- Discrimination between Alzheimer disease, mild cognitive impairment, and normal aging by using automated segmentation of the hippocampusOlivier Colliot
Cognitive Neuroscience and Brain Imaging Laboratory, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UPR640 LENA, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Radiology 248:194-201. 2008....
- Multidimensional classification of hippocampal shape features discriminates Alzheimer's disease and mild cognitive impairment from normal agingEmilie Gerardin
UPMC Universite Paris 06, UMR 7225, UMR_S 975, Centre de Recherche de l Institut Cerveau Moelle CRICM, Paris, France
Neuroimage 47:1476-86. 2009..This new method may become a useful tool to assist in the diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease...
- Support vector machine-based classification of Alzheimer's disease from whole-brain anatomical MRIBenoît Magnin
UMR S 678, INSERM, Paris, France
Neuroradiology 51:73-83. 2009....
- Can voxel based morphometry, manual segmentation and automated segmentation equally detect hippocampal volume differences in acute depression?Loretxu Bergouignan
CNRS UMR, Emotion Center, Department of Psychiatry, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Neuroimage 45:29-37. 2009..Few studies used automated methods such as voxel-based morphometry (VBM) or automated segmentation that can overcome certain drawbacks of manual segmentation (essentially intra- and inter-rater variability and operator time consumption)...
- Diffeomorphic brain registration under exhaustive sulcal constraintsGuillaume Auzias
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la MoelleÉpinière, UMR S975 Paris, France
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 30:1214-27. 2011..Finally, we illustrate how the optimized alignment of cortical folds across subjects improves sensitivity in the detection of functional activations in a group-level analysis of neuroimaging data...
- Spatially regularized SVM for the detection of brain areas associated with stroke outcomeRémi Cuingnet
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, CNRS UMR 7225, INSERM UMR_S 975, Centre de Recherche de l Institut Cerveau Moelle CRICM, Paris, France
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 13:316-23. 2010..The proposed method showed that poor motor outcome is associated to changes in the corticospinal bundle and white matter tracts originating from the premotor cortex. Standard mass univariate analyses failed to detect any difference...
- Fully automatic hippocampus segmentation and classification in Alzheimer's disease and mild cognitive impairment applied on data from ADNIMarie Chupin
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, CNRS, UMR S7225, Paris, France
Hippocampus 19:579-87. 2009..The classification proved accurate: 76% of the patients with AD and 71% of the MCI converting to AD before 18 months were correctly classified with respect to the elderly controls, using only hippocampal volume...
- The amnestic syndrome of hippocampal type in Alzheimer's disease: an MRI studyMarie Sarazin
CRICM UPMC Inserm UMR 975 Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital, Paris, France
J Alzheimers Dis 22:285-94. 2010..In AD, the FCSRT may be considered as a useful clinical marker of memory disorders due to medial temporal damage, specially the CA1 field of the hippocampus...
- Automatic classification of patients with Alzheimer's disease from structural MRI: a comparison of ten methods using the ADNI databaseRémi Cuingnet
UPMC Universite Paris 6, UMR 7225, UMR_S 975, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle épinière CRICM, Paris, France
Neuroimage 56:766-81. 2011..DARTEL significantly improved six out of 20 classification experiments and led to lower results in only two cases. Overall, the use of feature selection did not improve the performance but substantially increased the computation times...
- Distinct patterns of antiamyloid-β antibodies in typical and atypical Alzheimer diseaseGuillaume Dorothee
INSERM, UMRS938, St Antoine Hospital, Paris, France
Arch Neurol 69:1181-5. 2012..To compare serum antiamyloid-β (Aβ) antibodies in typical and atypical Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- Is hippocampal volume a good marker to differentiate Alzheimer's disease from frontotemporal dementia?Leonardo Cruz de Souza
CRicm, UPMC Univ Paris 06, INSERM, UMR S 678, Paris, France
J Alzheimers Dis 36:57-66. 2013..However, these studies did not include patients selected according to clinico-biological criteria, using pathophysiological biomarkers...
- CSF tau markers are correlated with hippocampal volume in Alzheimer's diseaseLeonardo C de Souza
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de Moelle épinière, UMR S975, Paris, France
Neurobiol Aging 33:1253-7. 2012..The CSF tau and P-tau levels, but not the CSF Aβ(42) level, correlated with HV, suggesting that CSF tau markers reflect the neuronal loss associated with the physiopathological process of AD...
- DISCO: a coherent diffeomorphic framework for brain registration under exhaustive sulcal constraintsGuillaume Auzias
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, UMR 7225, UMRS 975, Centre de Recherche de l Institut Cerveau Moelle CRICM, Paris, France
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 12:730-8. 2009..DISCO was evaluated through a group of 20 individual brains. Quantitative and qualitative indices attest how this approach may improve both alignment of sulcal folds and overlay of gray and white matter volumes at the group level...
- Tissue at risk in the deep middle cerebral artery territory is critical to stroke outcomeCharlotte Rosso
AP HP, Urgences Cérébro Vasculaires, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Neuroradiology 53:763-71. 2011..However, the efficacy could also be explained by the protection of specific sites of the brain. Here, we investigate where is this outcome-related tissue at risk using voxel-based analysis...
- Distinct structural changes underpin clinical phenotypes in patients with Gilles de la Tourette syndromeYulia Worbe
Centre d Investigation Clinique INSERM CIC 9503, Fédération des Maladies du Système Nerveux, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, AssistancePublique Hôpitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Brain 133:3649-60. 2010....
- Contrast-based fully automatic segmentation of white matter hyperintensities: method and validationThomas Samaille
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epiniere, UMR S975, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e48953. 2012..87-0.91 for kNN; 0.89-0.94 for SVM. Mean SI: 0.63-0.71 for kNN, 0.67-0.72 for SVM), and did not need any training set...
- The clinical and anatomical heterogeneity of environmental dependency phenomenaJulien Lagarde
AP HP, Department of Neurology, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Neurol 260:2262-70. 2013..Within this large network, grasping and imitation behaviors can be dissociated from both neuropsychological and anatomical standpoints, underlining the clinical and anatomical heterogeneity of environmental dependency phenomena. ..
- Explicit incorporation of prior anatomical information into a nonrigid registration of thoracic and abdominal CT and 18-FDG whole-body emission PET imagesOscar Camara
TSI Department, Ecole Nationale Superieure des Telecommunications, CNRS UMR 5141, Paris, France
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 26:164-78. 2007..We have applied the proposed methodology to 38 sets of images (33 provided by standalone machines and five by hybrid systems) and an assessment protocol has been developed to furnish a qualitative evaluation of the algorithm performance...
- Fully automatic segmentation of the hippocampus and the amygdala from MRI using hybrid prior knowledgeMarie Chupin
Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy, ION, UCL, London, UK
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 10:875-82. 2007..001) for Hc and from 81% to 84% (p < 0.002) for Am, with equivalent improvements in volume error...
- On the ternary spatial relation "between"Isabelle Bloch
McConnell Brain Imaging Center, MNI, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3A2B4, Canada
IEEE Trans Syst Man Cybern B Cybern 36:312-27. 2006..Moreover, the definitions capture the intrinsic imprecision attached to this relation. The main proposed definitions are illustrated on real data from medical images...
- In vivo profiling of focal cortical dysplasia on high-resolution MRI with computational modelsOlivier Colliot
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery and McConnell Brain Imaging Center, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Epilepsia 47:134-42. 2006..Our purpose was to investigate the pattern of occurrence of abnormal MRI characteristics in FCD by using a set of computational models and to generate quantitative lesion profiling...