- Prior appendectomy and the phenotype and course of Crohn's diseaseJacques Cosnes
Service de Gastroenterologie et Nutrition, Hopital St Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg St Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
World J Gastroenterol 12:1235-42. 2006..To determine whether prior appendectomy modifies the phenotype and severity of Crohn's disease...
- Impact of the increasing use of immunosuppressants in Crohn's disease on the need for intestinal surgeryJ Cosnes
Service de Gastroenterologie et Nutrition, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg St Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Gut 54:237-41. 2005..The aim of this study was to assess the evolution of the need for surgery in Crohn's disease during the last 25 years...
- Tobacco and IBD: relevance in the understanding of disease mechanisms and clinical practiceJacques Cosnes
Service de Gastroenterologie et Nutrition, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 18:481-96. 2004..A large amount of supportive information, use of nicotine-replacement therapies and antidepressants, and individual counselling might aid the patient in quitting...
- Gender differences in the response of colitis to smokingJacques Cosnes
Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg St Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2:41-8. 2004..The aim of this study was to examine in parallel the effect of smoking on ulcerative colitis and Crohn's colitis and assess the effect of gender on the response of colitis to smoking...
- Usefulness of co-treatment with immunomodulators in patients with inflammatory bowel disease treated with scheduled infliximab maintenance therapyHarry Sokol
Gastroenterology and Nutrition Department, Saint Antoine Hospital, AP HP, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Gut 59:1363-8. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess whether IS co-treatment is useful in patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) on scheduled IFX infusions...
- Lymphoproliferative disorders in patients receiving thiopurines for inflammatory bowel disease: a prospective observational cohort studyLaurent Beaugerie
Department of Gastroenterology, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, Paris, France
Lancet 374:1617-25. 2009..Reports of an increased risk of lymphoproliferative disorders in patients receiving thiopurines for inflammatory bowel disease are controversial. We assessed this risk in a prospective observational cohort study...
- Epidemiology and natural history of inflammatory bowel diseasesJacques Cosnes
Service de Gastroenterologie et Nutrition, Hôpital St Antoine and Pierre et Marie Curie University Paris VI, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 140:1785-94. 2011..It has been proposed that only aggressive therapeutic approaches, based on treatment of early recurrent lesions in asymptomatic individuals, have a significant impact on progression of these chronic diseases...
- Risk factors for neoplasia in inflammatory bowel disease patients with pancolitisVivianne Bergeron
Service de Gastroenterologie et Nutrition, Hôpital Saint Antoine et Université Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS VI, Paris, France
Am J Gastroenterol 105:2405-11. 2010....
- Incidence of nodular regenerative hyperplasia in inflammatory bowel disease patients treated with azathioprinePhilippe Seksik
Pierre and Marie Curie University, Faculte de Medecine, AP HP, Department of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 17:565-72. 2011..The objective of this study was to evaluate the prevalence of NRH and its predictive factors in IBD patients treated with AZA...
- Long-term evolution of disease behavior of Crohn's diseaseJacques Cosnes
Service d hépatogastroentérologie et nutrition, Hopital Rothschild, Paris, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 8:244-50. 2002..Our aim was to assess the long-term evolution of the disease behavior of CD and to determine the predictive factors and prognostic implications of this evolution...
- Outcome of infants with celiac diseaseJean Jacques Baudon
Departement de Pediatrie, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:1097-102. 2005..Determine the proportion of infants whose celiac disease (CD) was confirmed in childhood and evaluate their prognosis in adulthood...
- [Medical treatment of chronic radiation enteritis]Didier Reijasse
, , Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:686-95. 2002
- Incidence of autoimmune diseases in celiac disease: protective effect of the gluten-free dietJacques Cosnes
Service de Gastroenterologie et Nutrition, Hôpital St Antoine and Université Pierre and Marie Curie, Paris, France
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:753-8. 2008..Celiac disease may be associated with autoimmune diseases. The aims of the present study were to determine in celiac patients which factors modulate the risk of autoimmune disease and to evaluate the effect of the gluten-free diet...
- Risk factors associated with small bowel adenocarcinoma in Crohn's disease: a case-control studyGaël Piton
Service de Gastroenterologie et Nutrition, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Besancon, France
Am J Gastroenterol 103:1730-6. 2008..It is well established that Crohn's disease (CD) is associated with an increased risk of small bowel adenocarcinoma (SBA). The data concerning SBA risk factors in CD are scanty. The aim of this study was to identify them...
- [Undiagnosed celiac disease in childhood]Jacques Cosnes
Service de Gastroenterologie et Nutrition, Hopital Rothschild, Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:616-23. 2002..This study was designed to assess the proportion of adult patients with celiac disease who had had undiagnosed symptoms during childhood and to determine the consequences of such diagnostic delay...
- Smoking, physical activity, nutrition and lifestyle: environmental factors and their impact on IBDJacques Cosnes
Service de Gastroenterologie et Nutrition, Hopital St Antoine, Paris, France
Dig Dis 28:411-7. 2010..In total, adhering to four simple lifestyle factors - never smoking, physical activity, prudent diet and body mass index <25 - may have a strong impact both on the prevention of major chronic diseases and on the course of IBD...
- [Refractory proctitis]Philippe Seksik
, , Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:393-7. 2007
- Predictive factors of response of perianal Crohn's disease to azathioprine or 6-mercaptopurineThierry Lecomte
, , Paris, France
Dis Colon Rectum 46:1469-75. 2003..Patients aged 40 years or older with a recent perianal disease and without fistula were the best responders...
- Methylation tolerance due to an O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) field defect in the colonic mucosa: an initiating step in the development of mismatch repair-deficient colorectal cancersMagali Svrcek
Equipe Instabilité des Microsatellites et Cancers, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris Cedex, France
Gut 59:1516-26. 2010..It was therefore hypothesised that an MGMT field defect may constitute a preneoplastic event for the development of MMR-deficient tumours displaying microsatellite instability (MSI)...
- Specific clinical and biological features characterize inflammatory bowel disease associated colorectal cancers showing microsatellite instabilityMagali Svrcek
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 25:4231-8. 2007..We investigated a large series of IBD-N for associations between MSI and several biologic and clinical parameters related to tumors, patients, and their treatment...
- Disease activity and cancer risk in inflammatory bowel disease associated with primary sclerosing cholangitisHarry Sokol
Gastroenterology and Nutrition Department, Hospital Saint Antoine 184, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, Cedex 12, Paris 75571, France
World J Gastroenterol 14:3497-503. 2008..To investigate the phenotype of inflammatory bowel disease associated with primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC-IBD)...
- Predictive factors of response to cyclosporine in steroid-refractory ulcerative colitisWulfran Cacheux
Department of Gastroenterology, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Saint Antoine Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Gastroenterol 103:637-42. 2008..However, the individual's response to cyclosporine is poorly predictable. The aim of this study was to identify predictive factors of the response to cyclosporine in steroid-refractory UC...
- [Intercurrent Klebsiella oxytoca colitis in a patient with Crohn's disease]Aurelie Plessier
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:799-800. 2002
- Epstein-Barr virus viral load in Crohn's disease: effect of immunosuppressive therapyDidier Reijasse
Department of Gastroenterology, Saint-Antoine University, Paris, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 10:85-90. 2004..However, some patients with Crohn's disease have transient, very high EBV-VL values that are compatible with an increased risk of NHL in the transplant setting. The long-term clinical outcome of these patients must be determined...
- [Mycophenolate mofetil in refractory Crohn's disease after failure of treatments by azathioprine or methotrexate]Samira Hafraoui
, , Lille, Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:17-22. 2002..CONCLUSION: In this short cohort of 20 patients with refractory CD, either intolerant or non responder to AZA or MTX, treatment with MMF resulted in only 20% of success. Intolerance to MMF was observed in 25% of patients...
- Crohn's disease over 20 years after diagnosis in a referral populationIsabelle Etienney
, , Paris
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:1233-9. 2004..An ileal or colic adenocarcinoma was noted in 6 (3.4%) patients. CONCLUSIONS: Crohn's disease activity does not burn out with time, and roughly one-quarter of the patients had active disease 20 years after diagnosis...
- Intestinal perforation in Crohn's disease. Factors predictive of surgical resectionHélène Brihier
Service de Gastroentérologie et Nutrition et Service de Chirurgie, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:1105-11. 2005..New medical therapeutic options challenge the usual surgical management of Crohn's disease patients with intestinal perforation...
- [Chronic diarrhoea]Isabelle Nion-Larmurier
, , 75012 Paris
Rev Prat 57:1121-8. 2007
- [Post operative care]Luc Gambiez
Service de chirurgie digestive et transplantation, , 59034 Lille
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:1005-30. 2004
- Is perianal Crohn's disease associated with intestinal fistulization?David B Sachar
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York 10029 6574, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 100:1547-9. 2005..The question, therefore, remains open as to whether or not there is truly an association between perianal fistulization and intraabdominal intestinal fistulization in CD...
- Small bowel adenocarcinoma in patients with Crohn's disease compared with small bowel adenocarcinoma de novoVanessa Palascak-Juif
, , France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 11:828-32. 2005..It arises from longstanding ileal inflammation and is difficult to diagnose. SBA cumulative risk increases after 10 years of CD and is likely to cause premature mortality in patients with early-onset CD...
- Significance of erythema nodosum and pyoderma gangrenosum in inflammatory bowel diseases: a cohort study of 2402 patientsDavid Farhi
Department of Dermatology, Hopital Tenon, AP HP, Paris, France
Medicine (Baltimore) 87:281-93. 2008..07). In conclusion, neither erythema nodosum nor pyoderma gangrenosum was significantly associated with the severity criteria in IBD; however, their occurrence may reflect a peculiar phenotype among affected patients...
- Predictors of Crohn's diseaseLaurent Beaugerie
Department of Gastroenterology, Saint Antoine Hospital, and Pierre et Marie Curie University, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 130:650-6. 2006..Early intensive therapy in Crohn's disease should be considered only in patients with disabling disease. The aim of our study was to identify at diagnosis factors predictive of a subsequent 5-year disabling course...
- A nutritional support team in the pediatric intensive care unit: changes and factors impeding appropriate nutritionCecile Lambe
Réanimation Pédiatrique, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, APHP, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Clin Nutr 26:355-63. 2007....
- Erythema nodosum-like eruption as a manifestation of azathioprine hypersensitivity in patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseAnne Laure de Fonclare
Department of Dermatology, Hopital Tenon, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Arch Dermatol 143:744-8. 2007..Clinical manifestations of hypersensitivity to azathioprine may mimic symptoms of the initial disease. We report 5 cases of peculiar skin hypersensitivity reactions to azathioprine in patients with inflammatory bowel disease...
- Multidrug resistance gene-1 polymorphisms and resistance to cyclosporine A in patients with steroid resistant ulcerative colitisFady Daniel
Department of Gastroenterology, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 13:19-23. 2007..This study aimed to establish whether multidrug resistance gene (MDR)1 polymorphisms would be associated with CsA failure...