- Role of superantigenic strains in the prognosis of community-acquired methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus bacteraemiaA Desachy
Dupuytren Teaching Hospital, Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Limoges, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:1131-3. 2007..Fourteen patients had septic shock, and the mortality rate in this subgroup was 56%. Twenty-seven (73%) isolates produced at least one superantigenic toxin, but this did not influence the rate of occurrence of septic shock or death...
- Initial efficacy and tolerability of early enteral nutrition with immediate or gradual introduction in intubated patientsArnaud Desachy
Service de Reanimation Polyvalente, Centre Hospitalier d Angoulême, Saint Michel, France
Intensive Care Med 34:1054-9. 2008..To compare the initial (D7) calorie intake and tolerability of two early enteral nutrition protocols in which the optimal flow rate was introduced either immediately or gradually...
- 12-h pretreatment with methylprednisolone versus placebo for prevention of postextubation laryngeal oedema: a randomised double-blind trialBruno Francois
Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Dupuytren Teaching Hospital, Limoges, France
Lancet 369:1083-9. 2007..We aimed to test our hypothesis that methylprednisolone started 12 h before a planned extubation could prevent postextubation laryngeal oedema...
- Effect of not monitoring residual gastric volume on risk of ventilator-associated pneumonia in adults receiving mechanical ventilation and early enteral feeding: a randomized controlled trialJean Reignier
Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit, District Hospital Center, La Roche Sur Yon, France
JAMA 309:249-56. 2013..Monitoring of residual gastric volume is recommended to prevent ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) in patients receiving early enteral nutrition. However, studies have challenged the reliability and effectiveness of this measure...
- Accuracy of bedside glucometry in critically ill patients: influence of clinical characteristics and perfusion indexArnaud Desachy
Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Centre Hospitalier General, Angouleme, France
Mayo Clin Proc 83:400-5. 2008..To determine the accuracy of bedside glucose strip assay on capillary blood and on whole blood and to identify factors predictive of discrepancies with the laboratory method...
- Complications of tracheostomy performed in the ICU: subthyroid tracheostomy vs surgical cricothyroidotomyBruno Francois
Intensive Care Unit, Dupuytren Teaching Hospital, Limoges, France
Chest 123:151-8. 2003..Accordingly, the aim of this prospective study was to determine the incidence and severity of complications associated with subthyroid tracheostomy and cricothyroidotomy when performed in the ICU...