- Two-levels of mental states attribution: from automaticity to voluntarinessGiorgio Coricelli
Institut des Sciences Cognitives, CNRS 67, Boulevard Pinel 69675, Bron, France
Neuropsychologia 43:294-300. 2005..It is based on intentionality, empathy, and higher depths of reasoning. The activities in both levels are generated by internal simulative mechanisms. This hypothesis is based on human and nonhuman neuroscientific evidence...
- Brain, emotion and decision making: the paradigmatic example of regretGiorgio Coricelli
Neuropsychology Group, Institut des Sciences Cognitives, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 67 Boulevard Pinel, 69675 Bron, France
Trends Cogn Sci 11:258-65. 2007..Moreover, affective consequences can induce specific mechanisms of cognitive control of the choice processes, involving reinforcement or avoidance of the experienced behavior...
- Neural correlates of depth of strategic reasoning in medial prefrontal cortexGiorgio Coricelli
Cognitive Neuroscience Centre, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Bron, Lyon, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:9163-8. 2009..This supports a cognitive hierarchy model of human brain and behavior...
- Medial prefrontal cortex and striatum mediate the influence of social comparison on the decision processNadège Bault
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 5229, 69675 Bron, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:16044-9. 2011..These results show that interplay between reward and social reasoning networks mediates the influence of social comparison on the decision process...
- Regret and its avoidance: a neuroimaging study of choice behaviorGiorgio Coricelli
Neuropsychology Group, Institut des Sciences Cognitives, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 67 Boulevard Pinel 69675, Bron, France
Nat Neurosci 8:1255-62. 2005..These results demonstrate that medial orbitofrontal cortex modulates the gain of adaptive emotions in a manner that may provide a substrate for the influence of high-level emotions on decision making...
- Counterfactual thinking and emotions: regret and envy learningGiorgio Coricelli
Institut des Sciences Cognitives, Centre de Neuroscience Cognitive, CNRS UMR5229, Universit Lyon1, 67, Blv Pinel 69675 Bron, France
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 365:241-7. 2010..However, envy has a distinct social component, in that it adds the change in the social ranking that follows a difference in the outcomes. We study the theoretical foundation and the experimental test of this view...
- The involvement of the orbitofrontal cortex in the experience of regretNathalie Camille
Institut des Sciences Cognitives, CNRS, 67, Boulevard Pinel 69675 Bron, France
Science 304:1167-70. 2004..Patients with orbitofrontal cortical lesions, however, did not report regret or anticipate negative consequences of their choices. The orbitofrontal cortex has a fundamental role in mediating the experience of regret...
- The potential role of regret in the physician-patient relationship: insights from neuroeconomicsGiorgio Coricelli
Institut des Sciences Cognitives, Centre de Neurosciences Cognitives, Bron, France
Adv Health Econ Health Serv Res 20:85-97. 2008....
- Interdependent utilities: how social ranking affects choice behaviorNadège Bault
Institut des Sciences Cognitives, Centre de Neuroscience Cognitive, CNRS UMR5229, Université Lyon1, Bron, France
PLoS ONE 3:e3477. 2008..The relatively larger weight assigned to social gains strongly affects choices, inducing complementary behavior: faced with a weaker competitor, participants adopt a more risky and dominant behavior...