Jean Marc Costa
- First-trimester fetal sex determination in maternal serum using real-time PCRJ M Costa
Centre de Diagnostic Prenatal, American Hospital of Paris, Neuilly sur Seine, France
Prenat Diagn 21:1070-4. 2001..Prenatal diagnosis might thus be performed for male fetuses only, avoiding invasive procedures and the risk of the loss of female fetuses...
- Uniform distribution of three Candida albicans microsatellite markers in two French ICU populations supports a lack of nosocomial cross-contaminationOdile Eloy
Laboratoire de Parasitologie, Hopital Andre Mignot, Le Chesnay, France
BMC Infect Dis 6:162. 2006..The nosocomial acquisition of Candida albicans is a growing concern in intensive care units (ICUs) and understanding the route of contamination is relevant for infection control guidelines...
- Comparison of two DNA targets for the diagnosis of Toxoplasmosis by real-time PCR using fluorescence resonance energy transfer hybridization probesUdo Reischl
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, University Hospital Regensburg, Franz Josef Straubeta Allee 11, D 93053 Regensburg, Germany
BMC Infect Dis 3:7. 2003..Application of quantitative PCR has evolved as a sensitive, specific, and rapid method for the detection of Toxoplasma gondii DNA in amniotic fluid, blood, tissue samples, and cerebrospinal fluid...
- [Genetic analysis of the fetus using maternal blood]J M Costa
Centre de Diagnostic Prenatal, Hopital Americain de Paris, Neuilly sur Seine
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 32:646-50. 2004..Moreover, fetal RHD genotyping by maternal blood analysis could be useful in RhD-negative women at risk of immunization in order to adapt prophylactic anti-D injection...
- Chimeric LNA/DNA probes as a detection system for real-time PCRJean Marc Costa
M Dassault Molecular Biology Laboratory, Centre de Diagnostic Prenatal, American Hospital of Paris, Neuilly, 92200 Neuilly sur Seine, France
Clin Biochem 37:930-2. 2004..Evaluation of the use of short probes as a detection system in real-time PCR...
- Fetal expressed gene analysis in maternal blood: a new tool for noninvasive study of the fetusJean-Marc Costa
, American Hospital of Paris, 63 bd Victor Hugo, 92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
Clin Chem 49:981-3. 2003
- [First trimester fetal sex determination in maternal serum using real-time PCR]J M Costa
Centre de Diagnostic Prenatal, Hopital Americain de Paris, 63, boulevard Victor Hugo, 92202 Neuilly, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 30:953-7. 2002..Therefore, determination of fetal sex by maternal serum analysis can not replace caryotype analysis following chorionic villus sampling...
- [New non-invasive technique for prenatal diagnosis: analysis of maternal blood]J M Costa
Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire Marcel Dassault, Hopital Americain de Paris, 63, boulevard Victor Hugo, 92200 Neuilly
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 32:1S48-9. 2003..Other more exceptional applications are also possible, including detection of translocations or search for de novo point mutations but currently remain in the research phase...
- Fetal RHD genotyping in maternal serum during the first trimester of pregnancyJean Marc Costa
Centre de Diagnostic Prenatal, American Hospital of Paris, Neuilly, France
Br J Haematol 119:255-60. 2002..The high level of accuracy of fetal RHD genotyping obtained in this study could enable this technique to be offered on a routine basis for the management of RhD-negative patients during the first trimester of pregnancy...
- Prenatal diagnosis of congenital toxoplasmosis by duplex real-time PCR using fluorescence resonance energy transfer hybridization probesJ M Costa
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire, hôpital Américain, BP 109, 92202 Neuilly, France
Prenat Diagn 21:85-8. 2001..The importance of quantification should be better evaluated with postnatal studies. The duplex LightCycler PCR test currently provides rapid and safe results...
- Non-invasive prenatal diagnosis of fetal aneuploidiesAlexandra Benachi
, , AP-HP, , 75015 Paris, France
Lancet 369:440-2. 2007
- Coelomic fluid analysis: the absolute necessity to prove its fetal originJean Marie Jouannic
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Trousseau, APHP Paris 6, 26 avenue du Docteur Arnold Netter, 75012 Paris, France
Reprod Biomed Online 16:148-51. 2008....
- Finding a single XY cell among XX cells in amniotic fluid by FISH: a possible consequence of a vanishing male twin?Lieve Verstraete
Prenat Diagn 27:85-6. 2007
- Fetal RhD genotyping by maternal serum analysis: a two-year experienceEvelyne Gautier
Centre de Diagnostic Prenatal, Americal Hospital of Paris, Neuilly, France
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:666-9. 2005..It is therefore possible to consider that such an assay could be systematically proposed to all RhD-negative pregnant women in order to more effectively utilize RhD prophylaxis...
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) glycoprotein B genotype and CMV DNA load in the amniotic fluid of infected fetusesOlivier Picone
, , 10 rue du Champ Gaillard, 78300 Poissy, France
Prenat Diagn 24:1001-6. 2004..CONCLUSION: Neither gB genotype nor CMV DNA load in AF correlate with the severity of CMV congenital infection and these markers are unlikely to prove useful for the management of congenital infection...
- Impact of formaldehyde on the in vitro proportion of fetal DNA in maternal plasma and serumAlexandra Benachi
Maternit, , , France
Clin Chem 51:242-4. 2005
- Very early prenatal diagnosis of genetic diseases based on coelomic fluid analysis: a feasibility studyJean Marie Jouannic
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Rothschild, AP HP, Paris Université VI, Paris Cedex 12, France
Hum Reprod 21:2185-8. 2006..Although cell density in coelomic fluid (CF) is very low, the results of analyses on the cellular compartment have been proposed for prenatal diagnosis. METHODS and..
- Noninvasive prenatal diagnosis of fetal Rhesus D: ready for Prime(r) TimeDiana W Bianchi
Division of Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, 02111, USA
Obstet Gynecol 106:841-4. 2005..The United States should begin to undertake clinical trials to bring this technology to patient care as soon as possible...
- Discordant prenatal diagnosis of trisomy 21 due to mosaic structural rearrangements of chromosome 21Sophie Brisset
Service de Génétique et Reproduction, AP HP, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Clamart, France
Prenat Diagn 23:461-9. 2003..We report on two prenatal diagnoses in which karyotypes showed mosaicism with an aberrant cell line, including a structural rearrangement of chromosome 21...
- Automated assay for fetal DNA analysis in maternal serumJean-Marc Costa
Clin Chem 48:679-80. 2002
- Fetal DNA in maternal serum: does it persist after pregnancy?Alexandra Benachi
Maternité, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Hum Genet 113:76-9. 2003..Therefore, non-invasive prenatal diagnosis by fetal sex determination for women at risk of producing children with X-linked disorders, and fetal RHD genotyping is reliable and secure as previously demonstrated...
- Clinical applications of fetal sex determination in maternal blood in a preimplantation genetic diagnosis centreGerard Tachdjian
Service de Biologie et Génétique de la Reproduction, Hopital Antoine Beclere, 92140 Clamart, France
Hum Reprod 17:2183-6. 2002..Non-invasive procedures such as ultrasound examination allow reliable fetal sex determination only during the second trimester. Reliable fetal sex determination can now be realised by using SRY gene amplification in maternal blood...
- Isolated fetal hyperechogenic bowel associated with intra-uterine parvovirus B19 infectionJean Marie Jouannic
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hôpital Rothschild AP HP Paris XII, Paris, France
Fetal Diagn Ther 20:498-500. 2005..Fetal B19 infection should be systematically incorporated in the prenatal evaluation of isolated fetal hyperechogenic bowel...
- Real-time PCR coupled with automated DNA extraction and detection of galactomannan antigen in serum by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for diagnosis of invasive aspergillosisCatherine Costa
Laboratoire de Parasitologie-Mycologie and UMR BIPAR 956, , , France
J Clin Microbiol 40:2224-7. 2002..The LightCycler PCR assay, combined with automated DNA extraction, could be used in association with the GM assay to improve the reliability of IA diagnosis...
- New strategy for prenatal diagnosis of X-linked disordersJean-Marc Costa
N Engl J Med 346:1502. 2002
- Detection and identification of Leishmania species from clinical specimens by using a real-time PCR assay and sequencing of the cytochrome B geneFrançoise Foulet
Laboratoire de Parasitologie Mycologie, Hopital Henri Mondor, 51 Avenue du General Delattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
J Clin Microbiol 45:2110-5. 2007..This technique has the potential to significantly accelerate species-adapted therapeutic decisions regarding treatment of leishmaniasis...
- Comparison of microsatellite length polymorphism and multilocus sequence typing for DNA-Based typing of Candida albicansDea Garcia Hermoso
Centre National de Référence de Mycologie et des Antifongiques, Unité de Mycologie Moléculaire, CNRS URA 3012, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 45:3958-63. 2007..The two methods are similarly discriminatory and can be interchangeable depending on the objectives. MLP is less expensive and faster than MLST. However, MLST is currently more accurate and additional standardization is needed for MLP...
- Comments on "cytomegalovirus (CMV)-encoded UL144 (truncated tumor necrosis factor receptor) and outcome of congenital CMV infection"Olivier Picone
J Infect Dis 196:1719-20. 2007
- Quantitative real-time PCR assay for rapid identification of deletion carriers in hemophiliaCatherine Costa
Clin Chem 50:1269-70. 2004
- Use of real-time PCR to process the first galactomannan-positive serum sample in diagnosing invasive aspergillosisLaurence Millon
Laboratoire de Parasitologie Mycologie, Hopital Henri Mondor APHP and Universite Paris 12, 94010, France
J Clin Microbiol 43:5097-101. 2005..In contrast, a negative PCR on the first positive GM sample may argue for postponing costly antifungal administration until additional arguments for the diagnosis of IA are presented...
- Thirteen novel mutations in the factor VIII gene in the Nijmegen haemophilia A patient populationJorien Boekhorst
Department of Haematology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Haematol 131:109-17. 2005..In conclusion, the genotypic profile of our HA population was not different from others described and is suitable to study inhibitor formation...
- [Genetic polymorphism of cytomegalovirus strains responsible of congenital infections]Olivier Picone
Laboratoire de Virologie, , CHU Necker-Enfants Malades, 149, , 75015 Paris, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 52:534-9. 2004..Moreover, no link between short tandem repeats polymorphism and severity of congenital disease has been demonstrated. However, short tandem repeats analysis may be a powerful tool to study the epidemiology of CMV congenital infections...
- Fast and accurate quantitative detection of Helicobacter pylori and identification of clarithromycin resistance mutations in H. pylori isolates from gastric biopsy specimens by real-time PCRChristine Lascols
, Centre Hospitalo-Universitaire Henri-Mondor, , , , France
J Clin Microbiol 41:4573-7. 2003..5: the resistant population was detected by E-test but not by PCR. Our PCR assay is accurate for fast detection of H. pylori as well as of clarithromycin resistance and is also able to objectively determine bacterial density...
- Human cytomegalovirus UL144 gene polymorphisms in congenital infectionsOlivier Picone
Laboratoire de Virologie, , CHU Necker-Enfants-Malades, , 75015 Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 43:25-9. 2005..We concluded that determination of UL144 polymorphisms in cases of congenital infection is not relevant, since it is unlikely to help predict the outcome of the infection...
- Is fetal gender a risk factor for severe congenital cytomegalovirus infection?Olivier Picone
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, CHI Poissy St Germain, France
Prenat Diagn 25:34-8. 2005..7; OR = 2, IC [1.26-3.21]). In our cases, amniotic fluid CMV DNA load was not significantly higher in males than in females (p = 0.06) and was also similar in severely and non-severely infected fetuses (p = 0.09)...
- Human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) short tandem repeats analysis in congenital infectionOlivier Picone
J Clin Virol 32:254-6. 2005
- Detection and quantification of Mycoplasma genitalium in male patients with urethritisNicolas Dupin
Service de dermato vénéréologie, Hopital Cochin, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 37:602-5. 2003..Our results illustrate the usefulness of monitoring the M. genitalium load in evaluating the susceptibility of M. genitalium to antibacterial treatment...
- Towards a molecular diagnosis of invasive aspergillosis and disseminated candidosisStephane Bretagne
Laboratoire de Parasitologie Mycologie and UMR BIPAR 956, Hopital Henri Mondor, De Lattre de Tassigny, AP HP, Creteil, France
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 45:361-8. 2005..Additional studies of the kinetics of fungal DNA are needed. The development of real-time technology should improve our knowledge in order to give the clinicians informative clues for making a decision...
- Towards a nucleic acid-based diagnosis in clinical parasitology and mycologyStephane Bretagne
Laboratoire de Parasitologie Mycologie and UMR BIPAR 956, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Clin Chim Acta 363:221-8. 2006..However, the absence of standardized methods has led to discrepant results. As a consequence, these tests are not recognized as consensual diagnostic criteria...
- Multiplex allele-specific fluorescent PCR for haplotyping the IVS8 (TG)m(T)n locus in the CFTR geneCatherine Costa
Groupe Hospitalier Henri Mondor Albert Chenevier, AP HP, Laboratoire de Génétique Moléculaire et Unité Inserm U841, Creteil, France
Clin Chem 54:1564-7. 2008..Simple and accurate genotyping of both loci should thus be routinely offered in laboratories...