Genomes and Genes
- Adipose tissue transcriptomic signature highlights the pathological relevance of extracellular matrix in human obesityCorneliu Henegar
INSERM, UMR S 872, Les Cordeliers, Eq, 7 Nutriomique and Eq, 13, Paris, F 75006 France
Genome Biol 9:R14. 2008..However, the overall importance of these alterations, and their long-term impact on the metabolic functions of the WAT and on its morphology, remain unclear...
- Implication of the Pro12Ala polymorphism of the PPAR-gamma 2 gene in type 2 diabetes and obesity in the French populationMaya Ghoussaini
CNRS UMR 8090, Institute of Biology of Lille, Pasteur Institute, Lille, France
BMC Med Genet 6:11. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact of this SNP with regards to T2D and childhood and adult obesity in the French Caucasian population...
- Genetics of human obesityKarine Clement
INSERM Avenir, Paris, EA3502 and Paris 6 University, Nutrition Department, Hotel Dieu Hospital, France
Proc Nutr Soc 64:133-42. 2005..Finally, the tremendous progress in biocomputing will allow the integration of these different types of data (relating to environment, phenotype, genotype, gene expression) and will improve the ability to deal with this complex disease...
- Regulation of inflammation-related genes in human adipose tissueK Clement
INSERM, U872 Nutriomique, Paris, France
J Intern Med 262:422-30. 2007..e. cathepsins and serum amyloid A) is discussed in the context of weight loss programmes based on calorie restriction and physical exercise. The foreseen clinical and technological challenges are also summarized...
- The Pro115Gln and Pro12Ala PPAR gamma gene mutations in obesity and type 2 diabetesK Clement
Laboratoire de Nutrition et Service de Médecine et Nutrition, Hôtel Dieu place du Parvis Notre Dame, Paris, France
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 24:391-3. 2000....
- Weight loss regulates inflammation-related genes in white adipose tissue of obese subjectsKarine Clement
INSERM Avenir Paris 6 University, EA 3502, Nutrition Department, AP HP, Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
FASEB J 18:1657-69. 2004..The beneficial effect of weight loss on obesity-related complications may be associated with the modification of the inflammatory profile in adipose tissue...
- Adipose tissue gene expression in patients with a loss of function mutation in the leptin receptorK Clement
Equipe d Accueil 3502 Université Paris VI et Service de Nutrition, Hotel Dieu, Formation Associee Claude Bernard, France
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:1533-8. 2002..Leptin receptor loss of function is a unique way to explore the role of leptin in the regulation of adipose tissue...
- Cathepsin S genotypes are associated with Apo-A1 and HDL-cholesterol in lean and obese French populationsN Spielmann
INSERM, Nutriomique U872, Paris, France Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, UMR S 872, Paris, France
Clin Genet 74:155-63. 2008..03). These results provide the first evidence that CTSS sequence variations are associated with two human metabolic risk factors for cardiovascular diseases: plasma Apo-A1 and HDL-C concentrations...
- Soluble leptin receptor in serum of subjects with complete resistance to leptin: relation to fat massN Lahlou
Unit 342, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, and the Department of Biochemistry, Hopital Saint Vincent de Paul, Paris, France
Diabetes 49:1347-52. 2000..This finding suggests that the leptin receptor itself may not be specifically involved in the control of leptin secretion, and it supports the concept of relative resistance to leptin in common obesity...
- Microarray profiling of human white adipose tissue after exogenous leptin injectionS Taleb
Nutriomique U755, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Hotel Dieu, Les Codeliers, 75004 Paris, France
Eur J Clin Invest 36:153-63. 2006..Leptin is a secreted adipocyte hormone that plays a key role in the regulation of body weight homeostasis. The leptin effect on human white adipose tissue (WAT) is still debated...
- [Genetics of human obesity]C Lubrano-Berthelier
INSERM Avenir, Paris EA3502, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris VI, France
Rev Med Interne 26:802-11. 2005....
- Mutational analysis of melanocortin-4 receptor, agouti-related protein, and alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone genes in severely obese childrenB Dubern
Medicine and Nutrition Department, Hôtel Dieu Teaching Hospital, Paris, France
J Pediatr 139:204-9. 2001..To search for mutations in melanocortin pathway elements, that is, the melanocortin-4 receptor (MC4R ), agouti-related protein (AGRP ), and (alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone (alpha MSH ) genes in children with severe obesity...
- Additive effect of A-->G (-3826) variant of the uncoupling protein gene and the Trp64Arg mutation of the beta 3-adrenergic receptor gene on weight gain in morbid obesityK Clement
Department de Nutrition, Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 20:1062-6. 1996....
- Is obesity an inflammatory illness? Role of low-grade inflammation and macrophage infiltration in human white adipose tissueR Cancello
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U755 Nutriomique, Paris, France
BJOG 113:1141-7. 2006..The interactions of macrophages with adipocytes will certainly be the subject of intense investigations in the future...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms of protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B gene are associated with obesity in morbidly obese French subjectsS Kipfer-Coudreau
INSERM Avenir and EA 3502, Nutrition Department, Paris VI University, Paris, France
Diabetologia 47:1278-84. 2004..We investigated whether PTP 1B SNPs are associated with obesity and obesity-related traits as well as global metabolic syndrome in morbidly obese subjects...
- Human adipocyte function is impacted by mechanical cuesV Pellegrinelli
INSERM, UMR S 1166, Nutriomics Team, Paris, France Sorbonne Universités, UPMC University of Paris 06, UMR S 1166, iCAN, Paris, France
J Pathol 233:183-95. 2014..Mutation of TEAD binding sites abolished the dMAT-induced promoter activity. In conclusion, fibrosis may negatively affect human adipocyte function via mechanosensitive molecules, in part stimulated by cell deformation...
- Promoter adiponectin polymorphisms and waist/hip ratio variation in a prospective French adults studyG Dolley
INSERM, U872, Nutriomique team 7, Cordelier Research Center, Paris, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 32:669-75. 2008..Some of these adiponectin polymorphisms have been associated with BMI in cross-sectional studies...
- Using gene expression to predict the secretome of differentiating human preadipocytesD M Mutch
INSERM, UMRS U872 Eq 7 Nutriomique, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Paris, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 33:354-63. 2009..To characterize the secretome of differentiating human preadipocytes using global gene expression profiling...
- A mutation in the human leptin receptor gene causes obesity and pituitary dysfunctionK Clement
Laboratoire de Nutrition et Service de Médecine et Nutrition, Hôtel Dieu place du Parvis Notre Dame, Paris, France
Nature 392:398-401. 1998..These results indicate that leptin is an important physiological regulator of several endocrine functions in humans...
- [Inflammation, adipokines and obesity]K Clement
Service de Nutrition, pôle d endocrinologie, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, U872 équipe 7, INSERM, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, 75006 Paris, France
Rev Med Interne 30:824-32. 2009..A small or even moderate reduction of weight significantly reduces circulating inflammatory markers, modulates adipose tissue profile of inflammatory genes and the risks associated with obesity...
- Comparison of body composition, basal metabolic rate and metabolic outcomes of adults with Prader Willi syndrome or lesional hypothalamic disease, with primary obesityC Lloret-Linares
1 Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Hopital Lariboisiere, Unit of Therapeutic Research, Department of Internal Medicine, Paris, France 2 INSERM U705, CNRS UMR 8206, Neuropsychopharmacology of Drug Addiction, Faculty of Pharmacy, University Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 37:1198-203. 2013..The care of patients with hypothalamic obesity is challenging...
- Relevance of increased serum cystatin C to vascular alterations in obese childrenB Dubern
Institute of Cardiometabolism and Nutrition, Paris, France INSERM, Paris, France
Pediatr Obes 7:374-81. 2012..Epidemiological studies report a positive relationship between serum cystatin C and cardiovascular outcomes in adults. Here, we tested the relevance of cystatin C as a biomarker for early vascular alterations in severely obese children...
- [Monogenic forms of obesity: from mice to human]K Clement
HHMI Stanford University, Beckman Center RM B281, 270, Campus Drive, Stanford, CA, USA
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 61:39-49. 2000..More generally, these researches into human obesity have opened new exciting understandings in some of the pathways regulating body fat mass...
- Bariatric surgery, adipose tissue and gut microbiotaK Clement
Cardiometabolism Division, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 35:S7-15. 2011..Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery is an increasingly effective model to study in this context because it leads to major improvements in glucose and lipid homeostasis and to the amelioration of some systemic inflammatory markers...
- Serum amyloid A: production by human white adipocyte and regulation by obesity and nutritionC Poitou
Department of Nutrition and Biochemistry, French Institute of Health and Medical Research Avenir, EA 3502, Paris VI University, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Paris, France
Diabetologia 48:519-28. 2005..In the present study a series of histopathological, cellular and gene expression studies was performed to assess the importance of SAA in common obesity and its possible production by mature adipocytes...
- Gut microbiota and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: new insightsJ Aron-Wisnewsky
Institute of Cardio metabolism and Nutrition APHP, Pitié Salpétrière Hospital and Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine Ile de France, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 19:338-48. 2013..All of these factors are molecular mechanisms by which the microbiota can induce NAFLD or its progression toward overt non-alcoholic steatohepatitis...
- Architecture and the extracellular matrix: the still unappreciated components of the adipose tissueA Divoux
INSERM, U872, Nutriomique team 7, Paris, France
Obes Rev 12:e494-503. 2011..We conclude this review with possible hypotheses regarding the cellular and molecular contributors of fibrosis initiation...
- Leptin and the genetics of obesityK Clement
Laboratoire de Nutrition, Hotel Dieu de Paris, Paris, France
Acta Paediatr Suppl 88:51-7. 1999..This review focuses on the recent molecular findings that have indicated a putative role for the leptin axis in human obesity...
- Close linkage of glucokinase locus on chromosome 7p to early-onset non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusP Froguel
Centre d Etude du Polymorphisme Humain, Paris, France
Nature 356:162-4. 1992..Because glucokinase is a key enzyme of blood glucose homeostasis, these results are evidence that a gene involved in glucose metabolism could be implicated in the pathogenesis of NIDDM...
- A frameshift mutation in human MC4R is associated with a dominant form of obesityC Vaisse
Nat Genet 20:113-4. 1998
- Mutation screening of the urocortin gene: identification of new single nucleotide polymorphisms and association studies with obesity in French CaucasiansJ Delplanque
Institute of Biology, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 8090 and University Hospital, Pasteur Institute of Lille, F 59019 Lille, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:867-9. 2002..Thus, our analyses of the genetic variations of the UCN gene suggest that, at least in French Caucasians, they do not represent a major cause of obesity...