- Differentiation of embryonic stem cells into adipocytes in vitroC Dani
Centre de Biochimie UMR 6543 CNRS, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Faculte des Sciences, Parc Valrose, Nice, France
J Cell Sci 110:1279-85. 1997....
- Prostacyclin IP receptor up-regulates the early expression of C/EBPbeta and C/EBPdelta in preadipose cellsJ Aubert
Centre de Biochimie IFR 349 and UMR 6543 CNRS, UNSA, Faculte des Sciences, Parc Valrose, 06108, Nice, France
Mol Cell Endocrinol 160:149-56. 2000....
- Leukemia inhibitory factor and its receptor promote adipocyte differentiation via the mitogen-activated protein kinase cascadeJ Aubert
Centre de Biochimie IFR349 and UMR6543 CNRS Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Faculte des Sciences, Parc Valrose, 06108 Nice, France
J Biol Chem 274:24965-72. 1999....
- Expression of ob gene in adipose cells. Regulation by insulinP Leroy
Centre de Biochimie UMR 134 CNRS, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Faculte des Sciences, Nice, France
J Biol Chem 271:2365-8. 1996..The level of secreted Ob protein is also regulated by insulin. These results indicate that the ob gene is expressed in mature fat cells only and support the possibility that insulin is an important regulator of ob gene expression...
- Inhibition of myogenesis enables adipogenic trans-differentiation in the C2C12 myogenic cell lineK Yeow
CNRS UMR 6548, Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
FEBS Lett 506:157-62. 2001..These results indicate that preventing myogenesis through expression of DN MKK3 facilitates adipocytic trans-differentiation, and involves PI3 kinase signalling...
- Compactin enhances osteogenesis in murine embryonic stem cellsB W Phillips
Centre de Biochimie (UMR 6543 CNRS, , , Parc Valrose, Nice, 06108, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 284:478-84. 2001..These results establish ES-cell derived osteogenesis as an effective model system to study the molecular mechanisms by which the statin compactin promotes osteoblastic differentiation and bone nodule formation...
- Inhibition of the anti-adipogenic Hedgehog signaling pathway by cyclopamine does not trigger adipocyte differentiationW Cousin
Institute of Signaling, Developmental Biology and Cancer CNRS UMR6543, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Stem Cells and Differentiation, Nice, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 349:799-803. 2006..This suggests that Hedgehog signaling is an inadequate pharmacological target for patient suffering from syndromes associated with a decrease in fat mass, such as the ones observed in lipodystrophies...
- Activins in adipogenesis and obesityC Dani
Institute Biology of Valrose iBV, CNRS INSERM, Faculty of Medicine, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, Cedex, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 37:163-6. 2013..Therefore, activin pathway could represent a potential therapeutic target both for controlling the size and the phenotype of the adipose precursor pool and for obesity-associated metabolic complications...
- Differentiation of embryonic stem cells as a model to study gene function during the development of adipose cellsC Dani
Institute of Signaling, Developmental Biology, and Cancer Research, Centre de Biochimie, Nice, France
Methods Mol Biol 185:107-16. 2002
- The human adipose tissue is a source of multipotent stem cellsA M Rodriguez
Faculte des Sciences, Centre de Biochimie, Institut de Recherche Signalisation, Biologie du Developpement et Cancer, UMR 6543 CNRS, Parc Valrose, 06108 Nice Cedex 2, France
Biochimie 87:125-8. 2005..Finally, potential applications of stem cells isolated from adipose tissue in medicine will be discussed...
- Cloning of hOST-PTP: the only example of a protein-tyrosine-phosphatase the function of which has been lost between rodent and humanW Cousin
Institute of Signaling Developmental Biology and Cancer UMR 6543 CNRS, Faculte des Sciences, 06108 Nice Cedex 2, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 321:259-65. 2004..Taken together, these results indicate that OST-PTP is the only PTP-ase the function of which has been lost during the evolution process between rodents and human...
- Embryonic stem cell-derived adipogenesisC Dani
Laboratoire de Biologie du Développement du Tissu Adipeux, Centre de Biochimie UMR 6543 CNRS, Nice, France
Cells Tissues Organs 165:173-80. 1999..The capacity of lif-/- and lifr-/- ES cells to undergo adipocyte differentiation is reported as an application of mutant ES cells to study gene function during the development of adipose cells...
- Cloning of alpha 2 chain of type VI collagen and expression during mouse developmentA Ibrahimi
Centre de Biochimie UMR 134 CNRS, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Faculte des Sciences, Parc Valrose, Nice, France
Biochem J 289:141-7. 1993..These results indicate that A2COL6 gene expression is a marker of the preadipose state, but may also be a marker of other differentiation programmes such as that of muscle...