- Couple-oriented prenatal HIV counseling for HIV primary prevention: an acceptability studyJoanna Orne-Gliemann
Institut de Santé Publique Epidémiologie Développement ISPED, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
BMC Public Health 10:197. 2010....
- Beneficial effects of offering prenatal HIV counselling and testing on developing a HIV preventive attitude among couples. Abidjan, 2002-2005Annabel Desgrées-du-Lou
UMR 151, IRD, Marseille, France
AIDS Behav 13:348-55. 2009..Spousal communication was related to more frequent male partner HIV-testing and condom use. Prenatal HIV counselling and testing proposal appears to be an efficient tool to sensitize women and their partner to safer sexual practices...
- [Refusal of prenatal HIV-testing: a case study in Abidjan (Côte d'Ivoire)]Annabel Desgrées du Lou
IRD, UMR 151, 37, rue d Amsterdam, 75008 Paris, France
Sante 17:133-41. 2007..Finally, our results confirm the importance of the role of the regular partner in the acceptance of HIV testing, and reinforce the relevance of a couple-centred approach to voluntary counselling and testing...
- Couple-centred testing and counselling for HIV serodiscordant heterosexual couples in sub-Saharan AfricaAnnabel Desgrées-du-Lou
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Centre Population Développement CEPED, Paris, France
Reprod Health Matters 16:151-61. 2008..In order to stimulate and strengthen HIV prevention efforts, increased attention is required to promote prevention and testing and counselling for couples in stable relationships...
- From prenatal HIV testing of the mother to prevention of sexual HIV transmission within the coupleAnnabel Desgrées-du-Lou
IRD, CEPED, UMR Université Paris Descartes INED IRD, 221 Boulevard Davout, 75020, Paris, France
Soc Sci Med 69:892-9. 2009..But sexual prevention in a conjugal context remains difficult and need to be specifically addressed...
- When do HIV-infected women disclose their HIV status to their male partner and why? A study in a PMTCT programme, AbidjanHermann Brou
Laboratoire Population Environnement Développement, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Nogent sur Marne, France
PLoS Med 4:e342. 2007..We investigate, among women tested for HIV within a prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV (PMTCT) programme, the key moments for disclosure of their own HIV status to their partner and the impact on partner HIV testing...
- Resumption of sexual relations following childbirth: norms, practices and reproductive health issues in Abidjan, Côte d'IvoireAnnabel Desgrées-du-Lou
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Laboratoire Population Environnement Développement IRD LPED, Centre Population Développement, Nogent sur Marne, France
Reprod Health Matters 13:155-63. 2005..The duration of post-partum abstinence is in fact unclear because irregular sex may happen early and become regular only later. Women need post-partum information and services that address these issues...