- Epidemiology of acne
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
Dermatology 206:7-10. 2003
- In vitro modulation of TLR-2, CD1d and IL-10 by adapalene on normal human skin and acne inflammatory lesions
Department of Dermatology, CHU, Nantes, France
Exp Dermatol 16:500-6. 2007
..The decreased expression of TLR-2 by the keratinocytes can contribute to explain the anti-inflammatory activity of adapalene observed in clinical practice...
- Combined 0.1% retinaldehyde/ 6% glycolic acid cream in prophylaxis and treatment of acne scarring
A Sygros Hospital, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Dermatology 214:260-7. 2007
..Acne often results in permanent, badly tolerated, difficult to treat scars...
- Gluten intolerance and skin diseases
Department of Dermatology, University of Franche Comte, CHU Saint Jacques, 25030 Besancon, France
Eur J Dermatol 16:4-11. 2006
..Intestinal biopsy is usually needed to establish the diagnosis of CD or GI. Thus, gluten intolerance gives rise to a variety of dermatological manifestations which may benefit from a gluten-free diet...
- Effect of zinc gluconate on propionibacterium acnes resistance to erythromycin in patients with inflammatory acne: in vitro and in vivo study
Department of Dermatology, CHU Nantes, 44035 Nantes Cedex 01, France
Eur J Dermatol 15:152-5. 2005
..Thus, association of zinc salts via a systemic route and topical erythromycin treatment seems an interesting option in the light of an increasing number of patients carrying erythromycin resistant Propionibacterium acnes strains...
- Acne: physical treatment
Department of Dermatology, Nantes, France
Clin Dermatol 22:429-33. 2004
..Different physical treatments may be used in acne therapy. The main indications are for treating retentional lesions (open and comedones), inflamed lesions, and scars...
- Topical antibacterial therapy for acne vulgaris
Department of Dermatology, Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
Drugs 64:2389-97. 2004
..Topical and oral antibacterials should not be used in combination for the treatment of acne vulgaris, since this association may increase the risk of bacterial resistance...
- The Cardiff Acne Disability Index: cultural and linguistic validation in French
Department of Dermatology Hôtel Dieu, Nantes, France
Dermatology 208:104-8. 2004
..The Cardiff Acne Disability Index (CADI) evaluates the impact of acne on the patient's life...
- Management of acne: a report from a Global Alliance to Improve Outcomes in Acne
American Academy of Dermatology, Inc
J Am Acad Dermatol 49:S1-37. 2003
- Acne: evolution of the clinical practice and therapeutic management of acne between 1996 and 2000
Acne Research and Study Group GREA, Dermatology Department, Nantes University Hospital Center, Place Alexis Ricordeau, France
Eur J Dermatol 13:166-70. 2003
..The profile of acne patients evolved slightly between 1996 and 2000 and interestingly the treatments were modified to take into account the information in the literature such as bacterial resistance or severe side effects...