- [Social inequalities in health from observational studies to intervention: can the patient navigator reduce social inequalities in cancer patients?]O Dejardin
ERI3 Inserm Cancers et Populations, Faculté de Médecine de Caen, CHU de Caen, avenue de Côte de Nacre, 14032 Caen Cedex, France
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 59:45-51. 2011..The purpose of this work was to evaluate the potential contribution of an intervention tool called the "patient navigator", used in English-speaking countries and to determine its feasibility in France...
- Socioeconomic environment and cancer incidence: a French population-based study in NormandyJosephine Bryere
U1086 INSERM Cancers and Preventions, Avenue du General Harris, Caen 14076, France
BMC Cancer 14:87. 2014..The objective of the study was to quantify the cancer burden related to social deprivation by identifying the cancer sites linked to socioeconomic status and measuring the proportion of cases associated with social deprivation...
- For patients with breast cancer, geographic and social disparities are independent determinants of access to specialized surgeons. A eleven-year population-based multilevel analysisJulie Gentil
Côte d Or Breast and Gynaecological Cancers Registry, centre de lutte contre le cancer Georges François Leclerc, Dijon, France
BMC Cancer 12:351. 2012....
- Volume of surgical activity and lymph node evaluation for patients with colorectal cancer in FranceOlivier Dejardin
Cancers and Populations ERI3 INSERM, EA 3936 UCBN University of Caen, CHU de Caen, France
Dig Liver Dis 44:261-7. 2012..The aim of this specialised population-based study was to investigate the influence of clinical factors and volume of surgical activity on lymph node assessment in France for patients diagnosed with localised colorectal cancer...
- Socioeconomic and geographic determinants of survival of patients with digestive cancer in FranceO Dejardin
Cancers and Populations, ERI 3 INSERM, Faculty of Medicine, Avenue de la Côte de Nacre 14032 Caen Cedex, France
Br J Cancer 95:944-9. 2006....
- Access to care, socioeconomic deprivation and colon cancer survivalO Dejardin
Faculty of Medicine, Cancers and Populations ERI 3 INSERM, Caen Cedex, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 27:940-9. 2008..The influence of socioeconomic environment on cancer survival has been established in numerous studies in the EU and the US, prognosis being constantly poorer for the most underprivileged patients...
- Social and geographic disparities in access to reference care site for patients with colorectal cancer in FranceO Dejardin
Cancers and Populations, ERI3 Inserm, Faculte de Medecine, 14032 Caen Cedex, France
Br J Cancer 92:1842-5. 2005..Improvements in diagnosis and treatment and of clinical practice guidelines are therefore crucial to ensure equality in health care in France...
- [Social and geographical determinants of cancer care management in France - colorectal cancer incidence in Calvados from 1997 to 2004]C Jambon
CHU de Caen, France
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 58:207-16. 2010..The aim of this retrospective population-based study was to investigate the influence of socio-geographical determinants on access to a reference care centre...
- Social determinants of access to reference care centres for patients with colorectal cancer--a multilevel analysisS Blais
Cancers and Populations, ERI3 Inserm, Faculty of Medicine, 14032 Caen Cedex, France
Eur J Cancer 42:3041-8. 2006..Our study was aimed at investigating the social determinants of access to reference cancer care centres for surgery for colorectal cancer in France...
- Socioeconomic determinants for compliance to colorectal cancer screening. A multilevel analysisC Pornet
Cancers and Populations, ERI 3 INSERM, CHU Caen, Faculty of Medicine, Avenue Côte de Nacre 14032 Caen Cedex, France
J Epidemiol Community Health 64:318-24. 2010....
- Social and geographical factors influencing the delay in treatment for colorectal cancerO Dejardin
Br J Cancer 91:1751-2. 2004