- AIDS 2002. Virology: overviewFrancois Clavel
Laboratoire de Recherche Antivirale, IMEA INSERM, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
AIDS 16:S1-2. 2002
- HIV drug resistanceFrancois Clavel
Unité de Recherche Antivirale, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 552, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris
N Engl J Med 350:1023-35. 2004
- Predictive values of the human immunodeficiency virus phenotype and genotype and of amprenavir and lopinavir inhibitory quotients in heavily pretreated patients on a ritonavir-boosted dual-protease-inhibitor regimenAurélie Barrail-Tran
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Bicetre, Service de Pharmacie Clinique, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1642-6. 2008..High amprenavir and lopinavir concentrations in these patients might explain why plasma concentrations and the phenotypic IQ have poor predictive value...
- Lamivudine and indinavir/ritonavir maintenance therapy in highly pretreated HIV-infected patients (Vista ANRS 109)Odile Launay
Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris Descartes, Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Cochin, AP HP, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 11:889-99. 2006..We hypothesized that this delay period could be based on a simplified treatment, which would reduce drug toxicity, stabilize resistance, and prevent resurgence of wild-type virus...
- Low genetic barrier to large increases in HIV-1 cross-resistance to protease inhibitors during salvage therapyLaurence Morand-Joubert
AP HP, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 11:143-54. 2006....
- Phenotypic or genotypic resistance testing for choosing antiretroviral therapy after treatment failure: a randomized trialJean Luc Meynard
INSERM SC4, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
AIDS 16:727-36. 2002..To assess the respective value of phenotype versus genotype versus standard of care for choosing antiretroviral therapy in patients failing protease inhibitor-containing regimens...
- Impact of insertions in the HIV-1 p6 PTAPP region on the virological response to amprenavirStephane Lastere
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 9:221-7. 2004..In conclusion, these results suggest that insertions in the p6 region of HIV-1 gag gene may affect the VR, in highly pre-treated patients receiving an unboosted APV-containing regimen...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 variants isolated from single plasma samples display a wide spectrum of neutralization sensitivityKatharina Skrabal
INSERM U552 Recherche Antivirale, Paris, France
J Virol 79:11848-57. 2005..The order of sensitivity depended on the serum used and was not associated with virus tropism. The neutralization potency of sera increased with the duration of the infection for both autologous and heterologous neutralization...
- Role of minority populations of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 in the evolution of viral resistance to protease inhibitorsCharlotte Charpentier
INSERM U552, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, 75018 Paris, France
J Virol 78:4234-47. 2004....
- Quantification of the effects on viral DNA synthesis of reverse transcriptase mutations conferring human immunodeficiency virus type 1 resistance to nucleoside analoguesFrancine Bouchonnet
INSERM U 552, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, 46, rue Henri Huchard, 750918 Paris, France
J Virol 79:812-22. 2005....
- Impact of antiretroviral treatment on the tropism of HIV-1 plasma virus populationsKatharina Skrabal
INSERM U 552, Recherche Antivirale, Paris, France
AIDS 17:809-14. 2003..To study the impact of antiretroviral therapy on the tropism of plasma HIV-1 virus populations during treatment response and virological escape...
- Hypermutation of HIV-1 DNA in the absence of the Vif proteinDenise Lecossier
INSERM U552, Paris, France
Science 300:1112. 2003
- Salvage therapy with amprenavir, lopinavir and ritonavir 200 mg/d or 400 mg/d in HIV-infected patients in virological failureGilles Raguin
Service de Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 9:615-25. 2004....
- Detection of minority populations of HIV-1 expressing the K103N resistance mutation in patients failing nevirapineDenise Lecossier
INSERM U552, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 38:37-42. 2005..These findings support the idea that minority viral populations with distinct resistance genotypes, although undetectable by standard genotyping, can contribute to the failure of salvage regimens...
- Functional diversity of HIV-1 envelope proteins expressed by contemporaneous plasma virusesTamara Nora
Unité de Recherche Antivirale, INSERM U 552, Universite Denis Diderot Paris 7, Paris F 75018, France
Retrovirology 5:23. 2008..Less information is available concerning the extent that envelope sequence diversity translates into a diversity of phenotypic properties, including infectivity and resistance to entry inhibitors...
- Synergistic inhibition of protease-inhibitor-resistant HIV type 1 by saquinavir in combination with atazanavir or lopinavirElisabeth Dam
VIRALLIANCE, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 12:371-80. 2007..Evidence of synergistic inhibition of wild-type HIV has been reported for saquinavir with atazanavir or lopinavir...
- Functional central polypurine tract provides downstream protection of the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 genome from editing by APOBEC3G and APOBEC3BSebastien Wurtzer
Unité de Recherche Antivirale, INSERM U552, Paris, France
J Virol 80:3679-83. 2006..Thus, in addition to other potential functions, the cPPT could help protect lentiviruses from editing by cytidine deaminases of the APOBEC family...
- Baseline susceptibility of primary human immunodeficiency virus type 1 to entry inhibitorsBeatrice Labrosse
INSERM U 552, Recherche Antivirale, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
J Virol 77:1610-3. 2003....
- Effect of cell cycle arrest on the activity of nucleoside analogues against human immunodeficiency virus type 1Sebastien Wurtzer
Unité de Recherche Antivirale, INSERM U552, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
J Virol 79:14815-21. 2005....
- In vivo selection by enfuvirtide of HIV type-1 env quasispecies with optimal potential for phenotypic expression of HR1 mutationsArmelle Goubard
INSERM U552, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 14:597-602. 2009....
- Clinically validated genotype analysis: guiding principles and statistical concernsFrancoise Brun-Vezinet
Hospital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 9:465-78. 2004....
- Predictors of the virological response to a change in the antiretroviral treatment regimen in HIV-1-infected patients enrolled in a randomized trial comparing genotyping, phenotyping and standard of care (Narval trial, ANRS 088)Muriel Vray
INSERM EMI 0214, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 8:427-34. 2003..To identify predictors of the virological response to antiretroviral therapy in patients in whom initial therapy has failed...
- Gag mutations strongly contribute to HIV-1 resistance to protease inhibitors in highly drug-experienced patients besides compensating for fitness lossElisabeth Dam
INSERM U552, Paris, France
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000345. 2009..Further compensatory mutations render viral RC independent of the A431V or I437V mutations while their effect on resistance persists...
- Role of the envelope genetic context in the development of enfuvirtide resistance in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected patientsBeatrice Labrosse
INSERM U552, Unité de Recherche Antivirale, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
J Virol 80:8807-19. 2006..Thus, the envelope genetic context appears to play a critical role in the selection of HR1 mutations and the expression of ENF resistance, thereby conditioning the evolution of HIV-1 under fusion inhibitor selective pressure...
- Salvage therapy with atazanavir/ritonavir combined to tenofovir in HIV-infected patients with multiple treatment failures: randomized ANRS 107 trialChristophe Piketty
Department of Immunology, Hôpital Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 11:213-21. 2006..Ritonavir (RTV)-boosted atazanavir (ATV) and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF-DF) are promising in highly experienced patients because of their pharmacokinetic profile, activity, safety and resistance properties...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1: resistance to nucleoside analogues and replicative capacity in primary human macrophagesDanielle Perez-Bercoff
Antiviral Research Unit, INSERM U552, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
J Virol 81:4540-50. 2007....
- Contribution of recombination to the evolution of human immunodeficiency viruses expressing resistance to antiretroviral treatmentTamara Nora
INSERM U 552, Universite Paris 7 Denis Diderot, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
J Virol 81:7620-8. 2007....
- Detection of extensive cross-neutralization between pandemic and seasonal A/H1N1 Influenza Viruses using a pseudotype neutralization assayBeatrice Labrosse
Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, Universite Paris Diderot, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e11036. 2010..In particular, the extent that previous infection or vaccination by seasonal A/H1N1 viruses can elicit protective immunity against pandemic A/H1N1 is unclear...
- HIV resistance to raltegravirFrancois Clavel
INSERM U941, Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Eur J Med Res 14:47-54. 2009....
- Enhancement of the influenza A hemagglutinin (HA)-mediated cell-cell fusion and virus entry by the viral neuraminidase (NA)Bin Su
INSERM U941, Génétique et Ecologie des Virus, Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, Hopital Saint Louis, Universite Paris Diderot Paris 7, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 4:e8495. 2009..In this study we have examined the impact of NA expression on influenza HA-mediated viral membrane fusion and virion infectivity...
- Delaying reverse transcription does not increase sensitivity of HIV-1 to human TRIM5αEmilie Battivelli
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U941, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e52434. 2013..It is unknown, however, if increasing the time available for capsid-hTRIM5α interactions would actually render viruses more sensitive to hTRIM5α...
- Pressure from TRIM5α Contributes to Control of HIV-1 Replication by Individuals Expressing Protective HLA-B AllelesClémence Granier
INSERM U941, Paris, France
J Virol 87:10368-80. 2013....
- Amprenavir inhibitory quotient and virological response in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients on an amprenavir-containing salvage regimen without or with ritonavirXavier Duval
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:570-4. 2002..03 to 0.70) and 7.0 (range, 1.4 to 145), respectively. At week 24, 2 of 8 and 13 of 14 patients in groups A and B, respectively, had <200 HIV RNA copies/ml of plasma, including 4 of 5 patients infected with APV-resistant viruses...
- Counteraction of tetherin antiviral activity by two closely related SIVs differing by the presence of a Vpu geneKristina Nikovics
INSERM U941, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e35411. 2012..denti and C. neglectus tetherins, resulting in a predominantly perinuclear localization...