- Renal function in older hospital patients is more accurately estimated using the Cockcroft-Gault formula than the modification diet in renal disease formulaRenaud Pequignot
Service de Geriatrie, Hôpital Charles Foix and Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Ivry sur Seine, France, and Service de Médecine et de Réadaptation, Hopital National, Saint Maurice, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:1638-43. 2009..To compare the accuracy of the two most popular creatinine clearance (CrCl) estimation formulae (Cockcroft-Gault (CG) and Modification Diet in Renal Disease (MDRD)) in older hospitalized patients...
- Insulin-Like Growth Factor I, Insulin-like Growth factor Binding Protein 3, and Atrial Fibrillation in the ElderlyEmmanuelle Duron
Department of Geriatrics, AP HP, Broca Hospital, Paris, France Université Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, EA 4468, Paris, France INSERM, UMR S894, Centre de Psychiatrie et Neuroscience, Paris, France
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 69:1025-32. 2014..The objective of this analysis was to assess, the relationship between IGF-I and IGFBP-3 serum levels and AF among elderly participants...
- Capacity to consent to biomedical research's evaluation among older cognitively impaired patients. A study to validate the University of California Brief Assessment of Capacity to Consent questionnaire in French among older cognitively impaired patientsE Duron
AP HP, groupe hospitalier Paris centre Broca Hospital, Department of Geriatrics, Paris, France
J Nutr Health Aging 17:385-9. 2013..The University of California Brief Assessment of Capacity to Consent (UBACC) is a rapid questionnaire to assess the ability to consent, previously validated among schizophrenic patients...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 in Alzheimer's diseaseEmmanuelle Duron
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Broca Hospital, Department of Geriatrics, 54 56 Rue Pascal, 75013 Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:4673-81. 2012..Few large studies have been conducted to assess the relationship between circulating IGF and late-life cognition...
- Antihypertensive treatments, cognitive decline, and dementiaEmmanuelle Duron
Department of Geriatrics, University Paris Descartes, Broca Hospital, AP HP, France
J Alzheimers Dis 20:903-14. 2010..A low blood pressure threshold that could be deleterious for cognitive function should also be determined...
- Effects of antihypertensive therapy on cognitive decline in Alzheimer's diseaseEmmanuelle Duron
Department of Geriatrics, University Descartes Paris 5, Broca Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Hypertens 22:1020-4. 2009..Our objective was to evaluate the impact of antihypertensive therapy on the cognitive function in subjects already diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- [Atrial fibrillation and cognitive function]Emmanuelle Duron
Hopital Broca, Paris
Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil 8:209-14. 2010..Thus, there is some evidence that FA could be associated with cognitive decline and dementia but this link should be supported by more powerful long term longitudinal studies...
- Relationship between orthostatic hypotension and cognitive impairment in the elderlyShima Mehrabian
Universite Paris Descartes, Department of Geriatrics, Hopital Broca, 54 56 Rue Pascal, 75013 Paris, France
J Neurol Sci 299:45-8. 2010..To determine the relationship between orthostatic hypotension (OH) and cognitive function in elderly subjects with memory complaints...
- Somatostatin, Alzheimer's disease and cognition: an old story coming of age?Jacques Epelbaum
Centre de Psychiatrie et Neuroscience, UMR 894 INSERM, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris Descartes, 75014 Paris, France
Prog Neurobiol 89:153-61. 2009..The current SRIF story illustrates how cognition and emotion are intimately integrated in brain function...
- Functional MR imaging or Wada test: which is the better predictor of individual postoperative memory outcome?Sophie Dupont
Epilepsy Unit, Neurology Clinic Paul Castaigne, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, APHP, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Radiology 255:128-34. 2010..To retrospectively determine whether blood oxygen level-dependent functional magnetic resonance (MR) imaging can aid prediction of postoperative memory changes in epileptic patients after temporal lobe surgery...