François Denis Desgorces
- Ageing and endurance training effects on quantity and quality of pulmonary vascular bed in healthy menGhanima Al Dandachi
AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Service de Physiologie Clinique de la Dyspnée, 75015 Paris, France
Respir Res 15:8. 2014....
- No effect of weight cycling on the post-career BMI of weight class elite athletesLaurie Anne Marquet
Institut de Recherche Biomedicale et d Epidemiologie du Sport IRMES, INSEP, 11, Avenue du Tremblay, 75012, Paris, France
BMC Public Health 13:510. 2013..The aim of the present study is to identify the long term post-career (22 years) evolutionary profile of athletes' BMI after such weight cycling...
- Similar slow down in running speed progression in species under human pressureF D Desgorces
Institut de Recherche bioMédicale et d Epidémiologie du Sport, INSEP, Paris, France
J Evol Biol 25:1792-9. 2012..Although speed progression in dogs and horses on one side and humans on the other has not been affected by the same genetic/environmental balance of forces, it is likely that further progress will be extremely limited...
- Methods to quantify intermittent exercisesFrançois Denis Desgorces
Unité de Formation et de Recherche en Sciences et Techniques des Activités Physiques et Sportives UFR STAPS, 1 rue Lacretelle, Universite Paris 5, 75015 Paris, France
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 32:762-9. 2007..As opposed to the latter two methods, WER can quantify varied intermittent exercises and makes it possible to compare the athletes' TL. Furthermore, WER can also assist in comparing athlete responses to training programs...
- Local muscular endurance and prediction of 1 repetition maximum for bench in 4 athletic populationsFrançois D Desgorces
Paris Descartes University, Institute for Biomedical Research and Sports Epidemiology, Paris, France
J Strength Cond Res 24:394-400. 2010....
- From Oxford to Hawaii ecophysiological barriers limit human progression in ten sport monumentsFrançois Denis Desgorces
IRMES, Institut de Recherche Médicale et d Epidémiologie du Sport, INSEP, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 3:e3653. 2008..Human progression in outdoor sports tends to asymptotic limits depending on physiological and environmental parameters and may temporarily benefit from further technological progresses...
- Quantifying continuous exercise using the ratio of work completed to endurance limit associated with exercise-induced delayed-onset muscle sorenessFrançois Denis Desgorces
Unité de Formation et de Recherche en Sciences et Techniques des Activités Physiques et Sportives, Universite Paris 5, France
Percept Mot Skills 106:104-12. 2008....
- Success and decline: top 10 tennis players follow a biphasic courseMarion Guillaume
Institute for Biomedical and Epidemiological Research in Sport, Paris, France
Med Sci Sports Exerc 43:2148-54. 2011..The victory percentages for tennis players who entered the top 10 women and men rankings show various evolutions related to age and time since 1968...
- Athlete atypicity on the edge of human achievement: performances stagnate after the last peak, in 1988Geoffroy Berthelot
IRMES, INSEP, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e8800. 2010..No atypicity trend is detected in swimming. The upcoming rarefaction of new records in sport may be delayed by technological innovations, themselves depending upon economical constraints...
- Training state improves the relationship between rating of perceived exertion and relative exercise volume during resistance exercisesMarc Testa
Sport Sciences Faculty, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
J Strength Cond Res 26:2990-6. 2012..8 and 14.4% of actual relative volume). Coaches should consider the RPE resulting from high exercise-induced physical strain to estimate the actual relative volume and to estimate the individual MNR at a given load...