- Challenges and opportunities for oral pre-exposure prophylaxis in the prevention of HIV infection: where are we in Europe?Jean Michel Molina
INSERM U941, University of Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
BMC Med 11:186. 2013..Alternatives to a daily oral PrEP regimen are being explored. ..
- Comparison of resistance mutation patterns in historical plasma HIV RNA genotypes with those in current proviral HIV DNA genotypes among extensively treated patients with suppressed replicationC Delaugerre
Virology Department, Saint Louis Hospital APHP, INSERM U941 Paris 7 Diderot University, Paris, France
HIV Med 13:517-25. 2012..We examined whether genotyping based on cellular HIV-1 DNA during controlled viraemia identifies resistance mutations detected in plasma HIV-1 RNA during treatment with previous antiretroviral regimens...
- Impact of low-level-viremia on HIV-1 drug-resistance evolution among antiretroviral treated-patientsConstance Delaugerre
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hôpital Saint Louis APHP, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e36673. 2012..Our objective was to determine the emergence and evolution of DRAM during LLV in HIV-1-infected patients while receiving antiretroviral therapy (ART)...
- Time course of total HIV-1 DNA and 2-long-terminal repeat circles in patients with controlled plasma viremia switching to a raltegravir-containing regimenConstance Delaugerre
Virology Department, INSERM U941 Paris 7 Diderot University, Saint Louis Hospital APHP, Paris, France
AIDS 24:2391-5. 2010..In vitro, integrase inhibitors reduce proviral DNA levels and rapidly increase 2-long-terminal repeat (LTR) circle levels. We examined the effect of raltegravir on the time course of HIV-1 DNA forms in patients with controlled viremia...
- Factors predictive of successful darunavir/ritonavir-based therapy in highly antiretroviral-experienced HIV-1-infected patients (the DARWEST study)C Delaugerre
Department of Virology, Saint Louis Hospital APHP, 75010 Paris, France
J Clin Virol 47:248-52. 2010..Darunavir (DRV) is the latest protease inhibitor (PI) to be approved for antiretroviral-naive and -experienced HIV-infected patients...
- Perinatal acquisition of drug-resistant HIV-1 infection: mechanisms and long-term outcomeConstance Delaugerre
EA 3620 MRT, Descartes University, Paris, France
Retrovirology 6:85. 2009..Primary-HIV-1-infection in newborns that occurs under antiretroviral prophylaxis that is a high risk of drug-resistance acquisition. We examine the frequency and the mechanisms of resistance acquisition at the time of infection in newborns...
- Clinical and resistance consequences of misquantification of plasma and cerebrospinal fluid human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) RNA in samples from an HIV-1 subtype G-infected patientConstance Delaugerre
Department of Virology, Saint Louis Hospital, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 47:3763-4. 2009..We report a case of underquantification of HIV type 1 (HIV-1) RNA in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid from an HIV-1 subtype G-infected woman, leading to delayed diagnosis of HIV encephalitis and to the emergence of drug resistance...
- Protease inhibitor resistance analysis in the MONARK trial comparing first-line lopinavir-ritonavir monotherapy to lopinavir-ritonavir plus zidovudine and lamivudine triple therapyConstance Delaugerre
University Paris Descartes, EA 3620, Virology Department, Necker Hospital AP HP, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:2934-9. 2009..The mutation L76V may be considered in further studies of lopinavir resistance...
- Pattern and impact of emerging resistance mutations in treatment experienced patients failing darunavir-containing regimenConstance Delaugerre
Virology Department, Saint Louis Hospital APHP, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1809-13. 2008..Limited data are available on resistance pattern emerging in patients failing DRV/r and on subsequent remaining protease inhibitor options...
- National survey of the prevalence and conditions of selection of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase K70E mutationC Delaugerre
CHU Ambroise Pare, Boulogne, France
J Med Virol 80:762-5. 2008..In conclusion, the K70E mutation could be an alternative pathway of TDF resistance, but as the K65R mutation, other NRTI as ABC, ddI, and 3TC could be also associated with the K70E selection...
- [Genetic barrier to antiretroviral drug-resistance. Focus on raltegravir, the first integrase inhibitor]C Delaugerre
Universite Paris Diderot, Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
Med Mal Infect 40:S1-10. 2010....
- Re-occurrence of HIV-1 drug mutations after treatment re-initiation following interruption in patients with multiple treatment failureC Delaugerre
Department of Virology, , Paris, France
AIDS 15:2189-91. 2001..The outgrowth of residual wild-type virus seems not to be a true genetic reversion because drug mutations are detected rapidly at salvage therapy re-initiation...
- Thymidine analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitors resistance mutations profiles and association to other nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors resistance mutations observed in the context of virological failureAnne Genevieve Marcelin
Department of Virology, Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital and University Paris VI Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
J Med Virol 72:162-5. 2004....
- Resistance profiles observed in virological failures after 24 weeks of amprenavir/ritonavir containing regimen in protease inhibitor experienced patientsAnne Genevieve Marcelin
Department of Virology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
J Med Virol 74:16-20. 2004..There was no relation between the resistance pathways selected with either APV or ritonavir plasma minimal concentration, but higher APV plasma minimal concentration were associated with a lower rate of resistance mutations selection...
- Key amprenavir resistance mutations counteract dramatic efficacy of darunavir in highly experienced patientsConstance Delaugerre
Department of Virology, Ambroise Pare Hospital, APHP, Boulogne, France
AIDS 21:1210-3. 2007..These key amprenavir mutations were also selected at the time of failure, suggesting their impact on darunavir efficacy...
- Longitudinal analysis of integrase N155H variants in heavily treated patients failing raltegravir-based regimensH L Nguyen
Virology Department, Saint Louis Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, INSERM U941, Paris Diderot University, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
HIV Med 14:85-91. 2013....
- Resistance profile and cross-resistance of HIV-1 among patients failing a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-containing regimenC Delaugerre
Department of Virology, , , 75013 Paris, France
J Med Virol 65:445-8. 2001..The use of a thymidine analog concomitantly with nevirapine leads to the preferential selection of cross-resistance NNRTI mutations...
- Switch from enfuvirtide to raltegravir in virologically suppressed multidrug-resistant HIV-1-infected patients: a randomized open-label trialNathalie de Castro
Department of Infectious Diseases, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Saint Louis Hospital and University of Paris VII Denis Diderot, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 49:1259-67. 2009..We conducted a prospective, randomized, open-label trial to compare the antiviral efficacy and safety of a switch to raltegravir with the efficacy and safety of continuing enfuvirtide...
- Transmission of multidrug-resistant HIV-1: 5 years of immunological and virological surveyConstance Delaugerre
Department of Virology EA3620, Necker Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS 21:1365-7. 2007..In both cases, infection was caused by CCR5 viruses and no rapid clinical progression to AIDS after primary infection was observed...
- Virological and pharmacological factors associated with virological response to salvage therapy after an 8-week of treatment interruption in a context of very advanced HIV disease (GigHAART ANRS 097)Constance Delaugerre
Department of Virology, Pitié Salpetrière Hospital Paris, Paris, France
J Med Virol 77:345-50. 2005..These results suggest that pharmacological enhancement might overcome viral resistance and that there is some benefit in adding the activity of several boosted-PIs to improve the response to a salvage regimen...
- Comparison of the dynamics of resistance-associated mutations to nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors, nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors, and protease inhibitors after cessation of antiretroviral combination therapyMarc Wirden
Department of Virology, INSERM EMI 0214, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:644-7. 2004....
- Interruption of nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI) therapy for 2 months has no effect on levels of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 in plasma of patients harboring viruses with mutations associated with resistance to NNRTIsMarc Wirden
Department of Virology, Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital Department of Pharmacology, Bichat Hospital, Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 41:2713-5. 2003..These data suggest that these compounds have lost all of their in vivo antiviral activity in such cases...
- Low-rate emergence of thymidine analogue mutations and multi-drug resistance mutations in the HIV-1 reverse transcriptase gene in therapy-naive patients receiving stavudine plus lamivudine combination therapyM Mouroux
Department of Virology, , Paris, France
Antivir Ther 6:179-83. 2001..One hypothesis explaining these results could be the development of the M184V mutation...
- Factors associated with virological response to etravirine in nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-experienced HIV-1-infected patientsAnne Genevieve Marcelin
Department of Virology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 83 Boulevard de l hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:72-7. 2010..In conclusion, ETR was associated with high response rates in NNRTI-experienced patients in combination with other active drugs regardless of the therapeutic class used...
- Selection of a rare resistance profile in an HIV-1-infected patient exhibiting a failure to an antiretroviral regimen including tenofovir DFConstance Delaugerre
Department of Virology, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
J Clin Virol 32:241-4. 2005..The high selective pressure on the same resistance pathway was probably associated with the loss of antiviral potency, even in well-controlled patient...
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) Type 1 reverse transcriptase resistance mutations in hepatitis B virus (HBV)-HIV-coinfected patients treated for HBV chronic infection once daily with 10 milligrams of adefovir dipivoxil combined with lamivudineConstance Delaugerre
Department of Virology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1586-8. 2002....
- Prognostic factors for virological response in antiretroviral therapy-naive patients in the MONARK Trial randomized to ritonavir-boosted lopinavir alonePhilippe Flandre
INSERM U 943, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 14:93-7. 2009..The objective of this study was to determine prognostic factors of VR in patients receiving LPV/r monotherapy...
- Impact of stavudine phenotype and thymidine analogues mutations on viral response to stavudine plus lamivudine in ALTIS 2 ANRS trialVincent Calvez
Department of Virology and Infectious Diseases and Pitie Salpetrière Hospital, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 7:211-8. 2002....
- Increase of HIV-1 pro-viral DNA per million peripheral blood mononuclear cells in patients with advanced HIV disease (CD4<200 cells/mm3) receiving interleukin 2 combined with HAART versus HAART alone (ANRS-082 trial)Constance Delaugerre
Department of Virology EA2387, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 8:233-7. 2003..To assess the effect of interleukin (IL)-2 combined with highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) on HIV-1 pro-viral DNA quantification in HIV-1-infected patients with CD4<200/mm3...
- [HIV-1 drug resistance in French infected-children: from newborn to adolescent]C Delaugerre
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149, rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
Arch Pediatr 14:298-302. 2007..Consequences of long term therapeutic strategies in children are major...
- Impact of 48 week lopinavir/ritonavir monotherapy on blood cell-associated HIV-1-DNA in the MONARK trialVéronique Avettand-Fenoel
AP HP, Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:1005-7. 2010..To study the impact of protease inhibitor monotherapy on the HIV-1 blood reservoir in 72 antiretroviral-naive patients...
- Change to a once-daily combination including boosted atazanavir in HIV-1-infected childrenEugenia Macassa
Unité d Immunologie Hématologie Pédiatrique, Paris, France
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:809-14. 2006..Pediatric experience with atazanavir combined with antiretroviral drugs administered once daily is very limited...
- Predictive factors of virologic success in HIV-1-infected children treated with lopinavir/ritonavirConstance Delaugerre
Service de Virologie EA 3620, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 37:1269-75. 2004..In pretreated children, LPV plasma levels should be optimized in an attempt to achieve sufficient drug concentrations to overcome the resistance level...
- Clinically relevant interpretation of genotype and relationship to plasma drug concentrations for resistance to saquinavir-ritonavir in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 protease inhibitor-experienced patientsAnne Genevieve Marcelin
Department of Virology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:4687-92. 2004....
- Genotypic inhibitory quotient as predictor of virological response to ritonavir-amprenavir in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 protease inhibitor-experienced patientsAnne Genevieve Marcelin
Department of Virology, INSERM EMI 0214, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:594-600. 2003....
- Archived HIV-1 DNA resistance mutations to rilpivirine and etravirine in successfully treated HIV-1-infected individuals pre-exposed to efavirenz or nevirapineS Gallien
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hôpital Saint Louis APHP, Paris, France Inserm U941, Universite Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 70:562-5. 2015....
- Increasing prevalence of transmitted drug resistance mutations and non-B subtype circulation in antiretroviral-naive chronically HIV-infected patients from 2001 to 2006/2007 in FranceDiane Descamps
Laboratoire de Virologie, AP HP Groupe hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard and EA 4409 Université Paris Diderot Paris 7, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:2620-7. 2010..To estimate the prevalence of transmitted drug resistance mutations and non-B subtype circulation in antiretroviral-naive chronically HIV-1-infected patients in France...
- Persistence of multidrug-resistant HIV-1 without antiretroviral treatment 2 years after sexual transmissionConstance Delaugerre
Department of Virology EA2387 and Infectious Diseases, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 9:415-21. 2004..To understand the virological mechanisms of 2-year persistence of multidrug-resistant virus without selective antiretroviral pressure in HIV-1-infected patients...
- HIV-1 resistance to first- and second-generation non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitorsJade Ghosn
Universite Paris Descartes, EA MRT 3620, Laboratoire de Virologie, AP HP, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
AIDS Rev 11:165-73. 2009..The first data on rilpivirine resistance are encouraging, but still too preliminary...
- Age-related differences in the pharmacokinetics of stavudine in 272 children from birth to 16 years: a population analysisV Jullien
Université Paris Descartes Faculté de Médecine, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 64:105-9. 2007..To develop a population pharmacokinetic model for stavudine in children and to investigate the consistency of the currently recommended dose based on adult target concentrations...
- Lopinavir/ritonavir monotherapy or plus zidovudine and lamivudine in antiretroviral-naive HIV-infected patientsJean Francois Delfraissy
AP HP, Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Bicetre University Hospital, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
AIDS 22:385-93. 2008..Guidelines for the use of antiretroviral agents for HIV-1 infection recommend combining at least three agents. The toxicity, cost, and complexity of such regimens warrant the search for other options...
- HIV-1-infected patients from the French National Observatory experiencing virological failure while receiving enfuvirtideDiane Descamps
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Bichat Claude Bernard, Laboratoire de Virologie, Paris F 75018, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 62:451-5. 2008..We studied gp41 mutations associated with failing enfuvirtide salvage therapy...
- Stable frequency of HIV-1 transmitted drug resistance in patients at the time of primary infection over 1996-2006 in FranceMarie Laure Chaix
Université Paris Descartes EA 3620, AP HP, Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
AIDS 23:717-24. 2009....
- Repeated HIV-1 resistance genotyping external quality assessments improve virology laboratory performanceDiane Descamps
Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
J Med Virol 78:153-60. 2006..077). No errors were made by 19% of laboratories in 2002, compared to 42% in 2003. These results show the value of repeated external quality assessments...
- Population analysis of weight-, age-, and sex-related differences in the pharmacokinetics of lopinavir in children from birth to 18 yearsVincent Jullien
Service de Pharmacologie Clinique, Groupe Hospitalier Cochin Saint Vincent De Paul, 74 82 Avenue Denfert Rochereau, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:3548-55. 2006..The consequences of these pharmacokinetic discrepancies and the necessity to modify the currently recommended dosage regimen should be further investigated...
- Prevalence and risk factors associated with antiretroviral resistance in HIV-1-infected childrenConstance Delaugerre
Department of Virology, Necker Hospital, Paris, France
J Med Virol 79:1261-9. 2007..In conclusion, antiretroviral resistance is common among treated HIV-1-infected children and prevalence was similar with those observed in adult population in the same year period. However, adolescent boys seem to be at greater risk...
- Prevalence of HIV-1 drug resistance in treated patients: a French nationwide studyDominique Costagliola
INSERM, Unité Mixte de Recherche UMR S 720, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 46:12-8. 2007..Surveillance of HIV-1 drug resistance in antiretroviral-treated patients is important from the public health perspective of the spread of resistance and to evaluate the proportion of patients for whom new drugs are needed...
- [Therapeutic strategies for HIV infection: boost antiproteases in pediatrics]C Delaugerre
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, France
Med Mal Infect 34:S205-8. 2004
- [Male genital tract infection: the point of view of the virologist]M Leruez-Ville
Laboratoire de Virologie, université Paris Descartes EA MRT 3620, Faculté de Médecine AP HP, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149, rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 33:684-90. 2005..Recent advances in this field have allowed to offer Assisted reproductive techniques to couples with chronic viral infection, under strict and specific protocols. This paper presents an overview of these recent developments...
- Sexually transmitted hepatitis C virus superinfection in HIV/hepatitis C virus co-infected men who have sex with menJade Ghosn
AP HP, EA MRT 3620, Universite Paris Descartes, Department of Virology, Necker Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS 22:658-61. 2008..HCV serology and serum HCV RNA should be examined periodically in HIV-infected men who have sex with men engaging in high-risk sexual behaviours...
- Sensitivity of five rapid HIV tests on oral fluid or finger-stick whole blood: a real-time comparison in a healthcare settingJuliette Pavie
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Saint Louis, Universite Paris Diderot, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e11581. 2010..Several HIV rapid tests are now licensed in Europe but their sensitivity on total blood and/or oral fluid in routine healthcare settings is not known...
- Benefit of treatment interruption in HIV-infected patients with multiple therapeutic failures: a randomized controlled trial (ANRS 097)Christine Katlama
Département des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales INSERM E 0214, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
AIDS 18:217-26. 2004..Both highly potent antiretroviral drug rescue therapy and treatment interruption have been suggested to be effective in patients with multiple treatment failure...
- [Is HIV more and more resistant?]Marie Laure Chaix
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 75743 Paris 15
Rev Prat 54:471-4. 2004
- Interleukin 2 treatment does not modify hepatitis B or C replication in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients: results from a randomized control trialVincent Thibault
Hepatology 35:238-9. 2002