- N-3 long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids: a nutritional tool to prevent insulin resistance associated to type 2 diabetes and obesity?Jacques Delarue
EA 948 Oxylipides, Faculte de Medecine, 29200 Brest, France
Reprod Nutr Dev 44:289-99. 2004..These effects are encouraging in the perspective of prevention of insulin resistance but further clinical and basic studies must be designed to confirm and complete our knowledge in this field...
- Fish-oil supplementation reduces stimulation of plasma glucose fluxes during exercise in untrained malesJacques Delarue
Laboratoire Régional de Nutrition Humaine and EA 948, Médecine 4 Nutrition, CHU Cavale Blanche, F 29200 Brest, France
Br J Nutr 90:777-86. 2003..72) micromol/kg per min). It is concluded that fish oil reduced the Rd glucose by 26 % by reducing glucose metabolic clearance rate, possibly by facilitating fat oxidation, and reduced HGP by 21%, possibly by a feedback mechanism...
- Interaction of fish oil and a glucocorticoid on metabolic responses to an oral glucose load in healthy human subjectsJacques Delarue
Equipe d Accueil 948 Oxylipids, Laboratoire Régional de Nutrition Humanaine, Faculté de Médecine de Brest and CHU, F 29 200 Brest, France
Br J Nutr 95:267-72. 2006..Following fish oil supplementation, plasma glucose fluxes and substrate oxidation were maintained despite a 17 % reduction (P<0.05) in the area under the curve of plasma insulin response, suggesting an insulin-sensitizing effect...
- Free fatty acids and insulin resistanceJacques Delarue
Laboratoire Régional de Nutrition Humaine and EA 948, CHU de Brest et Université de Bretagne Occidentale, Brest, France
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 10:142-8. 2007..However, other mechanisms are now described to explain the molecular basis of insulin resistance...
- Fish oil attenuates adrenergic overactivity without altering glucose metabolism during an oral glucose load in haemodialysis patientsJacques Delarue
Laboratoire Régional de Nutrition Humaine and EA 948 Oxylipides, CHU Cavale Blanche, Brest, France
Br J Nutr 99:1041-7. 2008..These data show that in haemodialysis patients, fish oil attenuates adrenal overactivity induced by oral glucose but does not modulate whole-body glucose metabolism and insulin sensitivity...
- Long-chain n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids dissociate phosphorylation of Akt from phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase activity in ratsChristelle Le Foll
Equipe d Accueil Oxylipides, Faculte de Medecine, Brest, France
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E1223-30. 2007..The inability of LC n-3 PUFA to prevent insulin resistance by dexamethasone could result from the lack of such a dissociation...
- Adipose tissue compensates for defect of phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase induced in liver and muscle by dietary fish oil in fed ratsCharlotte Corporeau
Equipe d Accueil 948 Oxylipides, Faculte de Medecine, Brest Cedex 3, France
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 290:E78-E86. 2006..The maintenance of whole body glucose homeostasis suggests an important role of adipose tissue for control of glucose homeostasis...
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids inhibit PI3K activity in a yeast-based model systemElodie Couplan
INSERM U, Brest, France
Biotechnol J 4:1190-7. 2009..These results are particularly promising given the abundance of active PUFA in marine foodstuffs and especially fish oils...
- Interaction of low dose of fish oil and glucocorticoids on insulin sensitivity and lipolysis in healthy humans: A randomized controlled studyJacques Delarue
Department of Nutritional Sciences and Laboratory of Human Nutrition, University Hospital of Brest, Brest University, Brest, France
Mol Nutr Food Res 60:886-96. 2016..This study examined the interaction of fish oil (FO) with dexamethasone on glucose and lipid metabolisms in healthy subjects...
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy versus laparoscopic mini gastric bypass: One year outcomesGaby Kansou
Department of General, Digestive and Metabolic Surgery, La Cavale Blanche University Hospital, Boulevard Tanguy Prigent, 29200 Brest, France
Int J Surg 33:18-22. 2016..However, studies comparing LSG and LMGB are scarce...
- N-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids prevent the defect of insulin receptor signaling in muscleMohammed Taouis
Station de Recherches Avicoles, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique Centre de Tours, 37380 Nouzilly, France
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 282:E664-71. 2002..A high-fat diet (n-3) partially altered the expression of p85 but not that of GLUT-4 and leptin mRNAs in adipose tissue...
- Negative impact of hypocaloric feeding and energy balance on clinical outcome in ICU patientsStéphane Villet
Anesthésiologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois CHUV, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Nutr 24:502-9. 2005..Critically ill patients with complicated evolution are frequently hypermetabolic, catabolic, and at risk of underfeeding. The study aimed at assessing the relationship between energy balance and outcome in critically ill patients...