- [Bone aging and frailty syndrome after 10 years of ARV treatment in Senegal]A Cournil
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Universite de Montpellier 1, UMI 233 TransVIHMI, Centre IRD de Montpellier, 911, Avenue Agropolis, BP 64501, F 34394, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 107:238-40. 2014..It shows that patients had a lower mineral bone density. By contrast, the prevalence of frailty (an indicator of general health status and physical condition) among patients was similar to the general population. ..
- Relationship between mortality and feeding modality among children born to HIV-infected mothers in a research setting: the Kesho Bora studyAmandine Cournil
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, University of Montpellier, Montpellier, France
AIDS 27:1621-30. 2013..To assess the relationship between infant feeding practices and mortality by 18 months of age among children born to HIV-infected mothers in the Kesho Bora trial (Burkina-Faso, Kenya and South Africa)...
- Reduced quantitative ultrasound bone mineral density in HIV-infected patients on antiretroviral therapy in SenegalAmandine Cournil
Institut de Recherche pour le Développement University Montpellier 1, UMI 233, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 7:e31726. 2012..Bone status in HIV-infected patients on antiretroviral treatment (ART) is poorly documented in resource-limited settings. We compared bone mineral density between HIV-infected patients and control subjects from Dakar, Senegal...
- Evolution of lipid levels in HIV-infected children treated or not with HAART in Abidjan, Cote d'IvoireAmandine Cournil
UMI233, Institut de Recherche pour le Développement IRD Université Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
J Trop Pediatr 58:43-9. 2012..To describe lipid levels in antiretroviral (ARV)-naïve HIV-infected Ivorian children and assess their evolution after ARV-treatment initiation...
- Handgrip strength: indications of paternal inheritance in three European regionsAmandine Cournil
Unite Mixte de Recherche, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Universite Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 65:1101-6. 2010..We aimed to investigate the pattern of inheritance of handgrip strength in a sample of parent-offspring pairs from three different European regions in Denmark, France, and Italy...
- Reduced dose of stavudine and lipoatrophy in HIV-infected patients in CameroonAmandine Cournil
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, University Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
Antivir Ther 15:1039-43. 2010..This study assessed the effect of stavudine (d4T) 30 mg dosage on lipoatrophy in HIV-infected patients on antiretroviral treatment...
- Enhanced post-natal growth is associated with elevated blood pressure in young Senegalese adultsAmandine Cournil
IRD, UR024 Epidémiologie et Prévention, Montpellier, France
Int J Epidemiol 38:1401-10. 2009..We assessed the effect of early size and post-natal growth on blood pressure in a population from West Africa, where fetal growth retardation and childhood malnutrition are common...
- A summary index of feeding practices is positively associated with height-for-age, but only marginally with linear growth, in rural Senegalese infants and toddlersKirsten Bork
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Montpellier, France
J Nutr 142:1116-22. 2012..Therefore, the strong association between HAZ and ICFI during infancy may be partly due to maternal adaptation to infant clues, i.e., greater appetite for and interest in non-breast-milk foods among taller infants...
- Infant feeding modes and determinants among HIV-1-infected African Women in the Kesho Bora StudyKirsten Bork
Institut de recherche pour le developpement IRD, UMI233 IRD UM1, Montpellier, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 62:109-18. 2013..To assess breastfeeding modes and determinants in a prevention of mother-to-child transmission study...
- Early infant feeding patterns and HIV-free survival: findings from the Kesho-Bora trial (Burkina Faso, Kenya, South Africa)Amandine Cournil
From the UMI 233, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Universite Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France Department of Bacteriology Virology, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U1058 Université Montpellier and CHRU Montpellier, Montpellier, France Department of Reproductive Health and Research, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland International Centre for Reproductive Health ICRH, Mombasa, Kenya International Centre for Reproductive Health, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium Centre Muraz, Bobo Dioulasso, Burkina Faso University of KwaZulu Natal, Durban, South Africa Africa Centre for Health and Population Studies, University of KwaZulu Natal, Somkhele, South Africa and The Kesho Bora Study Group members are listed in the Appendix
Pediatr Infect Dis J 34:168-74. 2015..To investigate the association between feeding patterns and HIV-free survival in children born to HIV-infected mothers and to clarify whether antiretroviral (ARV) prophylaxis modifies the association...
- Active malaria morbidity management has limited impact on height status of preschool Senegalese childrenFlorie Fillol
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Montpellier 34394, France
J Nutr 140:625-9. 2010..These findings suggest that improved health services provided by the trial may also have benefited children not included living in study villages...
- Nonbreast-fed HIV-1-exposed Burkinabe infants have low energy intake between 6 and 11 months of age despite free access to infant food aidCecile Cames
UMI233, IRD UM1, Montpellier 34394, France
J Nutr 141:674-9. 2011....
- Acceptability and feasibility of infant-feeding options: experiences of HIV-infected mothers in the World Health Organization Kesho Bora mother-to-child transmission prevention (PMTCT) trial in Burkina FasoCecile Cames
IRD, Montpellier, France
Matern Child Nutr 6:253-65. 2010..Other crucial interventions are the promotion of voluntary counselling and testing for couples, and greater partner involvement in infant-feeding counselling...
- Tubular and glomerular proteinuria in HIV-infected adults with estimated glomerular filtration rate ≥ 60 ml/min per 1.73 m2Jacques Reynes
Department of Infectious Diseases, Montpellier University Hospital, Montpellier, France
AIDS 27:1295-302. 2013..To assess the frequency of glomerular and tubular proteinuria in a cohort of HIV-infected patients, and to determine the factors associated with each type of injury...
- Lipodystrophy and metabolic disorders in HIV-1-infected adults on 4- to 9-year antiretroviral therapy in Senegal: a case-control studySabine Mercier
IRD, UR024, Montpellier, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 51:224-30. 2009..To assess adverse effects of long-term highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART), that is, lipodystrophy and metabolic disorders, in a cohort of African patients...
- Epilepsy in onchocerciasis endemic areas: systematic review and meta-analysis of population-based surveysSebastien D S Pion
Unité Mixte de Recherche 145, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement IRD and University of Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 3:e461. 2009..We sought to evaluate the relationship between onchocerciasis prevalence and that of epilepsy using available data collected at community level...
- Chest Low-Dose Computed Tomography for Early Lung Cancer Diagnosis as an Opportunity to Diagnose Vertebral Fractures in HIV-Infected Smokers, an ANRS EP48 HIV CHEST SubstudyYann Thouvenin
Department of Medical Imaging, Lapeyronie Hospital, University Montpellier, Montpellier, France Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, University Montpellier, Montpellier, France UMI 233, IRD, University Montpellier, Montpellier, France Department of Internal Medicine, Clinique Beau Soleil, Montpellier, France Department of Medical Imaging, University Hospital Pontchaillou, Rennes, France Department of Medical Imaging, University Hospital Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France Department of Medical Imaging, University Hospital Haut Lévêque, Bordeaux, France Department of Medical Imaging, University Hospital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France and UPRES EA 2363, Sorbonne Paris Cité, University Paris 13 Department of Medical Imaging, University Hospital Avicenne, Bobigny, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 69:299-305. 2015..To estimate the prevalence of vertebral fractures on chest low-dose computed tomography (LDCT) in HIV-infected smokers...
- Influence of wasting and stunting at the onset of the rainy season on subsequent malaria morbidity among rural preschool children in SenegalFlorie Fillol
Epidemiology and Prevention Research Unit, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Montpellier, France
Am J Trop Med Hyg 80:202-8. 2009..Although non-biological explanations such as overprotection of wasted children by their mothers should be considered, immunomodulation according to nutritional status could explain the lower risk of malaria attack among wasted children...
- Paradoxical relationships between anthropometric variables and phenotypic expression of the metabolic syndrome in nondiabetic Polynesians of New CaledoniaAmandine Cournil
Institute for Research and Development, Montpellier, France
Diabetes Care 30:1909-11. 2007