- A role for preadipocytes as macrophage-like cellsB Cousin
ESA 5018 UPS CNRS, IFR 31, CHU Rangueil, 31403 Toulouse Cedex, France
FASEB J 13:305-12. 1999..These results suggest that preadipocytes could function as macrophage-like cells and raise the possibility of a potential direct involvement of adipose tissue in inflammatory processes...
- Altered macrophage-like functions of preadipocytes in inflammation and genetic obesityB Cousin
UMR 5018 UPS CNRS, IFR 31, CHU Rangueil, Bat L1, Avenue J Poulhès, 31403 Toulouse Cedex, France
J Cell Physiol 186:380-6. 2001..This work demonstrated that SVF immune functions could be modified in different pathological situations such as inflammation and obesity and sustained the new physiological role of preadipocytes in these processes...
- Weight-dependent changes of immune system in adipose tissue: importance of leptinS Caspar-Bauguil
UMR 5018 CNRS UPS, IFR 31, CHU Rangueil, TSA 50032, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Exp Cell Res 312:2195-202. 2006..The present study suggests that adipose tissues present, according to their localization, different immunological mechanisms that might be involved in the regulation of adipose cells functions and proliferations...
- Adipose tissues display differential phagocytic and microbicidal activities depending on their localizationJ A Villena
UMR 5018, UPS-CNRS, IFR 31, Toulouse, France
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:1275-80. 2001..A differential responsiveness of adipose pads to infections and inflammatory situations due to the specific phagocytic ability of their SVF cells was thus proposed...
- Emergence during development of the white-adipocyte cell phenotype is independent of the brown-adipocyte cell phenotypeK Moulin
UMR-CNRS 5018, IFR 31, Bat L1, CHU Rangueil, 31054 Toulouse, France
Biochem J 356:659-64. 2001..These data represent the first direct experimental proof that, during normal development, most white adipocytes do not derive from brown adipocytes...
- Adipose tissues as an ancestral immune organ: site-specific change in obesityS Caspar-Bauguil
UMR 5018 CNRS-UPS, IFR 31, CHU Rangueil, TSA 50032, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
FEBS Lett 579:3487-92. 2005..These data support the notion that adipose tissue may elaborate immunological mechanisms to regulate its functions which might be altered in obesity...
- [Adipose tissue, plastic and reconstructive surgery: come back to sources]L Casteilla
UMR 5018 CNRS UPS, IFR31, TSA 50032, IFR31, Bat L1, CHU de Rangueil, 1, avenue Poulhes, 31059 Toulouse 09, France
Ann Chir Plast Esthet 49:409-18. 2004..These spectacular data, the fact that adipose tissue is easy to sample and the possibility to create cell or tissue banks open numerous and promising perspectives in regenerative medicine...
- Human adipose cells as candidates in defense and tissue remodeling phenomenaC Saillan-Barreau
UMR 5018 CNRS-UPS, Institut Louis Bugnard, CHU Rangueil, Bat L1, 31403 Toulouse, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 309:502-5. 2003..This gives support for some observations linking obesity or cachexia to immunological disorders...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha stimulates HIV-1 production in primary culture of human adipocytesT Maurin
U526 Laboratoire de Virologie, Faculte de Medecine, av de Valombrose, 06107 Nice Cedex 2, France
Exp Cell Res 304:544-51. 2005..Taken together, these results demonstrate that HIV-1 does infect human adipose cells in vitro and suggest that the initial limited infection can be overcome upon pro-inflammatory cytokine treatment...
- Plasticity of adipose tissue: a promising therapeutic avenue in the treatment of cardiovascular and blood diseases?L Casteilla
UMR 5018 CNRS UPS, Institut Louis Bugnard, Toulouse, France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 98:922-6. 2005..They highlight the concept that progenitor cells from adipose tissue constitute an alternative for cells-based strategies designed for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases...