- Postpartum maternal mortality and cesarean deliveryCatherine Deneux-Tharaux
INSERM, Unite Mixte de Recherche S149, Institut Federatif de Recherche 69, Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal and Women s Health, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Obstet Gynecol 108:541-8. 2006..Our objective was to provide a valid estimate of the risk of postpartum maternal death directly associated with cesarean as compared with vaginal delivery...
- Oxytocin during labour and risk of severe postpartum haemorrhage: a population-based, cohort-nested case-control studyJérémie Belghiti
INSERM U953 Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal Health and Women s and Children s Health, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
BMJ Open 1:e000514. 2011..Conclusions Oxytocin during labour appears to be an independent risk factor for severe PPH. The results emphasise the need for guidelines clarifying the evidence-based indications for this procedure and the minimal useful regimens...
- [Prevention and early management of immediate postpartum haemorrhage: policies in six perinatal networks in France]C Deneux-Tharaux
Recherches épidémiologiques en santé périnatale et santé des femmes, INSERM U149, IFR 69, bâtiment recherche, Hopital Tenon, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, 4, rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 37:237-45. 2008..The survey was part of the Euphrates European project, and was conducted in France in 2003 before national recommendations for clinical practice related to PPH were launched...
- Policies for manual removal of placenta at vaginal delivery: variations in timing within EuropeC Deneux-Tharaux
INSERM, UMR S149, IFR 69, UPMC, Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal Health and Women s health, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
BJOG 116:119-24. 2009..A randomised controlled trial is needed to provide definitive evidence on the risks and benefits of manual removal of placenta at different timings after vaginal delivery...
- Transfusion practices in postpartum hemorrhage: a population-based studyMarie Pierre Bonnet
INSERM, UMR S953, Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal Health and Women s and Children s Health, Port Royal Maternity Unit, Cochin Teaching Hospital, Paris, France
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 92:404-13. 2013..To describe transfusion practices and anemia in women with postpartum hemorrhage (PPH), according to the clinical context...
- PACCRETA: clinical situations at high risk of placenta ACCRETA/percreta: impact of diagnostic methods and management on maternal morbidityGilles Kayem
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hospital Louis Mourier, University Hospitals Paris Nord Val de Seine HUPNVS, Assistance Publique Paris Hospitals APHP, Paris Diderot University, Paris, France
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 92:476-82. 2013..Moreover, the technical resources necessary for the safest delivery of women at risk have not been clearly identified...
- Underreporting of pregnancy-related mortality in the United States and EuropeCatherine Deneux-Tharaux
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Medicale U 149, Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal and Women s Health, Paris, France
Obstet Gynecol 106:684-92. 2005..Our objective was to uniformly measure underreporting of mortality from pregnancy in official statistics from selected regions within the U.S. and Europe, and to provide comparable revised profiles of pregnancy-related mortality...
- Induction of labor and risk of postpartum hemorrhage in low risk parturientsImane Khireddine
INSERM U953 Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal Health and Women s and Children s Health, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e54858. 2013..Our objective was to assess the association between induction of labor and postpartum hemorrhage (PPH) in low-risk parturients, globally and according to its indications and methods...
- Manual rotation to decrease operative delivery in posterior or transverse positionsCamille Le Ray
Maternite Port Royal, University Paris Descartes, DHU Risk in Pregnancy, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Cochin Broca Hotel Dieu Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, and INSERM U953 exU149, Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal Health and Women s and Children Health, Pierre et Marie Curie University, Paris, and CHU de Caen, Service de gynécologie obstétrique et médecine de le reproduction, Caen, and Université Caen, UFR Medecine, Caen, France
Obstet Gynecol 122:634-40. 2013..To assess the effect of a policy of manual rotation on the mode of delivery of fetuses in posterior or transverse positions at full dilatation...
- Postpartum haemorrhage in Canada and France: a population-based comparisonMarie Pierre Bonnet
INSERM, U953, Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal Health and Women s and Children s Health, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e66882. 2013..Maternal mortality ratio due to postpartum haemorrhage (PPH) is higher in France than in Canada. We explored this difference by comparing PPH features between these two countries...
- Hospital discharge data can be used for monitoring procedures and intensive care related to severe maternal morbidityAnne A Chantry
INSERM, UMR S953, Epidemiological Research on Perinatal Health and Women s and Children s Health, F 75020, Paris, France
J Clin Epidemiol 64:1014-22. 2011..To estimate the accuracy and reliability of the reporting of diagnoses and procedures related to severe acute maternal morbidity in French hospital discharge data...
- Prostaglandin E2 analogue sulprostone for treatment of atonic postpartum hemorrhageThomas Schmitz
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Robert Debre, AP HP, the Université Paris Diderot, INSERM U953 Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal Health and Women s and Children s Health, and the Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Obstet Gynecol 118:257-65. 2011..Our objective was to estimate whether sulprostone was appropriately used and how it was tolerated in women with atonic postpartum hemorrhage...
- Critical care and transfusion management in maternal deaths from postpartum haemorrhageMarie Pierre Bonnet
INSERM, UMR S953, Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal Health and Women s and Children s Health, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 158:183-8. 2011..The aim of this study was to describe critical care management, particularly transfusion practices, in cases of maternal deaths from PPH...
- Effect of routine controlled cord traction as part of the active management of the third stage of labour on postpartum haemorrhage: multicentre randomised controlled trial (TRACOR)Catherine Deneux-Tharaux
INSERM U953, Epidemiologic Research in Perinatal, Women s, and Children s Health, Pierre et Marie Curie University, Paris, France
BMJ 346:f1541. 2013..To assess the impact of controlled cord traction on the incidence of postpartum haemorrhage and other characteristics of the third stage of labour in a high resource setting...
- Postpartum hemorrhage resulting from uterine atony after vaginal delivery: factors associated with severityMarine Driessen
INSERM U953 Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal Health and Women s and Children s Health, UPMC Paris, Paris, France
Obstet Gynecol 117:21-31. 2011..To identify factors associated with severity of postpartum hemorrhage among characteristics of women and their delivery, the components of initial postpartum hemorrhage management, and the organizational characteristics of maternity units...
- Pregnancy-related deaths in four regions of Europe and the United States in 1999-2000: characterisation of unreported deathsMika Gissler
STAKES National Research and Development Centre for Welfare and Health, Information Division, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 133:179-85. 2007....