- Binding, activation and dissociation of the dimeric SecA ATPase at the dimeric SecYEG translocaseFranck Duong
Laboratoire Transports et Signalisations Cellulaires, CNRS UMR 8619, Université de Paris XI, Batiment 430, Orsay 91405, France
EMBO J 22:4375-84. 2003..The nucleotides and translocation-dependent changes of SecA-SecYEG associations and the SecA dimeric state may reflect important facets of the preprotein translocation reaction...
- The SecYEG preprotein translocation channel is a conformationally dynamic and dimeric structurePascal Bessonneau
Laboratoire Transports et Signalisations Cellulaires, IBBMC CNRS UMR 8619, Université de Paris XI, Batiment 430, Orsay 91405, France
EMBO J 21:995-1003. 2002..These results provide direct evidence that preproteins cross the bacterial membrane, associated with a translocation channel formed by a dimer of SecYEG...
- Break on through to the other side--the Sec transloconJerry Eichler
Department of Life Sciences, Ben Gurion University, PO Box 653, Beersheva 84105 Israel
Trends Biochem Sci 29:221-3. 2004
- The bacterial protein-translocation complex: SecYEG dimers associate with one or two SecA moleculesChristos Tziatzios
Institute für Biophysik, JWG Universität, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Mol Biol 340:513-24. 2004..The observed variability in the stoichiometry of SecYEG and SecA association and its nucleotide modulation may be important and necessary for the protein translocation reaction...
- Investigating the SecY plug movement at the SecYEG translocation channelPatrick C K Tam
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Life Sciences Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
EMBO J 24:3380-8. 2005..We propose that oligomerization may result in SecYEG cooperative interactions important to prime the translocon function...
- Deregulation of the SecYEG translocation channel upon removal of the plug domainAntoine P Maillard
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Life Sciences Institute, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T1Z3, Canada
J Biol Chem 282:1281-7. 2007..We propose that the plug contributes to the gating mechanism of the channel by maintaining the structure of the SecYEG complex in a compact closed state...
- Nanodiscs unravel the interaction between the SecYEG channel and its cytosolic partner SecAMeriem Alami
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Life Sciences Institute, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, British Columbia, Canada
EMBO J 26:1995-2004. 2007..Altogether, the results define the fundamental contribution of the SecYEG protomer in the translocation subreactions and illustrate the power of nanoscale lipid bilayers in analyzing the dynamics occurring at the membrane...
- Cell biology: fraternal twinsFranck Duong
Nature 446:741-3. 2007
- Structure and function of the bacterial Sec transloconVicki A M Gold
Department of Biochemistry, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Mol Membr Biol 24:387-94. 2007..This review will draw on genetic, biochemical and structural findings in an account of our current understanding of this mechanism...