibitory quotient and virological response in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients on an amprenavir-containing salvage regimen without or with ritonavirXavier Duval
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:570-4. 2002..03 to 0.70) and 7.0 (range, 1.4 to 145), respectively. At week 24, 2 of 8 and 13 of 14 patients in groups A and B, respectively, had <200 HIV RNA copies/ml of plasma, including 4 of 5 patients infected with APV-resistant viruses...
- Does enfuvirtide increase the risk of bacterial pneumonia in patients receiving combination antiretroviral therapy?I Kousignian
INSERM U, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:138-44. 2010....
- Temporal trends in infective endocarditis in the context of prophylaxis guideline modifications: three successive population-based surveysXavier Duval
Inserm CIC 007, AP HP, Hôpital Universitaire Bichat, Paris, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 59:1968-76. 2012..The goal of this study was to evaluate temporal trends in infective endocarditis (IE) incidence and clinical characteristics after 2002 French IE prophylaxis guideline modifications...
- Flexibility of interval between vaccinations with AS03A-adjuvanted influenza A (H1N1) 2009 vaccine in adults aged 18-60 and >60 years: a randomized trialXavier Duval
Universite Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, UMR 738, France
BMC Infect Dis 12:162. 2012....
- Diabetes mellitus and infective endocarditis: the insulin factor in patient morbidity and mortalityXavier Duval
Universite Paris 7, Denis Diderot, Laboratoire de pathologie Infectieuse, Paris, France
Eur Heart J 28:59-64. 2007..To analyse the characteristics of infective endocarditis (IE) in patients with diabetes mellitus (DM), and to evaluate the prognostic significance of DM according to insulin use...
- [Analyzing clinical trials: subgroup, stratified, and intermediate analyses, and composite outcome criteria]Xavier Duval
centre d investigation clinique, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris
Presse Med 36:519-23. 2007..Composite outcome criteria combine several different elements, all of which must be clinically relevant. Unequal treatments effects on the various criteria may complicate interpretation of the results...
- Effect of early cerebral magnetic resonance imaging on clinical decisions in infective endocarditis: a prospective studyXavier Duval
Paris 7 University Medical School, AP HP Bichat University Hospital, and INSERM CIC 007, Paris, France
Ann Intern Med 152:497-504, W175. 2010..Neurologic complications of endocarditis can influence diagnosis, therapeutic plans, and prognosis...
- Prophylaxis of infective endocarditis: current tendencies, continuing controversiesXavier Duval
APHP, Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Paris 7 Diderot University, Paris, France
Lancet Infect Dis 8:225-32. 2008..Recommendations for prophylaxis are now essentially focused on patients with high-risk predisposing cardiac conditions before dental procedures...
- [Prophylaxis of infective endocarditis: trends and new recommendations]X Duval
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, 46, rue Henri Huchard, 75877 Paris Cedex 18, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 57:102-8. 2008..Systematic antibiotic prophylaxis remains necessary, however, in the category of patients at very high risk...
- Benefit of therapeutic drug monitoring of protease inhibitors in HIV-infected patients depends on PI used in HAART regimen--ANRS 111 trialXavier Duval
Inserm CIC 007, Hopital Bichat, Paris, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 23:491-500. 2009....
- The new American Heart Association guidelines on the prevention of infective endocarditis: culmination of a long process of thoughtXavier Duval
, Denis Diderot, Paris, France
Heart 94:715-6. 2008
- Living with HIV, antiretroviral treatment experience and tobacco smoking: results from a multisite cross-sectional studyXavier Duval
INSERM, Clinical Investigation Center 007, Inserm 738, Bichat, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 13:389-97. 2008..To assess the prevalence of and factors associated with tobacco smoking and dependence in HIV patients...
- Estimated risk of endocarditis in adults with predisposing cardiac conditions undergoing dental procedures with or without antibiotic prophylaxisXavier Duval
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales B, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Bichat Claude Bernard, Universite Paris VII, INSERM U 738, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 42:e102-7. 2006....
- Influence of pharmacogenetics on indinavir disposition and short-term response in HIV patients initiating HAARTJulie Bertrand
UMR 738, INSERM, Universite Paris Diderot, UFR de Medecine, 16, rue Henri Huchard, 75018, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 65:667-78. 2009..To assess the relationship between genetic polymorphisms and indinavir pharmacokinetic variability and to study the link between concentrations and short-term response or metabolic safety...
- Prognostic value of B-type natriuretic peptide in elderly patients with aortic valve stenosis: the COFRASA-GENERAC studyClaire Cimadevilla
Department of Cardiology, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Bichat Hospital, Paris, France
Heart 99:461-7. 2013..We aimed to evaluate the relationship among N-terminal fragment of proBNP (Nt-proBNP), AS severity, symptoms and outcome in a large cohort of elderly patients with AS...
- Lamivudine and indinavir/ritonavir maintenance therapy in highly pretreated HIV-infected patients (Vista ANRS 109)Odile Launay
, , Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Cochin, AP-HP, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 11:889-99. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: In patients with advanced resistance, treatment simplification prevented resurgence of wild-type HIV, reduced drug burden, but failed to stabilize progression of the immune deficiency...
- How do HIV-infected smokers react to cigarette price increases? Evidence from the APROCO-COPILOTE-ANRS CO8 CohortPatrick Peretti-Watel
INSERM, U912 SE4S, Marseille, France
Curr HIV Res 7:462-7. 2009..Raising cigarette prices is usually considered as one of the most effective ways to reduce smoking, but its effectiveness has never been studied among HIV-infected smokers...
- Indinavir trough concentration as a determinant of early nephrolithiasis in HIV-1-infected adultsFideline Collin
INSERM, U593, Bordeaux, France, and ISPED, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, ISPED Bordeaux, France
Ther Drug Monit 29:164-70. 2007..Prospective and early indinavir Cres determination should be recommended in the patient's care management and dosage adjustments...
- Hair versus plasma concentrations as indicator of indinavir exposure in HIV-1-infected patients treated with indinavir/ritonavir combinationXavier Duval
Services des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Biostatistique et Recherche Clinique, Paris, France
AIDS 21:106-8. 2007....
- Systematic evaluation and description of anal pathology in HIV-infected patients during the HAART eraLaurent Abramowitz
AP HP, Department of Gastroenterology and Proctology, Bichat University Hospital, Paris, France
Dis Colon Rectum 52:1130-6. 2009..This study aimed to determine the prevalence of macroscopic anal lesions and associated factors in HIV-infected outpatients during the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy...
- Clinical and immunologic outcome in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection, according to virologic efficacy in the year after virus undetectability, during antiretroviral therapySophie Abgrall
Equipe mixte INSERM 0214, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 37:1517-26. 2003..18 [95% CI, 0.48-2.92]; aHR for immunologic failure, 1.07 [95% CI, 0.87-1.32]), suggesting that a low viral rebound while receiving HAART that contains a PI has no significant consequence on midterm clinical outcome...
- High variability of indinavir and nelfinavir pharmacokinetics in HIV-infected patients with a sustained virological response on highly active antiretroviral therapyCecile Goujard
Internal Medicine Unit, Bicetre University Hospital, AP HP, Kremlin Bicetre, France
Clin Pharmacokinet 44:1267-78. 2005....
- Indinavir plasma concentration and adherence score are codeterminant of early virologic response in HIV-infected patients of the APROCO cohortXavier Duval
Laboratoire de Recherche en Pathologie Infectieuse, Faculte Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Ther Drug Monit 27:63-70. 2005..These data suggest that any strategy of therapeutic drug monitoring must imply first a combined evaluation of plasma concentrations and adherence level and second an intervention target based on the results of both assessments...
- Effect of CYP2C19 polymorphism on nelfinavir to M8 biotransformation in HIV patientsDeborah Hirt
Service de Pharmacologie Clinique, AP HP, Hopital Cochin Saint Vincent de Paul, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 65:548-57. 2008..However, for MDR1 and CYP2C19 polymorphism, there have been contradictory studies, showing either no impact on nelfinavir concentration or modified concentrations which could influence virological response...
- CD4+ T-cell percentage is an independent predictor of clinical progression in AIDS-free antiretroviral-naive patients with CD4+ T-cell counts >200 cells/mm3Marguerite Guiguet
INSERM U943, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 14:451-7. 2009....
- Evolution of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) resistance mutations in nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs) in HIV-1-infected patients switched to antiretroviral therapy without NNRTIsVeronique Joly
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales A, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, 75877 Paris Cedex 18, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:172-5. 2004..These results argue for the low impact of NNRTI resistance mutations on viral fitness and suggest that resistance mutations to different classes of drugs are associated on the same genome, at least in some of the resistant strains...
- Host factors and portal of entry outweigh bacterial determinants to predict the severity of Escherichia coli bacteremiaAgnes Lefort
AP HP, Hopital Beaujon, Service de Medecine Interne, 92110 Clichy Cedex, France
J Clin Microbiol 49:777-83. 2011..46 [95% CI, 0.30 to 0.70] and OR = 0.53 [95% CI, 0.30 to 0.91], respectively). In summary, host factors and the portal of entry outweigh bacterial determinants for predicting E. coli bacteremia severity...
- Tubulopathy consecutive to tenofovir-containing antiretroviral therapy in two patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus-1Guillaume Breton
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Paris, France
Scand J Infect Dis 36:527-8. 2004..The risk of renal tubulopathy symptoms in patients on long-term tenofovir therapy should be noted...
- Gag mutations strongly contribute to HIV-1 resistance to protease inhibitors in highly drug-experienced patients besides compensating for fitness lossElisabeth Dam
INSERM U552, Paris, France
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000345. 2009..Further compensatory mutations render viral RC independent of the A431V or I437V mutations while their effect on resistance persists...
- Impact of newly available drugs on clinical progression in patients with virological failure after exposure to three classes of antiretroviralsDominique Costagliola
INSERM U720, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 10:563-73. 2005..To study the prognosis of HIV-infected patients with virological failure after exposure to three classes of antiretroviral drugs (ARVs)...
- Respective effects of early cerebral and abdominal magnetic resonance imaging on clinical decisions in infective endocarditisBernard Iung
AP HP, Department of Cardiology, Bichat University Hospital, and Paris Diderot Paris 7 University Medical School, Paris, France
Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging 13:703-10. 2012..The aim of this study was to assess how early combined cerebral and abdominal magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) affects the diagnosis and management of adults with endocarditis...
- Effect of oseltamivir, zanamivir or oseltamivir-zanamivir combination treatments on transmission of influenza in householdsFabrice Carrat
APHP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Unité de santé publique, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 17:1085-90. 2012..The effectiveness of neuraminidase inhibitors to reduce transmission when used as treatment in influenza-infected patients remains debated...
- Preoperative use and safety of coronary angiography for acute aortic valve infective endocarditisGuillaume Hekimian
Cardiology Department, APHP and University Paris, Bichat Hospital, Paris, France
Heart 96:696-700. 2010....
- Anal squamous intraepithelial lesions and condyloma in HIV-infected heterosexual men, homosexual men and women: prevalence and associated factorsLaurent Abramowitz
Department of Gastroenterology and Proctology, Bichat Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS 21:1457-65. 2007..To assess the prevalence of and factors associated with squamous intraepithelial lesions and condyloma [human papillomavirus (HPV)-related lesions) in HIV-infected patients...
- Growth factor receptor expression in anal squamous lesions: modifications associated with oncogenic human papillomavirus and human immunodeficiency virusFrancine Walker
Department of Pathology, Institut de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité773, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, 75018 Paris, France
Hum Pathol 40:1517-27. 2009..The finding that EGFR, c-Met, and VEGFR1 involved in carcinogenesis are well-represented and coexpressed in anal cancers, especially in HIV-positive population, suggests possible novel targeted treatments for anal diseases...
- Mechanisms involved in the low-level regeneration of CD4+ cells in HIV-1-infected patients receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy who have prolonged undetectable plasma viral loadsOlivier Benveniste
, , Paris, France
J Infect Dis 191:1670-9. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: The mechanisms responsible for the low-level regeneration of CD4(+) cells involve, at least, deficiency in the regeneration of central CD4(+) cells and excessive apoptosis...
- Determinants of immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome in HIV type 1-infected patients with tuberculosis after initiation of antiretroviral therapyGuillaume Breton
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, INSERM E0357, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 39:1709-12. 2004..These results have implications for the diagnosis of IRIS and the understanding of its pathogenesis...
- Maintenance therapy with cotrimoxazole for toxoplasmic encephalitis in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyXavier Duval
Department of Infectious Diseases, Bichat-Claude Bernard Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS 18:1342-4. 2004..1 cases per 100 patient-years (95% confidence interval, 0.05-11.3). This strategy could be useful for patients awaiting immune reconstitution which allows the interruption of TE maintenance therapy...
- Bacteraemia caused by third-generation cephalosporin-resistant Escherichia coli in France: prevalence, molecular epidemiology and clinical featuresA Courpon-Claudinon
AP HP, Hopital Louis Mourier, Service de Microbiologie Hygiène, Colombes, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 17:557-65. 2011..The fact that the molecular support of 3GC resistance is mainly plasmid-mediated represents a potentially epidemic threat...
- Unusual presentation of cryolife O'Brien(R) stentless aortic valve bioprosthesis dysfunction mimicking infective endocarditisLaurent Lepage
Department of Cardiac Surgery, AP HP, Bichat Hospital, Paris, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 41:800-5. 2012..We reviewed all cases of aortic PV-IE admitted in our institution and compared the clinical presentation, bacteriological and echocardiographic features according to the type of prosthesis...
- Adherence Profiles and Therapeutic Responses of Treatment-Naive HIV-Infected Patients Starting Boosted Atazanavir-Based Therapy in the ANRS 134-COPHAR 3 TrialJean Jacques Parienti
Univ Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, UMR 738, and INSERM, UMR 738, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:2265-71. 2013..Timing compliance should be supported to optimize DVS during the early phase of treatment by once-daily boosted protease inhibitor-based ART. (This study has been registered at ClinicalTrials.gov under registration no. NCT00528060.)...
- Predominant Role of Host Proteases in Myocardial Damage Associated with Infectious Endocarditis Induced by Enterococcus faecalis in a Rat ModelPascal Augustin
Inserm UMR698, Paris, France
Infect Immun 81:1721-9. 2013..Our results suggest that, despite the lack of bacterial proteases, the continuous attractant signals coming from bacterial colonies may lead to a chronic and deleterious aggression toward myocardial/valvular tissues by host proteases...
- Incidence of and risk factors for adverse drug reactions in a prospective cohort of HIV-infected adults initiating protease inhibitor-containing therapyXavier Duval
Laboratoire de Recherche en Pathologie Infectieuse, , Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 39:248-55. 2004..7; 95% CI, 1.2-2.4) were independently predictive of a SADR. SADRs were frequent in the first 4 months after initiation of highly active antiretroviral therapy but continued to occur after that time period...
- Modeling the time course of CD4 T-lymphocyte counts according to the level of virologic rebound in HIV-1-infected patients on highly active antiretroviral therapyIsabelle Kousignian
INSERM EMI 0214, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 34:50-7. 2003..To study the influence of the level of virologic rebound during combination antiretroviral therapy on the time course of the CD4 count...
- Hot spots of integrase genotypic changes leading to HIV-2 resistance to raltegravirCharlotte Charpentier
Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Laboratoire de Virologie, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:1293-5. 2011..Thus, despite a 40% difference in integrase genes between HIV-1 and HIV-2, the genetic pathways leading to raltegravir resistance are similar...
- Ciprofloxacin dosage and emergence of resistance in human commensal bacteriaBruno Fantin
Universite Paris Diderot, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 200:390-8. 2009..Although optimization of the fluoroquinolone dosage increases the efficacy of this class of drugs against bacterial infections, its impact on the emergence of resistance in commensal bacteria is unknown...
- Cerebral microbleeds are frequent in infective endocarditis: a case-control studyIsabelle Klein
Department of Radiology, Bichat University Hospital, 75018 Paris, France
Stroke 40:3461-5. 2009..CMBs have been reported in isolated cases of infective endocarditis (IE), but their frequency and the association of CMBs with IE have not yet been studied...
- Determination of indinavir and nelfinavir trough plasma concentration efficacy thresholds according to virological response in HIV-infected patientsX Duval
Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Paris, France
HIV Med 5:307-13. 2004....
- Is long-term virological response related to CCR5 Delta32 deletion in HIV-1-infected patients started on highly active antiretroviral therapy?J J Laurichesse
Laboratoire de Recherche en Pathologie Infectieuse, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
HIV Med 11:239-44. 2010..The aim of the study was to determine whether the chemokine (C-C motif) receptor 5 (CCR5) Delta32 deletion is associated with long-term response to combination antiretroviral treatment (cART) in HIV-1-infected patients...
- Silent T2* cerebral microbleeds: a potential new imaging clue in infective endocarditisI Klein
Department of Radiology, Bichat University Hospital, Paris, France
Neurology 68:2043. 2007
- HIV-1 DNA for the measurement of the HIV reservoir is predictive of disease progression in seroconverters whatever the mode of result expression isVéronique Avettand-Fenoel
AP HP, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Laboratoire de Virologie, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 42:399-404. 2008..Previously, HIV-DNA levels have sometimes been reported by other means: copies/10(6) CD4(+)T cells, reflecting the proportion of infected cells; or copies/mL whole blood, reflecting the global blood reservoir size...
- Marked increase in the incidence of invasive anal cancer among HIV-infected patients despite treatment with combination antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
AP HP, Department of Clinical Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Rene Descartes University, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1203-11. 2008..To describe the cases of anal cancer that appeared in the French Hospital Database on HIV between 1992 and 2004 and to study risk factors of anal cancer...
- Informed consent in clinical research in France: assessment and factors associated with therapeutic misconceptionI S Durand-Zaleski
AP HP, Henri Mondor Hospital, Public Health, Creteil, France
J Med Ethics 34:e16. 2008..Informed consent in clinical research is mandated throughout the world. Both patient subjects and investigators are required to understand and accept the distinction between research and treatment...
- Role of vegetation-associated protease activity in valve destruction in human infective endocarditisGhada Al-Salih
INSERM U698, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e45695. 2012..We hypothesized that host defense activation may be directly involved in tissue proteolytic aggression, in addition to pathogenic effects of bacterial colonization...
- Endocarditis in patients with a permanent pacemaker: a 1-year epidemiological survey on infective endocarditis due to valvular and/or pacemaker infectionXavier Duval
University Medical Center of Bichat-Claude Bernard, Assistance Publique-Hopital de Paris, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 39:68-74. 2004..The incidence of age- and sex-standardized IE was 550 cases/million PM recipients per year. The incidence of IE with PM involvement is between that of valvular IE in the general population and prosthetic valve IE...
- Measurement of aortic valve calcification using multislice computed tomography: correlation with haemodynamic severity of aortic stenosis and clinical implication for patients with low ejection fractionCaroline Cueff
Cardiology Department, AP HP, Bichat Hospital, Paris, France
Heart 97:721-6. 2011..Whether threshold values of AVC obtained with EBCT could be extrapolated to multislice computed tomography (MSCT) was unclear and AVC diagnostic value in patients with low ejection fraction (EF) has never been specifically evaluated...
- Causes of the first AIDS-defining illness and subsequent survival before and after the advent of combined antiretroviral therapyS Grabar
Department of Public Health, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
HIV Med 9:246-56. 2008....
- Technetium 99m-labeled annexin V scintigraphy of platelet activation in vegetations of experimental endocarditisFrancois Rouzet
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard, Service de Medecine Nucleaire, Paris, France
Circulation 117:781-9. 2008..This ability was assessed in rabbits and rats because of the different interest of these 2 species in preclinical analysis...
- Factors associated with non-adherence to long-term highly active antiretroviral therapy: a 10 year follow-up analysis with correction for the bias induced by missing dataCamelia Protopopescu
INSERM, U912 SE4S, 13006 Marseille, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 64:599-606. 2009..The aim of this study was to identify factors associated with non-adherence over a 10 year follow-up of the APROCO-COPILOTE cohort during the maintenance phase of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- [Long-term immunologic response in HIV-infected patients with CD4 cell counts </= 50/mm3 when initiating protease inhibitor therapy]V Le Moing
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, , Paris
Ann Med Interne (Paris) 152:11-4. 2001..This immunological response was correlated with the duration of the virological response. However, 38% of patients with long-term immunological response never had a undetectable viral load...
- 2011-12 Seasonal Influenza Vaccines Effectiveness against Confirmed A(H3N2) Influenza Hospitalisation: Pooled Analysis from a European Network of Hospitals. A Pilot StudyMarc Rondy
EpiConcept, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e59681. 2013..We assessed the feasibility of measuring seasonal IVE against hospitalisation with laboratory confirmed influenza through a network of 21 hospitals in the European Union...
- Cryptococcal neuroradiological lesions correlate with severity during cryptococcal meningoencephalitis in HIV-positive patients in the HAART eraCaroline Charlier
Centre National de Référence Mycologie et Antifongiques, Unité de Mycologie Moléculaire, CNRS URA 3012, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 3:e1950. 2008..Given this, we suggest that investigation for cryptococcosis-related lesions is merited, even in the absence of neurological abnormality, if a high fungal burden is suspected on the basis of high serum and/or CSF antigen titers...
- How does loss to follow-up influence cohort findings on HIV infection? A joint analysis of the French hospital database on HIV, Mortalité 2000 survey and death certificatesE Lanoy
INSERM, U720, Paris, France
HIV Med 10:236-45. 2009....
- [Paradoxical aggravation of tuberculosis after antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected patients]X Duval
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Groupe Hospitalier Bichat-Claude Bernard, 46, rue Henri Huchard, F75877 Paris
Presse Med 30:213-6. 2001..The onset of antiretroviral therapy could thus be delayed by several weeks in HIV-infected patients treated for active tuberculosis and who have never received antiretroviral therapy...
- Failure of valacyclovir for herpes zoster in a moderately immunocompromised HIV-infected patientG Breton
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS Patient Care STDS 18:255-7. 2004..Clinical outcome was favorable after intravenous acyclovir. This case suggests careful monitoring of valacyclovir in HIV-infected patients is necessary...
- [What is the state of infective endocarditis prophylaxis guidelines according to the latest American recommendations?]X Duval
centre d investigation clinique, INSERM 007, Laboratoire de Recherche en Pathologie Infectieuse, Universite Paris 7, CHU Bichat Claude Bernard, université Paris VII Denis Diderot, 46 rue Henri Huchard, Paris Cedex 18, France
Med Mal Infect 38:S52-4. 2008
- Salivary cytomegalovirus (CMV) shedding, glycoprotein B genotype distribution, and CMV disease in human immunodeficiency virus-seropositive patientsN Fidouh-Houhou
Department of Virology, Bichat-Claude Bernard Hospital, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 33:1406-11. 2001..CMV salivary shedding (P=.043), low CD4+ cell count (P=.041), and CMV viremia (P=.011) were associated with occurrence of CMV disease...
- Definite streptococcus bovis endocarditis: characteristics in 20 patientsX Duval
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, and Service de Bacteriologie, , Paris, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 7:3-10. 2001..bovis IE observed in this study...
- Retroviral rebound syndrome with meningoencephalitis after cessation of antiretroviral therapyGuillaume Breton
Am J Med 114:769-70. 2003
- Evolution of protease and reverse transcriptase inhibitor resistance-associated mutations in HIV-1-infected protease inhibitor-treated patients with persistent low viraemiaXavier Duval
Antivir Ther 10:197-9. 2005
- Is phosphatemia the best tool to monitor renal tenofovir toxicity?Marie Essig
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 46:256-8. 2007
- Development of an assay method for the detection and quantification of protease and non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors in plasma and in peripherical blood mononuclear cells by liquid chromatography coupled with ultraviolet or tandem mass specHélène Pélerin
CEA, Service de Pharmacologie et d Immunologie, DSV DRM, 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 819:47-57. 2005..25 to 250 ng/pellet. Simple modifications in the mobile phase composition (slight increase of ammonium acetate concentration and addition of methanol for LC-UV) easily linked the two analytical systems...