- Paradoxical effect of aspirinChristian Doutremepuich
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Université Bordeaux Segalen, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Thrombosis 2012:676237. 2012..The absence of COX 2 induced a hemorrhagic effect that needs further research, probably originated in compensatory phenomena...
- Thrombotic events associated to aspirin therapyChristian Doutremepuich
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Universite Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Thrombosis 2012:247363. 2012..This review is the first report in which the effects of a wide range of ASA concentration on a microvessel model of laser-induced thrombus formation and Induced Hemorrhagic Time in animals were largely studied...
- Beneficial effect of ultra-low-dose aspirin in platelet activity alterations and haemorrhage observed in experimental portal hypertensionF X Eizayaga
Laboratoire d Hematologie, UFR des Sciences Pharmaceutiques, Universite de Bordeaux 2, Victor Segalen, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Thrombosis 2012:430460. 2012..The possible beneficial role of these doses of aspirin and mechanism of COX 2 inhibition are discussed...
- Aspirin discontinuation syndromes: clinical implications of basic research studiesChristian Doutremepuich
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Université Bordeaux Segalen, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 13:377-84. 2013..This effect in the rat may be reproduced 1 hour after a single injection of ultra-low-dose aspirin. Caution is therefore required regarding the possibility of drug discontinuation effects within the framework of drug safety evaluation. ..
- Paradoxical thrombotic effects of aspirin: experimental study on 1000 animalsChristian Doutremepuich
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Cardiovasc Hematol Disord Drug Targets 10:103-10. 2010..Previous studies reported that high dilutions of aspirin might cause a pro-thrombotic effect. This paper studies the effect of the lower end of the aspirin dose-response curve, its possible mechanism and clinical implications...
- Reverse effect of aspirin: is the prothrombotic effect after aspirin discontinuation mediated by cyclooxygenase 2 inhibition?Christian Doutremepuich
Laboratoire d Hematologie, UFR des Sciences Pharmaceutiques, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 36:40-4. 2007..While aspirin is the drug most often used to prevent cardiovascular complications, its discontinuation induces an increased risk of acute coronary syndrome and ischemic stroke in some patients...
- Aspirin therapy: an attempt to explain the events of prothrombotic complications after treatment discontinuationChristian Doutremepuich
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33 076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Thromb Haemost 103:171-80. 2010..COX 2 inhibition produced by residual ASA is the probable cause of ischaemic accidents and drug-eluting stents thrombosis a few days after ASA withdrawal...
- Prothrombotic and hemorrhagic effects of aspirinOmar Aguejouf
Laboratoire d Hématologie Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 15:523-8. 2009..In conclusion, the prothrombotic effects described in recent observational studies are likely produced by a direct effect of aspirin, whose putative mechanism involving COX 2 inhibition remains poorly understood...
- Modifications produced by selective inhibitors of cyclooxygenase and ultra low dose aspirin on platelet activity in portal hypertensionFrancisco X Eizayaga
Universidad Maimónides, Buenos Aires, Argentina
World J Gastroenterol 13:5065-70. 2007....
- Modifications produced by indomethacin and L-NAME in the effect of ultralow-dose aspirin on platelet activity in portal hypertensionFrancisco X Eizayaga
Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Maimónides, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 35:357-63. 2006..The simultaneous administration of indomethacin and ULDA could inhibit its beneficial effect on bleeding in rats with PHT...
- Platelet aggregation in portal hypertension and its modification by ultra-low doses of aspirinFrancisco X Eizayaga
Catedra de Fisiopatologia, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 34:29-34. 2005..These changes were reverted by one injection of ASA at ULD. This observation could be of importance for primary prevention or the treatment of recurrence in upper digestive tract hemorrhage in portal hypertensive patients...