- Smoking and age-related macular degeneration. The POLA Study. Pathologies Oculaires Liées à l'AgeC Delcourt
INSERM U 500, National Institute of Health and Medical Research, Montpellier, France
Arch Ophthalmol 116:1031-5. 1998..To assess the associations between age-related macular degeneration (ARMD) and smoking...
- Age-related macular degeneration and antioxidant status in the POLA study. POLA Study Group. Pathologies Oculaires Liées à l'AgeC Delcourt
INSERM Unité 500, National Institute of Health and Medical Research, Montpellier, France
Arch Ophthalmol 117:1384-90. 1999..To give the levels of antioxidant nutrients in relation to age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- Light exposure and the risk of cortical, nuclear, and posterior subcapsular cataracts: the Pathologies Oculaires Liées à l'Age (POLA) studyC Delcourt
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Montpellier, France
Arch Ophthalmol 118:385-92. 2000..Exposure to light may be an important risk factor for the development of cataracts...
- Associations of cardiovascular disease and its risk factors with age-related macular degeneration: the POLA studyC Delcourt
INSERM Unité 500, Montpellier, 34093, France
Ophthalmic Epidemiol 8:237-49. 2001..14--2.02). None of these results were modified by further adjustments for smoking, educational level and plasma alpha-tocopherol. These results need to be confirmed by other studies, which ideally should be longitudinal and prospective...
- Relationships between physical activity, obesity and diabetes mellitus in a French elderly population: the POLA study. Pathologies Oculaires lieés á l' AgeR Defay
INSERM Unité 500, Montpellier, France
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:512-8. 2001..To analyse the relationships between body mass index, waist circumference, waist-to-hip ratio, physical activity and the risk of type 2 diabetes in a French elderly population...
- Light exposure and the risk of age-related macular degeneration: the Pathologies Oculaires Liées à l'Age (POLA) studyC Delcourt
INSERM Unité 500, 39 Avenue Charles Flahault, 34093 Montpellier, Cedex 5, France
Arch Ophthalmol 119:1463-8. 2001..We present the relationship between lifetime light exposure and ARMD as examined in the Pathologies Oculaires Liées à l'Age (POLA) study...
- Clinical classification of diabetes in tropical west AfricaL Papoz
INSERM, Epidemiology of Chronic Diseases and Ageing, Hôpital Saint Charles, Montpellier, France
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 39:219-27. 1998..This form of diabetes seems to be adequately controlled with oral hypoglycaemic drugs and/or diet in the year following diagnosis...
- Waist circumference adds to the variance in plasma C-reactive protein levels in elderly patients with metabolic syndromeA M Dupuy
Laboratoire de Biochimie, Hopital Lapeyronie, CHU de Montpellier, Montpellier, France
Gerontology 53:329-39. 2007..C-reactive protein (CRP), a nonspecific marker of the inflammatory status, is associated with cardiovascular disease risk factors and may be an important feature of the metabolic syndrome (MSX) in middle-aged subjects...