- Accuracy of standard dermoscopy for diagnosing scabiesAlain Dupuy
Service de Dermatologie 2, Hopital Saint Louis, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:53-62. 2007..We compared diagnostic accuracy of in vivo dermoscopic (DS) mite identification using a pocket handheld low-magnification DS with the reference method...
- Randomized controlled trial testing the impact of high-protection sunscreens on sun-exposure behaviorAlain Dupuy
Service de Dermatologie, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, Paris, France
Arch Dermatol 141:950-6. 2005..We tested the influence of both the actual protection (sun protection factor [SPF]) and the information about protection (label) on sun-exposure behavior...
- ESHAP for primary cutaneous T-cell lymphomas: efficacy and tolerance in 11 patientsAmel Mebazaa
Service de Dermatologie 2, , Paris, France
Hematol J 5:553-8. 2005..Our results suggest that ESHAP has a poor risk/benefit ratio in advanced CTCL because of the low number of complete remissions, the short duration of partial remissions and its high-grade toxicity...
- Incidence, risk factors, and severity of herpesvirus infections in a cohort of 121 patients with primary dermatomyositis and dermatomyositis associated with a malignant neoplasmLaurence Fardet
Université Paris 7 Diderot and Department of Dermatology, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Arch Dermatol 145:889-93. 2009..Opportunistic infections have been reported in 15% to 21% of patients with inflammatory myositis. However, to our knowledge, no data are available regarding the incidence, risk factors, and severity of herpesvirus infections...
- Prognostic value of blood eosinophilia in primary cutaneous T-cell lymphomasEmmanuelle Tancrede-Bohin
Department of Dermatology 2, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Arch Dermatol 140:1057-61. 2004..To investigate the prognostic value of initial characteristics including blood eosinophilia in patients with primary cutaneous T-cell lymphoma...
- Infliximab for severe hidradenitis suppurativa: transient clinical efficacy in 7 consecutive patientsLaurence Fardet
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:624-8. 2007..In the study presented here, we assessed the safety and efficacy of infliximab in a series of patients with severe HS...
- Factors associated with underlying malignancy in a retrospective cohort of 121 patients with dermatomyositisLaurence Fardet
Universite Paris 7, Diderot, Paris
Medicine (Baltimore) 88:91-7. 2009..33; 95% CI, 0.14-0.80). Taken together, these data may help physicians focus on a group of patients who might benefit from extensive evaluation for malignancy...
- Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus viremia is associated with the progression of classic and endemic Kaposi's sarcomaClaire Pellet
Laboratory of Pharmacology, INSERM U716, Saint-Louis Hospital, Paris, France
J Invest Dermatol 126:621-7. 2006..Our results show that there is no specific immunosuppression in classic or endemic KS. We showed that KSHV can be detected within CECs and that KSHV viremia could be an indicator of circulating mature or precursor spindle cells...
- Global assessment of psoriasis severity and change from photographs: a valid and consistent methodDavid Farhi
INSERM, U669, Paris, France
J Invest Dermatol 128:2198-203. 2008..The intrinsic limitations of photographic assessment of individual characteristics such as plaque thickness and their effect on global photographic assessment should be further evaluated...
- A meta-analysis to assess the efficacy of oral antiviral treatment to prevent genital herpes outbreaksBénédicte Lebrun-Vignes
Department of Pharmacology, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Am Acad Dermatol 57:238-46. 2007..Efficacy of oral antiviral therapies, ie, acyclovir, valacyclovir (VACV), and famciclovir, for suppression of recurrent genital herpes was studied at different doses and regimens...
- Arsenic trioxide induces apoptosis of cutaneous T cell lymphoma cells: evidence for a partially caspase-independent pathway and potentiation by ascorbic acid (vitamin C)Laurence Michel
Skin Research Institute, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U532, Department of Dermatology, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
J Invest Dermatol 121:881-93. 2003....
- Factors influencing breast cancer-related lymphedema volume after intensive decongestive physiotherapyStephane Vignes
Department of Lymphology, hôpital Cognacq Jay, 15, rue Eugène Millon, 75015, Paris, France
Support Care Cancer 19:935-40. 2011..Lymphedema treatment is based on an intensive decongestive physiotherapy phase of volume reduction followed by a long-term maintenance phase. Factors influencing the morbid lymphedema volume increase during maintenance were analyzed...
- Treatment of cutaneous sarcoidosis with thalidomideYen Thi Nguyen
Dermatology Department, Hospital Saint Louis, Paris, France
J Am Acad Dermatol 50:235-41. 2004..Although systemic corticosteroids are effective against cutaneous sarcoidosis, alternative therapies are needed...
- Analysis of HLA antigen expression in benign and malignant melanocytic lesions reveals that upregulation of HLA-G expression correlates with malignant transformation, high inflammatory infiltration and HLA-A1 genotypeEl Cherif Ibrahim
CEA, Service de Recherches en Hemato Immunologie, DSV DRM, Hopital Saint Louis, Institut d Hematologie, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 108:243-50. 2004..These findings may provide new insights in the comprehension of tumor progression and design of therapeutic approaches aimed at enhancing antitumor immune responses in melanoma patients...
- Facial hypertrichosis induced by Cetuximab, an anti-EGFR monoclonal antibodyDelphine Kerob
Arch Dermatol 142:1656-7. 2006
- Long-term management of breast cancer-related lymphedema after intensive decongestive physiotherapyStephane Vignes
Department of Lymphology, hôpital Cognacq Jay, Site Broussais, 102 rue Didot, 75014 Paris, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 101:285-90. 2007..Treatment of lymphedema is based on intensive decongestive physiotherapy followed by a long-term maintenance treatment. We analyzed the factors influencing lymphedema volume during maintenance treatment...
- Structure based design of 4-(3-aminomethylphenyl)piperidinyl-1-amides: novel, potent, selective, and orally bioavailable inhibitors of betaII tryptaseJulian Levell
Drug Innovation and Approval, Aventis Pharmaceuticals, 1041 Route 202 206, Mail Stop N 103A, Bridgewater, NJ 08807 6800, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 13:2859-72. 2005..X-ray structure driven template modification and exchange of the benzamidine to optimize potency and pharmacokinetic properties gave selective, potent and orally bioavailable 4-(3-aminomethyl phenyl)piperidinyl-1-amides...
- Treatment of refractory pemphigus vulgaris with rituximab (anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody)Alain Dupuy
Institut de Recherche sur la Peau, , and Service de Dermatologie 2, Laboratoire d'Immunologie, , France
Arch Dermatol 140:91-6. 2004..CONCLUSION: These patients' response suggests that rituximab may be a valuable treatment for refractory PV and warrants further studies to evaluate the risk-benefit ratio in patients with PV showing resistance to classic therapy...
- Predictive factors of response to intensive decongestive physiotherapy in upper limb lymphedema after breast cancer treatment: a cohort studyStephane Vignes
Department of Lymphology, hôpital Cognacq Jay, Universite Paris, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 98:1-6. 2006..Response to treatment remains unknown prior treatment. We purposed to analyze predictors of response of lymphedema treatment throughout the first course of physiotherapy...