Affiliation: Danone Vitapole
- Beneficial immune modulatory effects of a specific nutritional combination in a murine model for cancer cachexiaJ Faber
Danone Research Centre for Specialised Nutrition formerly known as Numico Research, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 99:2029-36. 2008..From this, it can be concluded that the specific nutritional combination has potential as immune-supporting nutritional intervention to reduce the risk of (infectious) complications in cancer patients...
- Impaired immune function: an early marker for cancer cachexiaJoyce Faber
Danone Research, Centre for Specialised Nutrition, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Oncol Rep 22:1403-6. 2009..Extrapolating to the human setting, reduced immune competence of cancer patients could serve as an early marker for cancer cachexia, enabling an early supportive care strategy...
- Supplementation with a fish oil-enriched, high-protein medical food leads to rapid incorporation of EPA into white blood cells and modulates immune responses within one week in healthy men and womenJoyce Faber
Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition, Danone Research Center for Specialized Nutrition, Wageningen 6704PH, The Netherlands
J Nutr 141:964-70. 2011..These results hold promise for novel applications such as fast-acting nutritional interventions in cancer patients, which should be investigated in future studies...
- Bacterial translocation is reduced by a specific nutritional combination in mice with chemotherapy-induced neutropeniaJoyce Faber
Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition, Danone Research, Centre for Specialised Nutrition, Wageningen, The Netherlands 6704 PH
J Nutr 141:1292-8. 2011..These results suggest an opportunity to develop new applications in cancer patients, with the aim to reduce infectious and other complications...
- Selective inhibition of COX-2 by a standardized CO2 extract of Humulus lupulus in vitro and its activity in a mouse model of zymosan-induced arthritisSander Hougee
Numico Research, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Planta Med 72:228-33. 2006..25 mg hop extract daily was observed on joint swelling. In conclusion, this standardized CO(2) extract of Humulus lupulus could be a useful agent for intervention strategies targeting inflammatory disorders and/or inflammatory pain...