- Treatment of pulmonary embolismHerve Decousus
CHU de Saint Etienne, Hopital Nord, CIC EC Inserm, CIC1408, 42055 Saint Etienne Cedex, France Université Jean Monnet, EA3065, 42023 Saint Etienne, France CHU de Saint Étienne, Hopital Nord, Service de Médecine Vasculaire et Thérapeutique, 42055 Saint Etienne, France CHU de Saint Étienne, Hopital Nord, GIRC thrombose, INNOVTE network, 42055 Saint Etienne, France Electronic address
Presse Med 44:e393-9. 2015..The risk/benefit ratio of DOACs in specific subgroups deserves prospective validations. ..
- Epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment and management of superficial-vein thrombosis of the legsHerve Decousus
Service de Médecine et Thérapeutique, CHU Saint Etienne, France
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 25:275-84. 2012..The overall management of this frequent disease therefore needs to be reconsidered...
- Factors at admission associated with bleeding risk in medical patients: findings from the IMPROVE investigatorsHerve Decousus
INSERM, CIE3, the University Saint Etienne, and CHU Saint Etienne, Hopital Nord, Service de Médecine Interne et Thérapeutique, Saint Etienne, France
Chest 139:69-79. 2011....
- Fondaparinux for the treatment of superficial-vein thrombosis in the legsHerve Decousus
INSERM CIE3, F 42055, EA3065 Université Jean Monnet, and Service de Médecine et Thérapeutique, Centre Hôpitalier Universitaire Saint Etienne, Hopital Nord, Saint Etienne, France
N Engl J Med 363:1222-32. 2010....
- Thrombophilia and risk of venous thrombosis in patients with cancerHerve Decousus
University Hospital, Saint Etienne, France
Thromb Res 120:S51-61. 2007..Studies designed to assess the value of thromboprophylaxis in high-risk patients, including thrombophilic patients, with long-term central venous catheters may be valuable...
- Recent findings in the epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment of superficial-vein thrombosisHerve Decousus
INSERM, CIE3, Université Jean Monnet, EA3065, CHU Saint Etienne, Service de Médecine et Thérapeutique, Saint Etienne, F 42055 France
Thromb Res 127:S81-5. 2011..5 mg fondaparinux subcutaneously for 45 days on top of symptomatic treatments, may be proposed...
- Superficial vein thrombosis: risk factors, diagnosis, and treatmentHerve Decousus
Groupe de Recherche sur la Thrombose, Université Jean Monnet, Saint Etienne, France
Curr Opin Pulm Med 9:393-7. 2003..A one-month prophylactic dose of low molecular weight heparin plus elastic stockings could be the appropriate strategy in most cases. Other studies are needed before definitive conclusions can be drawn...
- Superficial venous thrombosis and venous thromboembolism: a large, prospective epidemiologic studyHerve Decousus
University Hospital, Saint Etienne, France
Ann Intern Med 152:218-24. 2010..Superficial venous thrombosis (SVT) is perceived to have a benign prognosis...
- [Initial treatment of venous thromboembolic events]Patrick Mismetti
Service de Médecine Interne et Thérapeutique, Unite de Pharmacologie Clinique, Groupe de recherche sur la thrombose EA 3065 CIE3, CHU de Saint Etienne, 42055 Saint Etienne
Rev Prat 57:751-7. 2007....
- [Thromboprophylaxis in medical patients: Which modifications with the new oral anticoagulants?]Laurent Bertoletti
Université Saint Étienne Jean Monnet, groupe de recherche sur la thrombose EA3065, 42023 Saint Etienne, France INSERM, CIE3, 42055 Saint Etienne, France CHU de Saint Étienne, Hopital Nord, Service de Médecine et Thérapeutique, Avenue Albert Raimond, 42055 Saint Etienne, France Electronic address
Presse Med 42:1219-24. 2013..Rivaroxaban and apixaban are currently not indicated in medical prophylaxis. ..
- Factors predictive of venous thrombotic complications in patients with isolated superficial vein thrombosisSara Quenet
Clinical Pharmacology Department, University Hospital Bellevue, Saint Etienne, France
J Vasc Surg 38:944-9. 2003..Superficial vein thrombosis may be complicated with venous thromboembolism. We examined factors predictive of venous thromboembolism in superficial vein thrombosis, which, to our knowledge, had not been prospectively studied before...
- Use of the Delphi method to facilitate antithrombotics prescription during pregnancyCeline Chauleur
Gynaecology Obstetrics Department, EA3065 Thrombosis Research Group, University Hospital, 42055 Saint Etienne Cedex 2, Jean Monnet University, France
Thromb Res 126:88-92. 2010..Guidelines do not definitively fix optimal strategies due to limited trial data. Our objective was to build an easy-to-use tool allowing individualised, risk-adapted prophylaxis...
- [Epidemiologic and therapeutic advances in superficial venous thrombosis of the legs]Laurent Bertoletti
Groupe de Recherche sur la Thrombose, Université Jean Monnet, Saint Etienne
Rev Prat 61:1244-8. 2011..In absence of contra-indication, this treatment may be preferred in patients with confirmed isolated SVT of lower limb...
- A prospective long-term study of 220 patients with a retrievable vena cava filter for secondary prevention of venous thromboembolismPatrick Mismetti
Thrombosis Research Group, CIC EC, Clinical Pharmacology Department, University Hospital, Saint Etienne, France
Chest 131:223-9. 2007..The immediate and long-term clinical events associated with the placement and removal of a retrievable filter (ALN filter; ALN Implants Chirurgicaux; Ghisonaccia, France) remain largely unknown...
- Feasibility of an easy-to-use risk score in the prevention of venous thromboembolism and placental vascular complications in pregnant women: a prospective cohort of 2736 womenCeline Chauleur
Gynaecology Obstetrics Department, EA3065 Thrombosis Research Group, University Hospital, 42055 Saint Etienne Cedex 2, France
Thromb Res 122:478-84. 2008..Our objective was to assess whether treatment based on risk score is feasible in these women...
- [New oral anticoagulants in the treatment of venous thromboembolism]Laurent Bertoletti
Université Saint Etienne, Jean Monnet, Groupe de Recherche sur la Thrombose, EA3065, 42000 Saint Etienne, France INSERM, CIE3, 42000 Saint Etienne, France CHU de Saint Étienne, Hopital Nord, Service de Médecine et Thérapeutique, Saint Etienne, France Electronic address
Presse Med 42:1232-8. 2013..At that time, only rivaroxaban is licensed in France, in the treatment of deep venous thrombosis. ..
- Clinical predictors for fatal pulmonary embolism in 15,520 patients with venous thromboembolism: findings from the Registro Informatizado de la Enfermedad TromboEmbolica venosa (RIETE) RegistrySilvy Laporte
Clinical Pharmacology Department, Thrombosis Research Group, EA 3065, University Hospital of Saint Etienne Bellevue, 42055 Saint Etienne Cedex 02, France
Circulation 117:1711-6. 2008..Clinical predictors for fatal pulmonary embolism (PE) in patients with venous thromboembolism have never been studied...
- Optimal low-molecular-weight heparin regimen in major orthopaedic surgery. A meta-analysis of randomised trialsPaul Zufferey
Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Department, University Hospital of Saint Etienne, France
Thromb Haemost 90:654-61. 2003..03). These findings are tentative because the comparisons are across trials, but nevertheless suggest that the different LMWH regimens currently recommended are effective and safe...
- Effect of a retrievable inferior vena cava filter plus anticoagulation vs anticoagulation alone on risk of recurrent pulmonary embolism: a randomized clinical trialPatrick Mismetti
Service de Médecine Vasculaire et Thérapeutique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Saint Etienne, France2Université Jean Monnet, Groupe d Investigation et de Recherche Clinique sur la Thrombose, Saint Etienne, France3Unité de Pharmacologie Clinique, CEN
JAMA 313:1627-35. 2015..Although retrievable inferior vena cava filters are frequently used in addition to anticoagulation in patients with acute venous thromboembolism, their benefit-risk ratio is unclear...
- Compliance and stability of INR of two oral anticoagulants with different half-lives: a randomised trialSilvy Laporte
Thrombosis Research Group, Clinical Pharmacological Department, University Hospital, Pavillon 5, F 42055 Saint Etienne Cedex 2, France
Thromb Haemost 89:458-67. 2003..No difference was found between the education groups. In patients starting oral anticoagulant therapy, dose determination may be the most important factor contributing to instability...
- Do antifibrinolytics reduce allogeneic blood transfusion in orthopedic surgery?Paul Zufferey
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care and EA3065, Thrombosis Research Group, University Hospital of Saint Etienne, Saint Etienne, France
Anesthesiology 105:1034-46. 2006..Although the results suggest that aprotinin and tranexamic acid significantly reduce allogeneic erythrocyte transfusion, further evaluation of safety is required before recommending the use of antifibrinolytics in orthopedic surgery...