- HAART-related nephropathies in HIV-infected patientsEric Daugas
Service de Nephrologie B, Hopital Tenon, AP HP, Paris, France
Kidney Int 67:393-403. 2005..In this review, we focus on those aspects that require particular attention in preventing new health complications in HIV-infected patients...
- Mast cell chymase protects against renal fibrosis in murine unilateral ureteral obstructionWalid Beghdadi
INSERM UMRS 699, Paris, France
Kidney Int 84:317-26. 2013..Thus, mast cell released mMCP4 has anti-fibrotic potential in acutely induced obstructive nephropathy. ..
- Rituximab in severe lupus nephritis: early B-cell depletion affects long-term renal outcomeCatherine Melander
Department of Nephrology, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux Paris, Universite Paris Descartes, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 4:579-87. 2009..Rituximab, a monoclonal chimeric anti-B cell antibody, is increasingly used in patients with lupus nephritis, but reported series were small and had a short follow-up...
- Acute renal infarction: a case seriesMarie Bourgault
Service de néphrologie et dialyse, Hôpital d Instruction des Armées du Val de Grâce, Paris, France
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 8:392-8. 2013..Renal infarction is an arterial vascular event that may cause irreversible damage to kidney tissues. This study describes the clinical characteristics of patients with renal infarction according to underlying mechanism of vascular injury...
- [Anti-phospholipid syndrome nephropathy]Dominique Nochy
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20, rue Leblanc, 75908 Paris Cedex15
Ann Med Interne (Paris) 154:51-8. 2003..We showed the following..
- Renal involvement in Castleman diseaseKhalil El Karoui
Department of Pathology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, AP HP Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:599-609. 2011..Renal involvement in CD has been described in only single-case reports, which have included various types of renal diseases...
- Acute kidney disease due to immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome in an HIV-infected patient with tuberculosisCarine Salliot
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic) 7:178-81. 2008..All published case reports of IRIS revealed by acute renal failure in HIV-infected patients are also reviewed...
- Antiphospholipid syndrome nephropathyDominique Nochy
Service of Pathology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris, France
J Nephrol 15:446-61. 2002
- Alveolar haemorrhage in ANCA-associated vasculitides: 80 patients' features and prognostic factorsAlex Kostianovsky
Department of Internal Medicine, Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Clin Exp Rheumatol 30:S77-82. 2012..Our objective was to determine the prognostic value of AH in this context...
- Both IgA nephropathy and alcoholic cirrhosis feature abnormally glycosylated IgA1 and soluble CD89-IgA and IgG-IgA complexes: common mechanisms for distinct diseasesEmilie Tissandié
INSERM U699, Paris, France
Kidney Int 80:1352-63. 2011..Hence, common mechanisms appear to be shared by diseases of distinct origins, indicating that common environmental factors may influence the development of IgAN...
- Renal cortical necrosis related to paraneoplastic antiphospholipid syndromeCecile Vigneau
Intensive Care Unit, St Antoine Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Kidney Dis 47:1072-4. 2006..This case describes the first association of antiphospholipid syndrome to epidermoid lung cancer, shown by cortical bilateral necrosis. It also emphasizes the utility of renal biopsy in case of an unusual acute renal failure...
- Brief Report: Childhood-Onset Systemic Necrotizing Vasculitides: Long-Term Data From the French Vasculitis Study Group RegistryMichele Iudici
National Referral Center for Rare Systemic Autoimmune Diseases, Hopital Cochin, AP HP, and Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheumatol 67:1959-65. 2015....
- The risk of systemic lupus erythematosus associated with vaccines: an international case-control studyLamiae Grimaldi-Bensouda
LA SER and Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheumatol 66:1559-67. 2014..Studies have suggested that systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) may be triggered by vaccinations. We undertook this study to investigate the relationship between vaccination and onset of SLE...
- [Prepare: cross-sectional study on management of chronic kidney disease by nephrologists before dialysis in France]Eric Daugas
INSERM U699, Service de Nephrologie, Hopital Bichat, AP HP, Universite Paris Diderot, 46, rue Henri Huchard, 75877 Paris Cedex 18, France
Nephrol Ther 8:439-50. 2012..One can suggest that they could be reduced by systematic access of patients with risk of progression to stage V, as soon as the stage IV, to structured multidisciplinary care...
- Presentation of HIV-associated nephropathy and outcome in HAART-treated patientsNaïke Bigé
Department of Nephrology, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:1114-21. 2012..The purpose of our study was to describe the presentation and outcome of HIVAN in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Rituximab treatment for membranous nephropathy: a French clinical and serological retrospective study of 28 patientsPierre Antoine Michel
Service de Néphrologie et Dialyses, Hopital Tenon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Nephron Extra 1:251-61. 2011..Antibodies became negative in all 5 responsive patients with available follow-up sera. In this retrospective study, a high rate of remission was achieved 12 months after treatment...
- Mouse mast cell protease-4 deteriorates renal function by contributing to inflammation and fibrosis in immune complex-mediated glomerulonephritisLisa Scandiuzzi
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U699, Paris, France
J Immunol 185:624-33. 2010..These results highlight the complexity of mast cell-mediated inflammatory actions and suggest that chymase inhibition may represent a novel therapeutic target in GN...
- Unexpected efficacy of rituximab in multirelapsing minimal change nephrotic syndrome in the adult: first case report and pathophysiological considerationsHelene Francois
Department of Nephrology and Dialysis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, AP HP, Tenon Hospital, France
Am J Kidney Dis 49:158-61. 2007..This case suggests a role of B cells in MCNS, possibly by regulating T-cell function...
- Acute renal failure associated with immune restoration inflammatory syndromeEric Daugas
Department of Nephrology, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
Nat Clin Pract Nephrol 2:594-8; quiz 599. 2006..A renal biopsy showed acute interstitial nephritis. Extensive investigations failed to detect active infection. The efficacy of HAART was attested by increased CD4+ cell counts and undetectable viral replication...
- Antiphospholipid syndrome nephropathy in systemic lupus erythematosusEric Daugas
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Service de Néphrologie et Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U430, Hopital Broussais, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:42-52. 2002..Finally, this study suggests that APSN should be considered as an element to be included in the classification criteria of APS...
- Sodium thiosulfate as first-line treatment for calciphylaxisFelix Ackermann
Arch Dermatol 143:1336-7; author reply 1338. 2007