- Cognitive remediation: a promising tool for the treatment of schizophreniaCaroline Demily
Universite Lyon 1, Centre Hospitalier le Vinatier and Centre de Neuroscience Cognitive CNRS UMR 5229, 67 Blvd Pinel 69675 Bron cedex, France
Expert Rev Neurother 8:1029-36. 2008..A preliminary study has also demonstrated the effectiveness of board games in improving cognitive functioning, which seems to be a highly promising therapeutic avenue owing to its ease of use...
- [How to differentiate schizophrenia from bipolar disorder using cognitive assessment?]C Demily
Service hospitalo universitaire de psychiatrie 69G12, Centre Hospitalier Le Vinatier, 69500 Bron, France
Encephale 35:139-45. 2009..These data are not completely in contradiction with Kraepelin: schizophrenia is a chronic affection and bipolar disorder is a cyclic pathology. However, common symptoms are not in favour of a strict categorization...
- [Iatrogenic psychiatric-like symptoms recognition]C Demily
Centre de neuroscience cognitive CNRS UMR 5229 et Université Lyon 1, Bron, France
Encephale 36:417-24. 2010..To achieve optimal antipsychotic treatment, it is important to distinguish psychiatric symptoms associated with drug-induced movement disorder(s) (DIMD) or supersensitivity psychosis from true relapse...
- Specific vs general cognitive remediation for executive functioning in schizophrenia: a multicenter randomized trialNicolas Franck
Service Universitaire de Réhabilitation, CH Le Vinatier, Bron, France
Schizophr Res 147:68-74. 2013..This study assesses the benefits of an individualized therapy (RECOS program) compared with the more general cognitive remediation therapy (CRT)...
- Recognition of self-generated facial emotions is impaired in schizophreniaCaroline Demily
Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, UMR 5229 CNRS and Université Lyon 1, Bron, France
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 23:189-93. 2011..With respect to the comparison subjects, the patients produced less expressive responses and were less able to recognize their own expressions. Moreover, patients were totally unaware of these impairments...
- Treatment of cognitive dysfunction in schizophreniaJoseph Peuskens
Department of Psychiatry, University Center St Jozef, Kortenberg, Belgium
Clin Ther 27:S25-37. 2005..However, it is only recently that cognitive dysfunction has been recognized as a primary and enduring core deficit in schizophrenia (rather than the previous focus on positive and negative symptoms)...
- ZDHHC8 single nucleotide polymorphism rs175174 is not associated with psychiatric features of the 22q11 deletion syndrome or schizophreniaCaroline Demily
Psychiatr Genet 17:311-2. 2007
- Gabapentin for ultra resistant schizophrenia with aggressive behaviorCaroline Demily
Schizophr Res 100:349-50. 2008