- Plasma lutein and zeaxanthin and other carotenoids as modifiable risk factors for age-related maculopathy and cataract: the POLA StudyCécile Delcourt
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Research Unit U593 for Epidemiology, Public Health and Development, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:2329-35. 2006..To assess the associations of plasma lutein and zeaxanthin and other carotenoids with the risk of age-related maculopathy (ARM) and cataract in the population-based Pathologies Oculaires Liées à l'Age (POLA) Study...
- Epidemiology of diabetic retinopathy: expected vs reported prevalence of cases in the French populationC Delcourt
INSERM, U897, ISPED, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Diabetes Metab 35:431-8. 2009..This review is an update of the published literature pertaining to the epidemiology of DR...
- Nutrition and age-related eye diseases: the Alienor (Antioxydants, Lipides Essentiels, Nutrition et maladies OculaiRes) StudyC Delcourt
INSERM U897, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
J Nutr Health Aging 14:854-61. 2010..Few epidemiological studies have been conducted in this field, particularly in Europe...
- Application of nutrigenomics in eye healthCécile Delcourt
INSERM, U593 Epidemiology, Public Health and Development, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Forum Nutr 60:168-75. 2007..Such potential interactions are presented...
- Associations of complement factor H and smoking with early age-related macular degeneration: the ALIENOR studyCécile Delcourt
INSERM, U897, Bordeaux, France
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:5955-62. 2011..To assess the associations of complement factor H (CFH) Y402H polymorphism and smoking with specific features of early AMD (type, location, and area)...
- Dietary fat and the risk of age-related maculopathy: the POLANUT studyC Delcourt
INSERM, Research Unit U593 for Epidemiology, Public Health and Development, Bordeaux, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 61:1341-4. 2007..Total and white fish intake was not significantly associated with ARM, but fatty fish intake (more than once a month versus less than once a month) was associated with a 60% reduction in risk for ARM (OR=0.42, P=0.01)...
- High concentrations of plasma n3 fatty acids are associated with decreased risk for late age-related macular degenerationBénédicte M J Merle
INSERM, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, Bordeaux, France
J Nutr 143:505-11. 2013....
- Dietary omega-3 fatty acids and the risk for age-related maculopathy: the Alienor StudyBénédicte Merle
INSERM U897, Bordeaux, France
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:6004-11. 2011..The authors report the associations of ARM with past dietary intakes in French elderly subjects...
- Long-term blood pressure and age-related macular degeneration: the ALIENOR studyAudrey Cougnard-Grégoire
Universite Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 54:1905-12. 2013..To explore the association of AMD with long-term average blood pressure (BP) parameters, including pulse pressure (PP)...
- Nutrient intake in an elderly population in southern France (POLANUT): deficiency in some vitamins, minerals and omega-3 PUFAIsabelle Carriere
INSERM, E361, Montpellier, F 34093, France
Int J Vitam Nutr Res 77:57-65. 2007..Evaluation of the nutritional status of an elderly cohort from a French Mediterranean area...
- Association of macular pigment density with plasma ω-3 fatty acids: the PIMAVOSA studyMarie Noelle Delyfer
University of Bordeaux Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:1204-10. 2012..To assess the correlation between macular pigment optical density and plasma levels of lutein, zeaxanthin, and fatty acids, especially omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs)...
- Biomarkers of inflammation and malnutrition associated with early death in healthy elderly peopleIsabelle Carriere
INSERM, U888, Montpellier, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:840-6. 2008..To determine whether malnutrition and biomarkers of inflammation predict all-cause, cancer, and cardiovascular mortality in healthy elderly subjects...
- The three-year incidence of age-related macular degeneration: the "Pathologies Oculaires Liées à l'Age" (POLA) prospective studyCécile Delcourt
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Research Unit U593 for Epidemiology, Public Health and Development, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Am J Ophthalmol 140:924-6. 2005..To assess the 3-year incidence of age-related macular degeneration (AMD) in a French population...
- Health and aging in elderly farmers: the AMI cohortKarine Pérès
INSERM, ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, Bordeaux F 33000, France
BMC Public Health 12:558. 2012..The general aim of the AMI cohort was to study health and aging in elderly farmers living in rural area through a multidisciplinary approach, with a main focus on dementia...
- Energy, macronutrient and fatty acid intake of French elderly community dwellers and association with socio-demographic characteristics: data from the Bordeaux sample of the Three-City StudyCatherine Feart
INSERM U593, Universite Bordeaux 2, France
Br J Nutr 98:1046-57. 2007..9 and decreased with higher educational level. The present results suggest that being female, older age, being widowed and low income level could be considered as risk factors of inadequate dietary intake...
- Low plasma eicosapentaenoic acid and depressive symptomatology are independent predictors of dementia riskCecilia Samieri
INSERM, U897, Equipe Epidémiologie de Nutrition et des Comportements Alimentaires, Bordeaux, France
Am J Clin Nutr 88:714-21. 2008..Plasma n-3 PUFAs have been shown to be inversely related to the risk of dementia and to depression, which is frequently associated with dementia...
- Retinal Vascular Caliber Is Associated with Cardiovascular Biomarkers of Oxidative Stress and Inflammation: The POLA StudyVincent Daien
INSERM, U1061, Montpellier, France Université Montpellier 1, U1061, Montpellier, France Department of Ophthalmology, Gui de Chauliac Hospital, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 8:e71089. 2013..The purpose of this study is to explore the relationship between retinal vascular calibers and biomarkers of oxidative stress and inflammation, in subjects free of cardiovascular pathology...
- Comparison of corneal thickness and curvature in myopic and keratoconic eyes of patients from French Caribbean Isles and continental FranceJean Christophe Joyaux
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Acta Ophthalmol 90:e529-33. 2012..To evaluate the corneal thickness and curvature of myopic and patients with keratoconus from two countries...
- Relationships between hormonal status and cataract in french postmenopausal women: the POLA studyRoselyne Defay
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Unité 500, Montpellier, France
Ann Epidemiol 13:638-44. 2003..Prevalence rate of cataract is higher in women than in men. Sex hormones have been hypothesized to be linked with this gender difference. Our aim is to study the relationships between hormonal status and cataract in postmenopausal women...
- Light exposure and the risk of cortical, nuclear, and posterior subcapsular cataracts: the Pathologies Oculaires Liées à l'Age (POLA) studyC Delcourt
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Montpellier, France
Arch Ophthalmol 118:385-92. 2000..Exposure to light may be an important risk factor for the development of cataracts...
- [Prevalence and description of treatment with intraocular pressure-lowering topical medications in continental France]C Delcourt
INSERM, Unité U593, Epidemiologie, Santé Publique et Développement, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
J Fr Ophtalmol 29:1098-106. 2006..Subjects were 40 years old and living in continental France. The second objective was to describe the type of therapy, compliance, and the quality of life of the subjects treated...