- A randomized controlled trial of cognitive therapy versus intensive behavior therapy in obsessive compulsive disorderJ Cottraux
Anxiety Disorder Unit, Hopital Neurologique, University of Lyon, France
Psychother Psychosom 70:288-97. 2001..The study was designed to compare cognitive therapy (CT) with intensive behavior therapy (BT) in obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and to study their change process...
- Randomized controlled comparison of cognitive behavior therapy with Rogerian supportive therapy in chronic post-traumatic stress disorder: a 2-year follow-upJean Cottraux
Anxiety Disorder Unit, Hopital Neurologique, Claude Bernard Lyon 1 University, Lyon, France
Psychother Psychosom 77:101-10. 2008..To date, there have been no studies comparing cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) with Rogerian therapy in post-traumatic stress disorder...
- [Magneto-encephalographic (MEG) brain recordings during traumatic memory recall in women with post-traumatic stress disorder: A pilot study]J Cottraux
Unité de Traitement de l Anxiété, Service de Psychologie médicale, Hopital Neurologique, 59, boulevard Pinel, 69677 Bron, France Electronic address
Encephale 41:202-8. 2015..The experiment studied the effects of a short duration exposure to traumatic memories using magneto-encephalography (MEG)...
- Cognitive therapy versus Rogerian supportive therapy in borderline personality disorder. Two-year follow-up of a controlled pilot studyJean Cottraux
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Hopital Neurologique, Lyon, France
Psychother Psychosom 78:307-16. 2009..To date, there have been no studies comparing cognitive therapy (CT) with Rogerian supportive therapy (RST) in borderline personality disorder...
- [A clinical trap: acute and chronic psychogenic dyspnea]Jean Cottraux
Psychiatre honoraire des hôpitaux, chargé de cours à l université Lyon 1, France
Rev Prat 59:615-8. 2009..The problems related to the diagnosis and the implementation of psychological or pharmacological treatments are reviewed with reference to evidence-based medicine...
- The debate on antidepressants' effectiveness and missing studies in meta-analysisJean Cottraux
Anxiety Disorder Unit University, Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Acta Psychiatr Scand 118:98. 2008
- Combining Pharmacotherapy with cognitive-behavioral interventions for obsessive-compulsive disorderJean Cottraux
Anxiety Disorder Unit, Hopital Neurologique, Lyon, France
Cogn Behav Ther 34:185-92. 2005..However, the response rate is still too low in many patients, and some patients remain refractory to any kind of treatment. This stresses the importance of joint efforts of psychological and biological teams to develop new treatments...
- Cognitive behavior therapy versus supportive therapy in social phobia: a randomized controlled trialJ Cottraux
Anxiety Disorder Unit, University Lyon I, Lyon, France
Psychother Psychosom 69:137-46. 2000..The efficacy of cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) in social phobia has been demonstrated in several controlled trials and meta-analyses, but no comparison of CBT with supportive therapy (ST) can be found in the literature...
- [Evaluation of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder: validation of a measure, the PCLS]S N Yao
Unité de Traitement de l Anxiété, Hôpital Neurologique de Lyon, 59, boulevard Pinel, 69003 Lyon
Encephale 29:232-8. 2003..The PCLS showed a satisfactory test-retest reliability. The PCLS is therefore a valid and effective measurement of PTSD. It may be a useful tool for screening and assessing PTSD in clinical practice and research in psychiatry...
- [Post-traumatic stress disorder in an anxiety disorder unit and in a victims support association]C De Mey-Guillard
Unité de Traitement de l Anxiété, Hôpital Neurologique de Lyon, 59, boulevard Pinel, 69003 Lyon, France
Encephale 31:76-81. 2005..More work has to be done on support association in the community, as they are confronted with significant PTSD problems...
- [Validation of a scale for responsibility (Salkovskis Responsibility Scale)]M Bouvard
Uta, , 59, boulevard Pinel, 69394 Lyon
Encephale 27:229-37. 2001..However, responsibility assumptions such as the belief that one has the power to harm are shared with social phobia...
- Psychometric appraisal of the Scale for Interpersonal Behavior (SIB) in FranceM Bouvard
Anxiety Disorders Unit, Hopital Neurologique, Lyon, France
Behav Res Ther 37:741-62. 1999..Sensitivity of the French SIB for detecting change was demonstrated in a subgroup of the clinical Ss who had undergone 15 sessions of cognitive-behavioral group therapy for underassertiveness...
- [Psychotherapies: what is the impact on the cortical and subcortical levels?]J Cottraux
Psychiatre des Hopitaux, chargé de cours à l université Lyon 1, Unité de Traitement de l Anxiété, Hopital Neurologique
Encephale 32:S48-52. 2006
- [Inferiority in normal and anxious populations]S N Yao
Unité de Traitement de l Anxiété, Hôpital Neurologique de Lyon, 59, boulevard Pinel, 69003, Lyon, France
Encephale 28:321-7. 2002..The mean age of this population was 34.0 years old (SD=10.6) and 51% of them were men. The Inferiority Scale was used in our study for evaluating the feeling of inferiority...
- Management of obsessive compulsive disorderMartine A Bouvard
Anxiety Disorder Unit, Neurological Hospital, Lyon, France
Psychother Psychosom 73:149-57. 2004
- Prevention of implantable defibrillator shocks by cognitive behavioral therapy: a pilot trialPhilippe Chevalier
Cardiology and Intensive Care Department, Hopital Cardiologique, Lyon, France
Am Heart J 151:191. 2006..The aim of the study was to determine whether cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) results in a decrease of arrhythmic events requiring ICD intervention through an improvement in sympathovagal balance...
- The validation of the Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Checklist Scale in posttraumatic stress disorder and nonclinical subjectsValérie A G Ventureyra
Anxiety Disorder Unit, Neurological Hospital, Lyon, France
Psychother Psychosom 71:47-53. 2002..The aim of this study was the validation of the French version of the PCLS in PTSD subjects and nonclinical subjects...
- [Are cognitive-behavior therapies effective?]Jean Cottraux
Unité de traitement de l anxiété Hôpital neurologique, B P Lyon Montchat 69394 Lyon
Rev Prat 52:1165-7. 2002
- Specificity of belief domains in OCD: validation of the French version of the Obsessive Beliefs Questionnaire and a comparison across samplesDominic Julien
Centre de Recherche Fernand Seguin, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Anxiety Disord 22:1029-41. 2008..Implications of the current study are discussed...