Affiliation: CHU de Bordeaux
- Dynamic and rapid changes in viral quasispecies by UDPS in chronic hepatitis C patients receiving telaprevir-based therapyPascale Trimoulet
Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Antivir Ther 18:723-7. 2013..Telaprevir (TVR) is a protease inhibitor (PI) used in chronic hepatitis C treatment with pegylated interferon plus ribavirin. We analysed the prevalence and kinetic development of TVR resistance upon treatment...
- Epidemiological, virological and clinical characteristics of HBV infection in 223 HIV co-infected patients: a French multi-centre collaborative studyVincent Thibault
Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Virol J 10:87. 2013....
- Hepatitis C virus RNA quantitation in a nationwide French cohort of patients co-infected with HIV and HCV: should the same test be applied to all samples?Pascale Trimoulet
Laboratoire de Microbiologie Fondamentale et Pathogénicité UMR 5234, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU et Université Bordeaux Ségalen, Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
J Virol Methods 181:131-3. 2012..0001). This study shows that using the same assay in multicenter trials and cohorts is still relevant due to inter-assay differences observed in HCV plasma load measurements...
- Estimation of dynamical model parameters taking into account undetectable marker valuesRodolphe Thiebaut
INSERM E0338 Biostatistics, Bordeaux 2 University, Bordeaux, France
BMC Med Res Methodol 6:38. 2006..A method is proposed to take into account left-censored values for estimating parameters of non linear mixed models and its impact is demonstrated through a simulation study and an actual clinical trial of anti-HCV drugs...
- Predictive value of early HCV RNA quantitation for sustained response in nonresponders receiving daily interferon and ribavirin therapyPascale Trimoulet
Laboratoire de Virologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Med Virol 72:46-51. 2004..Nonresponse can be predicted as early as week 4 or week 12 in nonresponders treated with daily IFN and ribavirin...
- Hepatitis C virus (HCV) protease variability and anti-HCV protease inhibitor resistance in HIV/HCV-coinfected patientsP Trimoulet
Virology Laboratory, Bordeaux University Hospital, France
HIV Med 12:506-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to describe the natural prevalence of mutations conferring resistance to HCV PIs in HIV/HCV-coinfected patients compared with HCV-monoinfected patients...
- Hepatitis B virus genotypes: a retrospective survey in Southwestern France, 1999-2004Pascale Trimoulet
Laboratoire de virologie Hôpital Pellegrin, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:1088-94. 2007..To determine the prevalence of HBV genotypes in Southwestern France and the association between HBV genotypes and patients characteristics...
- Evaluation of the VERSANT HCV RNA 3.0 assay for quantification of hepatitis C virus RNA in serumPascale Trimoulet
Laboratoire de Virologie, Centre Hospitalier Régional et Université Victor Segalen, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
J Clin Microbiol 40:2031-6. 2002..03 to 0.14. The bDNA 3.0 assay results were positively correlated with the bDNA 2.0 assay results (r = 0.9533). Taking in account the overall performance, this assay could be used as a routine tool for the HCV RNA quantification...
- Intrahepatic HCV RNA loads in 37 HIV-HCV co-infected patients with controlled HIV infectionP Trimoulet
Laboratoire de Virologie, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire, Bordeaux, France
J Med Virol 67:143-51. 2002..The immune improvement associated with PI regimens could help reduce HCV load, supporting a protective effect of PI-induced immune restoration...
- Impact of protease inhibitors on intrahepatic hepatitis C virus viral loadD Neau
, Centre Hospitalo-Universitaire Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
AIDS 15:1736-8. 2001..However, a decrease in HCV plasma load was recently described in patients treated with HAART for a year [9,10]. We therefore investigated the potential impact of HAART on intrahepatic HCV load...
- The French national prospective cohort of patients co-infected with HIV and HCV (ANRS CO13 HEPAVIH): early findings, 2006-2010Marc Arthur Loko
INSERM, U897 and ISPED, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
BMC Infect Dis 10:303. 2010..The ANRS CO 13 HEPAVIH cohort was set up to explore these critical questions.To describe the cohort aims and organization, monitoring and data collection procedures, baseline characteristics, as well as follow-up findings to date...
- Impact of ribavirin plasma level on sustained virological response in patients treated with pegylated interferon and ribavirin for chronic hepatitis CD Breilh
Laboratoire de Pharmacocinétique et de Pharmacie Clinique EA2968, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 30:487-94. 2009..The main goal of therapy in hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection is to achieve a sustained virological response (SVR). However, the impact of the pharmacological properties of ribavirin on the SVR has not been fully investigated...
- Daily or three times a week interferon alfa-2b in combination with ribavirin or interferon alone for the treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis CVictor de Ledinghen
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Pessac, France
J Hepatol 36:672-80. 2002..We compared the efficacy and safety of daily interferon alfa-2b in combination with ribavirin with those of interferon alfa-2b three times a week alone or in combination with ribavirin...
- [Efficacy and safety of pegylated-interferon plus ribavirin in HIV-infected patients co-infected with hepatitis C virus in clinical practice: a 32 cases observational follow-up]M Seydi
Service de Medecine Interne et Maladies Infectieuses, Hôpital Saint André, 1, rue Jean Burguet, CHU de Bordeaux, 33075 Bordeaux cedex, France
Rev Med Interne 26:280-7. 2005..To describe efficacy and safety in clinical practice of pegylated interferon plus ribavirin (INFpeg-Riba) in the treatment of hepatitis C viral infection (HCV) in HIV infected patients...
- Changing of hepatitis C virus genotype patterns in France at the beginning of the third millenium: The GEMHEP GenoCII StudyC Payan
Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU Angers, France
J Viral Hepat 12:405-13. 2005..The modification of the HCV genotype pattern in France in the next 10 years may require new therapeutic strategies, and further survey studies...
- HIV and HCV co-infection: situation at six French university hospitals in the year 2000Claudine Buffet-Janvresse
Laboratoire de Virologie, Universite de Rouen, Rouen, France
J Med Virol 69:7-17. 2003..In conclusion, despite the difficulties in managing hepatitis C in HIV-infected patients, almost one-half of all patients in this study had received anti-HCV treatment...
- Epidemiological and phylogenetic evidence for patient-to-patient hepatitis C virus transmission during sclerotherapy of varicose veinsVictor de Ledinghen
Services d Hépato gastroentérologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Bordeaux, France
J Med Virol 76:279-84. 2005..The method by which infection was likely to have been transmitted was probably the use of a single vial for multiple patients. This study provides strong evidence that sclerotherapy of varicose veins is a risk factor for HCV infection...
- Influence of the HCV subtype on the virological response to pegylated interferon and ribavirin therapyFlorence Legrand-Abravanel
Laboratoire de Virologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Toulouse, France
J Med Virol 81:2029-35. 2009..0-2.5; P = 0.04) or subtypes 4a and 4d (OR: 2.03; 95% CI = 1.1-3.8; P = 0.03). In conclusion, among difficult-to-treat genotypes, the subtype 1a is associated with a lower response to anti-HCV therapy than subtypes 1b, 4a, and 4d...
- Hepatic steatosis in HIV-HCV coinfected patients in France: comparison with HCV monoinfected patients matched for body mass index and HCV genotypeL Castera
Department of Hepatology, Hopital Haut Leveque, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Bordeaux, Pessac, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 26:1489-98. 2007..Significance of steatosis in HIV-HCV coinfection remains controversial...
- Hepatitis C virus genetic variability in 52 human immunodeficiency virus-coinfected patientsDidier Neau
Virology Laboratory, University of Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
J Med Virol 71:41-8. 2003..In conclusion, in HIV-infected patients, HCV variability had no significant influence on virological response to anti-HCV treatment...
- Outbreak of hepatitis C virus infection during sclerotherapy of varicose veins: long-term follow-up of 196 patients (4535 patient-years)Victor de Ledinghen
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Haut Leveque, Pessac, France
J Hepatol 46:19-25. 2007....
- Daily or three times per week interferon alpha-2b in combination with ribavirin or interferon alone for the treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis C not responding to previous interferon aloneVictor de Ledinghen
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Hopital du Haut leveque, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
J Hepatol 36:819-26. 2002....
- Comparison of 2 regimens that include interferon-alpha-2a plus ribavirin for treatment of chronic hepatitis C in human immunodeficiency virus-coinfected patientsDidier Neau
Fédération des Maladies Infectieuses, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Clin Infect Dis 36:1564-71. 2003..In conclusion, the combination of conventional IFN-alpha-2a and ribavirin has poor virological efficacy in HCV-HIV-coinfected patients...
- Hepatitis E virus infection as a new probable cause of de novo membranous nephropathy after kidney transplantationB Taton
Nephrology Transplantation, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Transpl Infect Dis 15:E211-5. 2013..The chronology of the onset and remission of both diseases is highly suggestive of a causal relationship between hepatitis E and MN...
- PCR-detected hepatitis C virus RNA associated with human zona-intact oocytes collected from infected women for ARTA Papaxanthos-Roche
Laboratoire de Biologie de la Reproduction, maternité Pellegrin, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Hum Reprod 19:1170-5. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate the susceptibility of human oocytes from hepatitis C virus (HCV) RNA-positive women to HCV contamination during assisted reproductive technology (ART)...
- New molecular assays to predict occurrence of cytomegalovirus disease in renal transplant recipientsI Pellegrin
Laboratoire de Virologie, Centre Hospitalier Régional Hôpital Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33 076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Infect Dis 182:36-42. 2000..PBL assays appear to be more appropriate than plasma assays when pre-emptive therapy is required to prevent the rapid progression from the first detection of the virus to CMV disease...
- Seven nucleotide changes characteristic of the hepatitis C virus genotype 3 5' untranslated region: correlation with reduced in vitro replicationCyril Masante
UMR 5234 CNRS, IFR66, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146, rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Gen Virol 89:212-21. 2008..Nucleotides 13, 14 and 224 were found to be responsible for this effect. Moreover, a reduced replicative activity was confirmed ex vivo for genotype 3, but to a lesser extent than that observed in vitro, using an RNA minigenome...
- Fibrosis is worse in HIV-HCV patients with low-level immunodepression referred for HCV treatment than in HCV-matched patientsAnne Rullier
Department of Pathology, Bordeaux Hospital, Bordeaux, France
Hum Pathol 35:1088-94. 2004..Our data confirm the need to treat such patients against HCV, and suggest that HIV infection could favor fibrosis via the modulation of the intrahepatic immune response...
- Evolution of plasma hepatitis C virus load in patients coinfected by HIV and hepatitis C Virus started on a protease inhibitor-containing antiretroviral regimen, Agence Nationale de Recherches sur le SIDA CO8 APROCO-COPILOTE cohortDidier Neau
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 48:227-9. 2008
- Multicenter trials need to use the same assay for hepatitis C virus viral load determinationSyria Laperche
Centre National de Référence pour les Hépatites B et C en Transfusion, Département des Agents Transmissibles par le Sang, Institut National de la Transfusion Sanguine, 6 rue Alexandre Cabanel, 75015, Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 45:3788-90. 2007..This underlines the importance of using the same assay in multicenter studies or when monitoring antiviral therapy...
- Plasma and liver hepatitis C virus variability in patients coinfected with human immunodeficiency virusAnne Christine Jouvencel
Laboratoire de Virologie EA2968, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux, France
J Clin Microbiol 44:1877-80. 2006..In the patients coinfected with HIV, accumulated random mutations produced mostly nonsynonymous substitutions in contrast to the reduced HCV genetic variability seen after treatment...
- CD4 T lymphocyte proliferative responses to hepatitis C virus (HCV) antigens in patients coinfected with HCV and human immunodeficiency virus who responded to anti-HCV treatmentElisabeth Legrand
Virology Laboratory, Bordeaux 2 University, France
J Infect Dis 186:302-11. 2002..These findings suggest that HCV genotype may influence specific immune response, which, in turn, is implicated in virologic control...
- Anti-hepatitis B virus efficacy of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate in HIV-infected patientsYves Benhamou
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Hepatology 43:548-55. 2006..In conclusion, this retrospective analysis demonstrates the efficacy of TDF against wild-type, presumed precore mutants and LAM-resistant HBV when used as a part of anti-retroviral therapy in HIV-coinfected patients...