Genomes and Genes
- [Bariatric and plastic surgery in obese adolescents: an alternative treatment]Beatrice Dubern
Nutrition et gastroentérologie pédiatriques, Hopital Armand Trousseau, AP HP, 26, avenue du Dr Arnold Netter, 75012 Paris, France Inserm UMRS U872 Eq 7 nutriomique, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris 6, institut de cardiométabolisme et nutrition ICAN, 75005 Paris, France Electronic address
Arch Pediatr 21:639-45. 2014..Thus, the care of adipo- or gynecomastia, abdominal fat excess, and concealed penis is essential and therefore justifies cosmetic surgery. ..
- Leptin and leptin receptor-related monogenic obesityBeatrice Dubern
Institute of Cardiometabolism and Nutrition ICAN, INSERM UMRS U872 Eq7 Nutriomique, University Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Cordelier Research Center, Paris, France
Biochimie 94:2111-5. 2012..Thus, LEPR gene screening might be also considered in subjects with the association of severe obesity with endocrine dysfunctions such as hypogonadism and with leptin related to corpulence level...
- [Childhood obesity and sleep breathing disorders]B Dubern
Service de nutrition pédiatrique, Hopital Armand Trousseau, 26, avenue du Dr Arnold Netter, 75012 Paris, France
Arch Pediatr 18:1247-50. 2011..It confirms that it is crucial to evaluate sleep for all obese children with questionnaire in order to improve their management and their quality of life...
- Genome wide association study identifies KCNMA1 contributing to human obesityHong Jiao
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, SE 141 83 Huddinge, Sweden
BMC Med Genomics 4:51. 2011..Thus many genetic variants controlling obesity remain to be identified. The aim of this study was to use GWA followed by multiple stepwise validations to identify additional genes associated with obesity...
- [Genetic aspects of obesity]Beatrice Dubern
Service de gastro entérologie et de nutrition pédiatriques, Hopital Armand Trousseau, AP HP, Paris
Presse Med 36:1598-605. 2007..Most human obesity nonetheless results from the interaction of multiple genetic factors and the environment. Molecules acting on the melanocortin pathway are currently under development by the pharmaceutical industry...
- [Management of childhood obesity]Beatrice Dubern
Hopital Armand Trousseau, Service de gastroentérologie et nutrition pédiatriques, 26, avenue du Dr Arnold Netter, 75012 Paris, France
Presse Med 39:960-8. 2010..Weight loss surgery in obese children may be discussed in some cases with multidisciplinary expert team (doctors, surgeons, psychologist...) and close collaboration between adults teams and paediatricians...
- Influence of polymorphisms in candidate genes on early vascular alterations in obese childrenAgnès Tounian
Département de gastro entérologie et nutrition pédiatriques, Hopital Armand Trousseau, AP HP, 26, avenue du Dr A Netter, 75012 Paris, France
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 103:10-8. 2010..To date, no study has assessed the co-involvement of gene polymorphisms as cardiovascular risk factors in children...
- Arterial alterations in severely obese children with obstructive sleep apnoeaBeatrice Dubern
Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Department, Armand Trousseau Hospital, AP HP, Paris, France
Int J Pediatr Obes 5:230-6. 2010..Vascular alterations exist in children with obesity and may constitute the first stage in the development of adulthood cardiovascular disease...
- Association of arterial stiffness and endothelial dysfunction with metabolic syndrome in obese childrenEmmanuelle Mimoun
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Armand Trousseau Hospital, AP HP, and INSERM, U872 Nutriomique, University Pierre and Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
J Pediatr 153:65-70. 2008..We investigated whether metabolic syndrome, defined in 3 different ways (2 commonly used and 1 novel) is associated with arterial alterations in obese children...
- Insulin resistance and ferritin as major determinants of abnormal serum aminotransferase in severely obese childrenBeatrice Dubern
Pierre et Marie Curie University Paris 6, Paris, France
Int J Pediatr Obes 1:77-82. 2006..The aim was to determine the prevalence of liver enzyme abnormalities in severely obese children and to look for relationships between fat mass distribution, insulin resistance, and plasma ferritin...
- Unexpected endocrine features and normal pigmentation in a young adult patient carrying a novel homozygous mutation in the POMC geneKarine Clement
Center of Research on Human Nutrition Ile de France, Paris, 75013, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:4955-62. 2008..Mutations that inactivate the POMC gene have been described in children, causing a pleiotropic syndrome that includes secondary hypocortisolism, severe obesity, and variable changes in skin and hair pigmentation...
- Lymphoproliferative disorders in patients receiving thiopurines for inflammatory bowel disease: a prospective observational cohort studyLaurent Beaugerie
Department of Gastroenterology, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, Paris, France
Lancet 374:1617-25. 2009..Reports of an increased risk of lymphoproliferative disorders in patients receiving thiopurines for inflammatory bowel disease are controversial. We assessed this risk in a prospective observational cohort study...
- Plasma citrulline concentration reflects enterocyte mass in children with short bowel syndromeCéline Bailly-Botuha
Gastroentérologie et Nutrition Pédiatriques, Hopital Armand Trousseau, APHP, Paris 75012, France
Pediatr Res 65:559-63. 2009..Our findings constitute the first evidence that serial plasma citrulline assays help to monitor residual small bowel adaptation in children...
- Intractable diarrhea with tufting enteropathy: a favorable outcome is possibleJulie Lemale
Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, APHP, Hopital Armand Trousseau, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 52:734-9. 2011..A few patients have had a more favorable outcome. The objective of this study was to evaluate possible correlations between histological lesion severity in duodenal biopsies and clinical outcomes in children with TE...
- Therapeutic strategies for idiopathic chylothoraxRalph Epaud
Hopital Armand Trousseau, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
J Pediatr Surg 43:461-5. 2008..The objectives of the study were to present our institutional experience of idiopathic chylothorax in children and to propose therapeutic strategies...
- Pulmonary and hepatic nodular lesions precede the diagnosis of Crohn's disease in an 8-year-old girl: a case study and review of the literatureEloïse Pain-Prado
Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal de Creteil, Service de Pediatrie, France
Acta Paediatr 101:e86-9. 2012..To describe a novel clinical observation and to provide a review the literature about lung involvement in children with Crohn disease (CD)...
- Homozygous null mutation of the melanocortin-4 receptor and severe early-onset obesityBeatrice Dubern
INSERM UMRS U872 Eq 7 Nutriomique, Paris, France
J Pediatr 150:613-7, 617.e1. 2007..To describe the clinical and biological phenotype of a child who is severely obese and is homozygous for a new melanocortin-4 receptor (MC4R) gene mutation leading to a truncated receptor...
- Pulmonary function and sleep-related breathing disorders in severely obese childrenBeatrice Dubern
Armand Trousseau Teaching Hospital, Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, avenue du Dr Arnold Netter, Paris, France
Clin Nutr 25:803-9. 2006..To evaluate the frequency of pulmonary function and sleep-breathing disorders in severely obese children and to search for their association with obesity phenotypes...