- What role does socio-economic position play in the link between functional limitations and self-rated health: France vs. USA?Cyrille Delpierre
Inserm UMR558, Toulouse, France
Eur J Public Health 22:317-21. 2012..Our objective was to analyse the influence of education on the link between functional limitation (FL) and self-rated health (SRH) in two countries, France and the USA...
- SRH and HrQOL: does social position impact differently on their link with health status?Cyrille Delpierre
Inserm UMR1027, Toulouse, France
BMC Public Health 12:19. 2012..Our objective is to assess the influence of SEP on the relationship between physical health status and subjective health status, measured by SRH and HRQoL using the SF-36 scale...
- Unemployment as a risk factor for AIDS and death for HIV-infected patients in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyC Delpierre
Harvard School of Public Health, Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Landmark Center, 401 Park Drive, Boston MA, USA
Sex Transm Infect 84:183-6. 2008..To assess the association between social situation and disease progression among patients diagnosed with HIV infection since the advent of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART), taking late testing into account...
- Characteristics trends, mortality and morbidity in persons newly diagnosed HIV positive during the last decade: the profile of new HIV diagnosed peopleC Delpierre
INSERM U558, IFR126, Toulouse, F 31073, France
Eur J Public Health 18:345-7. 2008..This population is mainly diagnosed late with major consequences on morbidity and mortality...
- High-Risk groups for late diagnosis of HIV infection: a need for rethinking testing policy in the general populationCyrille Delpierre
INSERM U558, Toulouse, F 31073 France
AIDS Patient Care STDS 20:838-47. 2006..It seems necessary to improve HIV testing policy in the heterosexual population...
- Impact of HIV infection on total body composition in treatment-naive men evaluated by dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry comparison of 90 untreated HIV-infected men to 241 controlsC Delpierre
Unit of Infectious and Tropical Disease, Purpan Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Clin Densitom 10:376-80. 2007..Those alterations may result from the catabolic effect of the chronic HIV infection...
- Impact of social position on the effect of cardiovascular risk factors on self-rated healthCyrille Delpierre
Inserm UMR558, Toulouse, France
Am J Public Health 99:1278-84. 2009..We assessed the impact of education level on the association between self-rated health and cardiovascular risk factors (blood pressure, glycosylated hemoglobin level, and total cholesterol and triglyceride levels)...
- Longitudinal study of body composition of 101 HIV men with lipodystrophy: dual-energy X-ray criteria for lipodystrophy evolutionEmilie Degris
Unit of Pharmacy, Paule de Viguier Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Clin Densitom 13:237-44. 2010..No correlation was observed between lipodystrophy and total body bone mineral density. The loss of trunk fat mass without gain of lower limbs fat mass may indicate a worsening of HIV disease...
- Correlates of late HIV diagnosis: implications for testing policyCyrille Delpierre
INSERM U558, F31073, Toulouse, France
Int J STD AIDS 18:312-7. 2007..Among migrants, HIV testing with informed consent short after entry should be improved, especially towards individuals not in couple...
- Is perceived social distance between the patient and the general practitioner related to their disagreement on patient's health status?Anne Cécile Schieber
INSERM UMR 1027, Toulouse, F 31300, France
Patient Educ Couns 91:97-104. 2013..To ascertain whether disagreement between patients and general practitioners (GP) on the patient's health status varies according to their respective perceived social distance (PSD)...
- Effects of discontinuing stavudine or protease inhibitor therapy on human immunodeficiency virus-related fat redistribution evaluated by dual-energy x-ray absorptiometryNeda Tavassoli
Service de Pharmacologie Clinique, Cent re Midi Pyrénées de Pharmacovigilance, de Pharmacoepidemiologie et d Informations sur le Medicament, Faculte de Medecine, Hopitaux de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Pharmacotherapy 26:154-61. 2006..To determine whether discontinuation of stavudine or protease inhibitor therapy improves human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-related fat distribution in men...
- How long do physicians wait to start antiretroviral treatment in newly diagnosed HIV-infected patients?Lise Cuzin
Infectious and Tropical Diseases Unit, Purpan Hospital, Toulouse, France
HIV Clin Trials 12:339-42. 2011..With the aim to look for possible ways to reduce individual time from HIV diagnosis to low viraemia and reduced infectivity, we measured time between HIV diagnosis and treatment initiation in a large prospective cohort...
- Immunologic and clinical responses to highly active antiretroviral therapy in patients with HIV infection aged >50 yearsLise Cuzin
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
Clin Infect Dis 45:654-7. 2007..Late testing, which was more frequent in the older age group, was the only independent factor associated with immunologic and clinical evolution of infection. Age >50 years was associated with earlier treatment discontinuation...
- Do general practitioners overestimate the health of their patients with lower education?Michelle Kelly-Irving
INSERM Unité 1027, F 31300, Toulouse, France
Soc Sci Med 73:1416-21. 2011..This could potentially result in lack of advice and treatment for these patients and ultimately the maintenance of health inequalities...
- Routine testing to reduce late HIV diagnosis in FranceCyrille Delpierre
INSERM U558 F 31073, Toulouse, France
BMJ 334:1354-6. 2007
- Triple nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor- vs. nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-containing regimens as first-line therapy: efficacy and durability in a prospective cohort of French HIV-infected patientsL Cuzin
Centre for Care and Information in Human Immunodeficiency, Toulouse, France
HIV Med 6:388-95. 2005..Data on the efficacy of this triple nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI) combination compared with the gold-standard nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI) regimen could provide important information...
- Prospective studies of dietary alpha-linolenic acid intake and prostate cancer risk: a meta-analysisMarion Carayol
INSERM U, Toulouse, France
Cancer Causes Control 21:347-55. 2010..Our findings support a weak protective association between dietary ALA intake and prostate cancer risk but further research is needed to conclude on this question...
- [Experience of an adherence support for HIV-1 seropositive patients with failure under treatment]C Delpierre
Cisih de Midi Pyrénées, Hopital Purpan, 31059 Toulouse Cedex, France
Rev Med Interne 24:651-8. 2003..Therefore, the efficacy on viral load of these interventions has not been established in the HIV-1 positive population. The aim of our study was to assess the virological efficacy of this type of program in our institution...
- Linking hospital workers' organisational work environment to depressive symptoms: A mediating effect of effort-reward imbalance? The ORSOSA studyAnne Jolivet
INSERM, U558, Toulouse F 31300, France
Soc Sci Med 71:534-40. 2010..Organisational approaches may be more effective in improving mental health at work and may also have a longer-lasting impact than individual approaches...
- Trends in Kaposi's sarcoma survival disparities in the United States: 1980 through 2004Geetanjali D Datta
Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:2718-26. 2010..The aim of this study was to examine trends in KS survival by race from the beginning of the HIV epidemic through the introduction of HAART...
- A systematic review of computer-based patient record systems and quality of care: more randomized clinical trials or a broader approach?Cyrille Delpierre
Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Purpan, Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Toulouse, France
Int J Qual Health Care 16:407-16. 2004..To analyse the impact of computer-based patient record systems (CBPRS) on medical practice, quality of care, and user and patient satisfaction...
- Total body composition by DXA of 241 HIV-negative men and 162 HIV-infected men: proposal of reference values for defining lipodystrophyE Bonnet
Unit of Infectious and Tropical Disease, INSERM U 563, Purpan Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Clin Densitom 8:287-92. 2005..We defined FMR standard values from the largest group of HIV-negative men to our knowledge. Applying FMR to HIV patients could help physicians to diagnose lipodystrophy earlier...
- [Anti-retroviral treatment interruptions in HIV-infected adults: causes, clinical, immunological and virological consequences]A Sommet
Centre d information et de soins de l immunodéficience humaine de Midi Pyrénées, Hopital Purpan, 31059 cedex, Toulouse, France
Rev Med Interne 24:350-7. 2003..This retrospective study analyses causes as well as clinical, immunological and virological consequences of antiretroviral treatment interruptions (Ti) of more than 30 days in HIV-1 infected adults...
- Using self-rated health for analysing social inequalities in health: a risk for underestimating the gap between socioeconomic groups?C Delpierre
INSERM U, Toulouse, France
J Epidemiol Community Health 63:426-32. 2009..The aim of this study was to analyse the link between physical health status and SRH, according to level of education...