- Suitability of the Clinical Dementia Rating-Sum of Boxes as a single primary endpoint for Alzheimer's disease trialsNicola Coley
University of Toulouse III, France
Alzheimers Dement 7:602-610.e2. 2011..We evaluated the psychometric properties of the Clinical Dementia Rating-Sum of Boxes (CDR-SB) to assess its suitability as a single primary endpoint as an alternative to the traditional co-primary approach...
- Dementia prevention: methodological explanations for inconsistent resultsNicola Coley
INSERM unit 558, Toulouse, France
Epidemiol Rev 30:35-66. 2008..Because of the multifactorial origin of dementia, it appears that multidomain interventions could be a suitable candidate for preventive interventions, but designing such trials remains very challenging for researchers...
- How should we deal with missing data in clinical trials involving Alzheimer's disease patients?N Coley
INSERM U558 University of Toulouse III, F 31073, France
Curr Alzheimer Res 8:421-33. 2011..This work highlights the importance of considering the validity of the underlying hypotheses of methods used for handling missing data in AD trials...
- Long-term progression of Alzheimer's disease in patients under antidementia drugsSophie Gillette-Guyonnet
Department of Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Purpan University Hospital, Gerontopole Toulouse University Hospital, France
Alzheimers Dement 7:579-92. 2011..Data regarding the long-term disease progression outside of therapeutic trials are lacking. We examined the effects of standard of care for AD patients on the prognosis of the disease in a real-life study over a 4-year period...
- Predictive factors of discontinuation and switch of cholinesterase inhibitors in community-dwelling patients with Alzheimer's disease: a 2-year prospective, multicentre, cohort studyVirginie Gardette
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Toulouse University Hospital, Université de Toulouse UPS, INSERM U558, Gerontopole, Toulouse, France
CNS Drugs 24:431-42. 2010..There is a lack of data concerning the optimal drug treatment duration and the reasons for discontinuation, particularly outside the clinical trial setting...
- Predictive factors of attrition in a cohort of Alzheimer disease patients. The REAL.FR studyNicola Coley
INSERM, U558, University of Toulouse III, Toulouse, France
Neuroepidemiology 31:69-79. 2008..Attrition, i.e. patient dropout, can threaten the validity of results in longitudinal studies. The aim of this study was to identify patient and caregiver factors predictive of attrition in a cohort of Alzheimer disease (AD) patients...
- Improving care of older adults with dementia: description of 6299 hospitalizations over 11 years in a special acute care unitMaria E Soto
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Gérontopôle de Toulouse, Toulouse University Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Am Med Dir Assoc 13:486.e1-6. 2012..To describe hospitalizations in a Special Acute Care inpatient Unit for older adults with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and other related disorders...
- Effectiveness of a specific care plan in patients with Alzheimer's disease: cluster randomised trial (PLASA study)Fati Nourhashemi
Gerontopole, CMRR, Toulouse, France
BMJ 340:c2466. 2010..To test the effectiveness of a comprehensive specific care plan in decreasing the rate of functional decline in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease compared with usual care in memory clinics...
- Long-term use of standardised Ginkgo biloba extract for the prevention of Alzheimer's disease (GuidAge): a randomised placebo-controlled trialBruno Vellas
INSERM U1027, Toulouse, France
Lancet Neurol 11:851-9. 2012..We aimed to assess efficacy of long-term use of standardised ginkgo biloba extract for the reduction of incidence of Alzheimer's disease in elderly adults with memory complaints...
- Cardiovascular disease risk factors and progression of Alzheimer's diseaseGabor Abellan van Kan
INSERM U558, Department of Geriatric Medicine, CHU Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 27:240-6. 2009..To assess if cardiovascular disease risk factors (CVDRF) are predictive factors for poorer evolution of Alzheimer's disease (AD) patients in terms of cognitive decline...
- Disease modifying trials in Alzheimer's disease: perspectives for the futureBruno Vellas
Gerontopole, CHU Toulouse, Department of Geriatric Medicine, Toulouse, France
J Alzheimers Dis 15:289-301. 2008....
- GuidAge study: a 5-year double blind, randomised trial of EGb 761 for the prevention of Alzheimer's disease in elderly subjects with memory complaints. i. rationale, design and baseline dataSandrine Andrieu
INSERM, U558, F 31073, Toulouse, France
Curr Alzheimer Res 5:406-15. 2008..5% presented a CDR score of 0.5. This study will enable us to evaluate the efficacy of EGb761 in the prevention of AD, and to assess the usefulness of various baseline characteristics as predictors of conversion to AD in this population...
- Methodological issues in primary prevention trials for neurodegenerative dementiaSandrine Andrieu
INSERM U558, Toulouse, France
J Alzheimers Dis 16:235-70. 2009..Future trials must therefore carefully consider the target population, outcomes and duration of follow-up to be used, and should assess the problem of attrition...
- Endpoints for trials in Alzheimer's disease: a European task force consensusBruno Vellas
INSERM U558, Toulouse, France
Lancet Neurol 7:436-50. 2008..A clear and consensual definition of endpoints is crucial for the success of further clinical trials in the field and will allow comparison of data across studies...