- Optimal dose, efficacy, and safety of once-daily sublingual immunotherapy with a 5-grass pollen tablet for seasonal allergic rhinitisAlain Didier
Department of Pneumology, Larrey Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 120:1338-45. 2007..Sublingual immunotherapy is well tolerated and data suggest its effectiveness for the treatment of allergic rhinitis in adults, but it lacks optimum dose definition...
- [The development of sublingual desensitization]Alain Didier
Clinique des Voies Respiratoires, Hopital Larrey, CHU de Toulouse, 31059 Toulouse
Rev Prat 55:1334. 2005
- Sustained 3-year efficacy of pre- and coseasonal 5-grass-pollen sublingual immunotherapy tablets in patients with grass pollen-induced rhinoconjunctivitisAlain Didier
Rangueil Larrey Hospital, Respiratory Diseases Department, Toulouse, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 128:559-66. 2011..Seasonal allergic rhinoconjunctivitis affects millions of persons. The efficacy of allergen sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) was demonstrated in previous short-term studies...
- [Therapeutic management of asthma]Alain Didier
Clinique des Voies Respiratoires, Hopital Larrey, CHU de Toulouse, 31059 Toulouse
Rev Prat 55:1327-8, 1330-3, 1335-6 passim. 2005..Beside treatment of chronic asthma, acute asthma remains a potential emergency that needs to be rapidly identified and treated, following strict rules of clinical management...
- [Sport and atopy]A Didier
Service de Pneumologie et d Allergologie, CHR Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Rev Mal Respir 20:727-34. 2003..The atopic diseases, asthma, allergic rhinitis and atopic dermatitis, are common in children, adolescents and young adults. They may have important consequences on physical exercise, especially asthma...
- [Complementary tests in respiratory allergy]A Didier
Service de Pneumologie et d Allergologie, CHR de Rangueil, 31403 Toulouse
Rev Pneumol Clin 59:101-7. 2003..The purpose of this review is to present the different complementary tests useful in respiratory allergy defining the contribution of each test in the management of patients with allergic disease...
- Alternative processing of the U2 small nuclear RNA produces a 19-22nt fragment with relevance for the detection of non-small cell lung cancer in human serumJulien Mazieres
Service de Pneumologie, Hopital Larrey, CHU de Toulouse, Universite de Toulouse III, Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
PLoS ONE 8:e60134. 2013..These data suggest that RNU2-1 is a new bi-functional ncRNA that produces a 19-22nt fragment which may be useful in detecting lung cancer non-invasively in high risk patients...
- Limited operation for severe multisegmental bilateral bronchiectasisJulien Mazieres
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, Rangueil Hospital, University of Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Ann Thorac Surg 75:382-7. 2003..In our institution, limited operation has been offered to select patients for this indication. We report our data regarding the feasibility and utility of such a procedure...
- Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the lung: pathological study and clinical outcome of 18 resected casesJulien Mazieres
Service de Pneumologie, Hopital Rangueil, 31403 Toulouse Cedex, France
Lung Cancer 37:287-92. 2002..This way of relapse underlies the necessity of an efficient chemotherapy in order to improve survival...
- Diagnostic performance of complete lower limb venous ultrasound in patients with clinically suspected acute pulmonary embolismAntoine Elias
Department of Vascular Medicine, Rangueil University Hospital Centre, 1 Avenue Jean Poulhés 31403, Toulouse cedex 04, France
Thromb Haemost 91:187-95. 2004..Complete US results also compared favourably with those of HCT and DD. The utility of including this method in diagnostic strategies for PE needs to be assessed in cost-effectiveness analysis and in outcome studies...
- Diagnostic management of pulmonary embolism using clinical assessment, plasma D-dimer assay, complete lower limb venous ultrasound and helical computed tomography of pulmonary arteries. A multicentre clinical outcome studyAntoine Elias
Department of Vascular Medicine, Rangueil University Hospital Centre, Toulouse, France
Thromb Haemost 93:982-8. 2005..6% [95% confidence interval: 0.1-3.4]. No patient died from VTE or had major bleeding. Using clinical probability, ELISA D-dimer and complete US before helical CT is a safe strategy resulting in a substantial reduction in CT scans...
- Endovascular treatment of aberrant systemic arterial supply to normal basilar segments of the right lower lobe: case report and review of the literatureValerie Chabbert
Department of Radiology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Hopital de Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 25:212-5. 2002..A contrast-enhanced CT scan 4 months later demonstrated complete occlusion of the embolized aberrant artery. Our case represents an alternative treatment to surgery for this rare abnormality...
- [Prospective evaluation of the method of measurement of the peak nasal inspiratory flow (PNIF) in allergic rhinitis. Observational study "Pratic in ORL"]E Serrano
Hopital Larrey, Service ORL, 31059 Toulouse 9, France
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 128:173-7. 2007..To establish the ENT specialists's interest for the nasal obstruction measurement by the Peak Nasal Inspiratory Flow (PNIF) for the primary care medical management of patients with allergic rhinitis...
- [General practice management of obstructive sleep apnea in the Midi-Pyrénées]S Pontier
Service de Pneumologie et Allergologie, Clinique des Voies Respiratoires, Hopital Larrey, Toulouse, France
Rev Mal Respir 24:289-97. 2007..Obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome (OSAS) is a significant public health problem. In the French care system general practitioners have an important role to play in its management especially in the field of early diagnosis...
- [Allergic rhinitis]E Serrano
Service ORL et Chirurgie Cervico Faciale, Hopital de Rangueil, Toulouse
Rev Prat 50:1537-41. 2000..Surgical techniques should be reserved to patients who resist to medical treatment or to correct nasal architectural abnormality...
- [Nodular bronchioloalveolar carcinoma at early stage]J Mazieres
Service de Pneumologie, CHR Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Rev Mal Respir 20:61-7. 2003..The clinical, pathological and radiological features of 16 consecutive resected cases of early BAC (stage IA) were reviewed...
- [Prognosis of asthmatic adolescents in adulthood]F Rance
Pneumologie Allergologie, Hopital des Enfants, 330 avenue de Grande Bretagne, 31026 Toulouse
Rev Mal Respir 17:1089-93. 2000..The factors predictive of persistent asthma in adulthood were severe asthma at the age of 13 years, female gender, onset of asthma before the age of 7 years, no periodic rhinitis, and exercise induced asthma...
- Thymoma and solid-organ transplantationNicolas Guibert
Pulmonology Department, Rangueil Larrey University Hospital, Toulouse, France
Lung Cancer 77:232-4. 2012..We suggest that viruses may induce neoplasms in this specific population, as observed in post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorders. However, Epstein-Barr-encoded RNA (EBER) was negative in both patients...
- [Allergic disease treatments: classic and innovative therapeutics]Laurent Tetu
Clinique des Voies Respiratoires, CHU de Toulouse, Hopital Larrey, TSA 30030, 31059 Toulouse
Rev Prat 57:1339-48. 2007....
- [Allergic rhinitis in children]J Percodani
Service d'ORL, CHR Rangueil, 31403 Toulouse, France
Arch Pediatr 9:843-53. 2002....
- Diagnostic value of bronchoscopy, CT and transbronchial biopsies in diffuse pulmonary lymphangiomatosis: case report and review of the literatureL El Hajj
Department of Radiology, University of Toulouse, avenue Jean Poulhes, 31403 Toulouse, France
Clin Radiol 60:921-5. 2005..The diagnosis can be made by transbronchial biopsy without performing open lung biopsy which was, until now, considered necessary for diagnosis...
- Mild asthma: an expert review on epidemiology, clinical characteristics and treatment recommendationsD Dusser
Department of Pneumology, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
Allergy 62:591-604. 2007..As mild asthma is the most frequent form of the disease, diagnosis and management require physicians' particular attention...
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension and benfluorex: 5 case reportsEmmanuelle Bondon-Guitton
Universite de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Therapie 66:135-8. 2011..All cases are women, exposed to benfluorex during at least 3 years. In most of cases, benfluorex was used off-licence, for overweight...
- Characteristics of lung cancer in women: importance of hormonal and growth factorsIsabelle Rouquette
Service d Anatomopathologie, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Lung Cancer 76:280-5. 2012..The differential expression of specific biomarkers, which could be targeted by therapy, favors the development of gender-based treatment guided by biomarker expression...
- Mediastinal teratoma and trichoptysisNicolas Guibert
Department of Pneumology, Toulouse University Hospital, Toulouse, France
Ann Thorac Surg 92:351-3. 2011..Only eight cases of trichoptysis are reported, none of them involved a mediastinal localization. We present the endoscopic and radiologic presentation, its surgical management, and histologic particularities...
- Immediate- and delayed-type allergic reactions to amide local anesthetics: clinical features and skin testingRegis Fuzier
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Medicale et Clinique, Unité de Pharmacoépidémiologie EA3696, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Toulouse, Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 18:595-601. 2009..Among them, allergic reactions are considered rare. The aim of this study was to describe the main characteristics of ADRs induced by amide type local anesthetic drugs...
- Adenoid cystic carcinoma of the lung: interest of 18FDG PET/CT in the management of an atypical presentationMarion Campistron
Service de Pneumologie Allergologie, Clinique des Voies Respiratoires, Hopital Larrey, chemin de Pouvourville, 31059 Toulouse Cedex, France
Lung Cancer 59:133-6. 2008..The specificity of the liver 18FDG uptake was confirmed by Glut-1 positive immunostaining. We propose that 18FDG PET-CT should be considered in the initial staging of lung ACC in selected patients...
- [Are there specific treatments for allergic asthma?]A Didier
Clinique des Voies Respiratoires, CHU de Toulouse, Hopital Larrey, Toulouse
Rev Mal Respir 24:7S41-51. 2007
- [Radiofrequency ablation of primary lung cancer: a single centre experience]N Leveque
Service de Pneumologie, Clinique des Voies Respiratoires, Hopital Larrey, CHU de Toulouse, France
Rev Mal Respir 26:924-9. 2009..This procedure is already used in liver and renal cancers and metastases, and is now being evaluated in primary and secondary lung tumors...
- Future developments in sublingual immunotherapyA Didier
Service de Pneumologie et d'Allergologie, , Toulouse, France
Allergy 61:29-31. 2006....
- [Stenting for superior vena cava obstruction associated with lung cancer: monocentric study]M C Pierre
Service de Pneumologie Allergologie, Clinique des Voies Respiratoires, Hopital Larrey, Toulouse, France
Rev Mal Respir 26:744-50. 2009..Superior vena cava obstruction is an urgent complication of lung cancer. Superior vena cava stent insertion can be considered to provide rapid relief of the symptoms...
- [Exacerbations of COPD: An audit of emergency department practice in France]O Diez
, , Toulouse, France
Rev Mal Respir 23:49-57. 2006....
- [Acute bronchial constriction in a non-asthmatic patient provoked by Airbag(R) activation]J Mazieres
Service de Pneumologie, CHR Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Rev Mal Respir 19:537-8. 2002
- [Lung function tests in refractory asthma]Gilles Garcia
Service des explorations fonctionnelles multidisciplinaires, AP HP, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Universite Paris Sud, F 92140 Clamart, France
Presse Med 37:143-54. 2008....
- Vicilin allergens of peanut and tree nuts (walnut, hazelnut and cashew nut) share structurally related IgE-binding epitopesAnnick Barre
Surfaces Cellulaires et Signalisation chez les Végétaux, UMR CNRS 5546, Pole de Biotechnologie Vegetale, 24 Chemin de Borde Rouge, 31326 Castanet Tolosan, France
Mol Immunol 45:1231-40. 2008..Owing to this epitopic community which constitutes a risk of cross-sensitization, the avoidance or a restricted consumption of other tree nuts should be recommended to peanut-sensitized individuals...
- Effectiveness of omalizumab (Xolair) in the first patients treated in real-life practice in FranceMathieu Molimard
INSERM, Unité 657, IFR 99, Universite Victor Segalen, Departement de Pharmacologie, CHU de Bordeaux, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Respir Med 102:71-6. 2008..To describe omalizumab (Xolair) effectiveness in the first patients treated on compassionate grounds before its commercialisation in France...
- How reliable is the structural prediction of IgE-binding epitopes of allergens? The case study of plant lipid transfer proteinsJean Philippe Borges
UMR CNRS 5546, Pole de Biotechnologie Vegetale, 24 Chemin de Borde Rouge, 31326 Castanet Tolosan, France
Biochimie 89:83-91. 2007..Despite some discrepancies, a fairly good prediction resulted in applying our combination of predictive methods to longer nsLTP or plant profilins...
- Lipid transfer proteins from Rosaceae fruits share consensus epitopes responsible for their IgE-binding cross-reactivityJean Philippe Borges
Surfaces Cellulaires et Signalisation chez les Végétaux, UMR Université Paul Sabatier CNRS 5546, 24 Chemin de Borde Rouge, 31326 Castanet Tolosan, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 365:685-90. 2008..However, the IgE-binding cross-reactivity due to fruit lipid transfer protein has varying degrees of clinical relevance and this cross-reactivity is not necessarily accompanied by a cross-allergenicity to the corresponding fruits...