- Access to antiretroviral drugs and AIDS management in SenegalAlice Desclaux
Laboratoire d Ecologie Humaine et d Anthropologie, University of Aix Marseille, France
AIDS 17:S95-101. 2003..Description and analysis of the Senegalese Antiretroviral Drug Access Initiative (ISAARV), the first governmental highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) treatment programme in Africa, launched in 1998...
- Counseling and choosing between infant-feeding options: overall limits and local interpretations by health care providers and women living with HIV in resource-poor countries (Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon)Alice Desclaux
Institut de Recherche pour le Développement UMR 145, BP 1386, Dakar, Senegal
Soc Sci Med 69:821-9. 2009..Beyond structural constraints that hinder the adoption of preventive infant feeding patterns, addressing these issues may help improve counseling practices...
- Adherence to HAART and its principal determinants in a cohort of Senegalese adultsIsabelle Lanièce
French Cooperation and National AIDS Program, Dakar, Senegal
AIDS 17:S103-8. 2003..In Senegal, a national initiative was launched in 1998. The capacity of African patients to adhere to complex antiretroviral treatments (ARV) is largely unknown...
- [What if the HIV/AIDS pandemic were an opportunity to improve the relevance of breastfeeding promotion programs in Africa?]Alice Desclaux
Laboratoire d Ecologie Humaine et d Anthropologie, Universite d Aix Marseille, 38, avenue de l Europe, 13090 Aix en Provence, France
Sante 12:73-5. 2002..These new goals mean that breastfeeding promotion programs will have to develop complementary strategies with an emphasis on care, coordinated with other vertical programs such as AIDS and malnutrition programs...
- Stakeholders' participation in operational research on HIV care: insights from Burkina FasoAlice Desclaux
Institut de Recherche pour le Développement UMR 145, Université Paul Cézanne d Aix Marseille CReCSS, Centre de Recherche Cultures Santé Sociétés, Dakar, Senegal
AIDS 24:S79-85. 2010..There may, in addition, be an optimal level of stakeholders' participation, both in terms of the numbers and composition of the group, beyond which disadvantages become apparent...
- Barriers to better care for people with AIDS in developing countriesAndrew S Furber
Public Health GIS Unit, School for Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S1 4DA
BMJ 329:1281-3. 2004
- A 84-month follow up of adherence to HAART in a cohort of adult Senegalese patientsJean Francois Etard
UMR 145 HIV AIDS and Associated Diseases, Research Institute for Development IRD University of Montpellier, 911 Avenue Agropolis, 34394 Montpellier Cedex 1, France
Trop Med Int Health 12:1191-8. 2007..To assess long-term adherence of the first HIV-1 patients receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) in Senegal, and to identify the main determinants of adherence...
- Alternative medicines for AIDS in resource-poor settings: insights from exploratory anthropological studies in Asia and AfricaAnita Hardon
Amsterdam School for Social Science Research, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Ethnobiol Ethnomed 4:16. 2008....
- [Having a child in the HIV/AIDS infection context: medical discourse and social links]Alice Desclaux
CReCSS, Université Paul Cézanne d Aix Marseille, MMSH, Aix en Provence
Med Sci (Paris) 24:53-61. 2008