- Issues for clinical drug development in neurodegenerative diseasesMichel Dib
Service de Neurologie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Drugs 65:2463-79. 2005....
- [What are the etiological medical therapies in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis?]M Dib
Fédération des Maladies du Système Nerveux, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, 75651 Paris Cedex 13
Rev Neurol (Paris) 162:4S215-4S219. 2006..Different new methods, as the cellular therapy are in development, and represent a real hope for the future...
- Biomarkers in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: facts and future horizonsPierre Francois Pradat
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Fédération des Maladies du Système Nerveux, Centre référent maladie rare SLA, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Mol Diagn Ther 13:115-25. 2009..This article provides an overview of recently described biologic and radiologic markers of the disease...
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: progress and prospects for treatmentMichel Dib
Laboratoire Aventis, Paris, France
Drugs 63:289-310. 2003..For this reason, surrogate markers that can be used for rapid screening in patients of potential treatments identified in the transgenic mice are urgently needed...
- Annual rate and predictors of conversion to dementia in subjects presenting mild cognitive impairment criteria defined according to a population-based studyHelene Amieva
INSERM Unit 593, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 18:87-93. 2004..Among the variables considered, the Letter Cancellation Test proved to be a major predictor of short-term conversion to dementia...
- Neuroprotective effect of riluzole in acute noise-induced hearing lossJérôme Ruel
Inserm U 583 et Université Montpellier 1 Hôpital Saint Eloi, 34090 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Neuroreport 16:1087-90. 2005....
- Can malondialdehyde be used as a biological marker of progression in neurodegenerative disease?Michel Dib
Laboratoire Aventis, 46, quai de la Râpée, 75601 Paris Cedex 12, France
J Neurol 249:367-74. 2002..This will allow a clearer picture to emerge as to whether malondialdehyde can be considered as a marker for the evolution of these diseases...
- Riluzole in Huntington's disease: a 3-year, randomized controlled studyG Bernhard Landwehrmeyer
Department of Neurology, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Ann Neurol 62:262-72. 2007..We conducted a randomized double-blind trial of riluzole in Huntington's disease to investigate the efficacy of this antiexcitotoxic drug in slowing disease progression...
- Mutations of the ANG gene in French patients with sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosisAgathe Paubel
INSERM U930, Université François Rabelais Tours, CHRU de Tours, Faculte de Medecine, 10 boulevard Tonnelle, BP3223, 37032 Tours Cedex, France
Arch Neurol 65:1333-6. 2008..However, the cellular and molecular mechanisms that link ANG, a multidomain protein, to ALS are still unknown...
- Glutamate levels in cerebrospinal fluid in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a reappraisal using a new HPLC method with coulometric detection in a large cohort of patientsOdile Spreux-Varoquaux
, , Le Chesnay, France
J Neurol Sci 193:73-8. 2002..It remains to be determined if the group of patients with high CSF glutamate concentrations represents a specific subgroup of patients in terms of mechanism of disease, or only in terms of the spatial extent of motor neuron insult...