Affiliation: CHU Dupuytren
- BAD and Bcl-2 regulation are early events linking neuronal endoplasmic reticulum stress to mitochondria-mediated apoptosisWassim Elyaman
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR, Hong Kong
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 109:233-8. 2002..Altogether, our results indicate that neuronal ER stress is associated with an apoptotic cascade involving the mitochondria...
- Impairment of autophagy in the central nervous system during lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory stress in miceArnaud Francois
EA3808 Molecular Targets and Therapeutic of Alzheimer s Disease, University of Poitiers, Poitiers F 86073, France
Mol Brain 7:56. 2014..Therefore, this study monitored autophagy markers after acute and chronic lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced inflammatory stress in mice...
- Longitudinal follow-up of autophagy and inflammation in brain of APPswePS1dE9 transgenic miceArnaud Francois
EA3808 Molecular Targets and Therapeutic of Alzheimer s Disease, University of Poitiers, 1 rue Georges Bonnet, 86073 Poitiers, TSA 51106, Cedex 9, France
J Neuroinflammation 11:139. 2014..Therefore, a longitudinal study was performed in APPswePS1dE9 transgenic mice at three, six and twelve months of age...
- Involvement of interleukin-1β in the autophagic process of microglia: relevance to Alzheimer's diseaseArnaud Francois
EA3808 Molecular Targets and Therapeutic of Alzheimer s Disease, University of Poitiers, Poitiers F 86022, France
J Neuroinflammation 10:151. 2013..However, the links between autophagy and inflammation in AD remain to be determined...
- GSM-900MHz at low dose temperature-dependently downregulates α-synuclein in cultured cerebral cells independently of chaperone-mediated-autophagyFaraj Terro
Groupe de Neurobiologie Cellulaire EA3842 Homéostasie cellulaire et pathologies, Faculte de Medecine, 2 Rue du Dr Raymond Marcland, 87025 Limoges Cedex, France
Toxicology 292:136-44. 2012..We did not observe any immediate effect on cell viability. However, the delayed and long term consequences (protective or deleterious) of these changes on cell fate should be examined...
- Prevention of the β-amyloid peptide-induced inflammatory process by inhibition of double-stranded RNA-dependent protein kinase in primary murine mixed co-culturesJ Couturier
Research Group on Brain Aging, GReViC EA 3808, 6 rue de la Milétrie BP 199, 86034 Poitiers Cedex, France
J Neuroinflammation 8:72. 2011..This led us to study the effect of a specific inhibitor of PKR on the Aβ42-induced inflammatory response in primary mixed murine co-cultures, allowing interactions between neurons, astrocytes and microglia...
- Neurons overexpressing mutant presenilin-1 are more sensitive to apoptosis induced by endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi stressFaraj Terro
Department of Histology and Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Limoges, France
J Neurosci Res 69:530-9. 2002..These data indicate that PS1 interferes with a specific apoptotic pathway that results from a dysfunction of the ER-Golgi compartment...
- The new indirubin derivative inhibitors of glycogen synthase kinase-3, 6-BIDECO and 6-BIMYEO, prevent tau phosphorylation and apoptosis induced by the inhibition of protein phosphatase-2A by okadaic acid in cultured neuronsLudovic Martin
Groupe de Neurobiologie Cellulaire, EA3842 Homéostasie Cellulaire et Pathologies, Faculte de Medecine, Limoges, France
J Neurosci Res 89:1802-11. 2011..The neuroprotection by these compounds should be further validated in animal models of AD...
- Tau protein kinases: involvement in Alzheimer's diseaseLudovic Martin
Groupe de Neurobiologie Cellulaire Homéostasie cellulaire et pathologies, Faculte de Medecine, Limoges, France
Ageing Res Rev 12:289-309. 2013..We also reviewed the most common inhibitory compounds acting on each tau kinase...
- Tau protein phosphatases in Alzheimer's disease: the leading role of PP2ALudovic Martin
Groupe de Neurobiologie Cellulaire, Homéostasie Cellulaire et Pathologies, Faculte de Medecine, Limoges, France
Ageing Res Rev 12:39-49. 2013..We also reviewed the most common compounds acting on each tau phosphatase including PP2A...
- Linking alterations in tau phosphorylation and cleavage during neuronal apoptosisArmelle Rametti
EA 3842, Homéostasie Cellulaire et Pathologie, Department of Histology and Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Limoges 87025, France
J Biol Chem 279:54518-28. 2004..This mechanism may contribute to the aggregation of hyperphosphorylated tau into paired helical filaments in Alzheimer's disease where reduced PP2A activity has been reported...
- Monozygotic twins concordant for blood karyotype, but phenotypically discordant: a case of "mosaic chimerism"Sylvie Bourthoumieu
Department of Histology, Limoges University Hospital, Limoges, France
Am J Med Genet A 135:190-4. 2005..This case and those previously reported lead us to suggest that blood is particularly unsuitable for cytogenetic investigations of twins...
- PP2A blockade inhibits autophagy and causes intraneuronal accumulation of ubiquitinated proteinsAmandine Magnaudeix
Laboratoire d Histologie, de Biologie Cellulaire et de Cytogénétique, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Limoges, Limoges, France
Neurobiol Aging 34:770-90. 2013....
- DC2 and keratinocyte-associated protein 2 (KCP2), subunits of the oligosaccharyltransferase complex, are regulators of the gamma-secretase-directed processing of amyloid precursor protein (APP)Cornelia M Wilson
Universite de Limoges, Groupe de Neurobiologie Cellulaire EA3842 Homéostasie cellulaire et pathologies, Faculte de Medecine, 2 Rue du Dr Raymond Marcland, 87025 Limoges Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 286:31080-91. 2011..Our findings reveal that components of the OST complex for the first time can interact with the γ-secretase and affect the APP processing pathway...
- Tau phosphorylation and neuronal apoptosis induced by the blockade of PP2A preferentially involve GSK3βLudovic Martin
Groupe de Neurobiologie Cellulaire EA3842, Homéostasie Cellulaire et Pathologies, Faculte de Medecine, 2 Rue du Dr Raymond Marcland, 87025 Limoges Cedex, France
Neurochem Int 59:235-50. 2011..We show that 6-BIBEO efficiently reversed OKA-induced tau phosphorylation and neuronal apoptosis. It will be interesting to test neuroprotection by 6-BIBEO in an in vivo model of tau pathology and neurodegeneration...
- "Cri-du-chat" syndrome in a patient born to a mother with a paracentric inversion of chromosome 5qSylvie Bourthoumieu
Faculte de Medecine, Laboratoire d Histologie et de Cytogénétique, 2, rue du Dr Marcland, 87025 Limoges, France
Ann Genet 46:483-6. 2003..Therefore, as might have been expected, maternal paracentric inversion of chromosome 5q and "cri-du-chat syndrome" presented by the daughter were not related...
- Two unusual chromosome aberrations ascertained by sonographic anomaliesSylvie Bourthoumieu
Department of Histology and Cytogenetics, Limoges University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Limoges, France
Prenat Diagn 24:219-23. 2004..These two cases illustrate the role of ultrasound in leading to detection not only of foetal chromosomal aberrations but also of rare balanced chromosomal rearrangements presented by one of the two parents...
- Study of p53 expression and post-transcriptional modifications after GSM-900 radiofrequency exposure of human amniotic cellsSylvie Bourthoumieu
Department of Histology and Cytogenetics, Limoges University Hospital, Limoges Cedex, France
Bioelectromagnetics 34:52-60. 2013....
- Autophagy dysfunction and its link to Alzheimer's disease and type II diabetes mellitusCornelia M Wilson
Groupe de Neurobiologie Cellulaire EA3842 Homéostasie cellulaire et pathologies, Universite de Limoges, Faculté de Médecine 2, rue du Dr Raymond Marcland, 87025 Limoges Cedex, France
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 13:226-46. 2014..Hence, in a last part we will discuss the possible interventions susceptible to combat both T2DM and AD. ..
- Brefeldin A induces apoptosis and cell cycle blockade in glioblastoma cell linesIsabelle Pommepuy
Department of Pathology, Limoges University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Limoges, France
Oncology 64:459-67. 2003..Our results suggest that BFA may be a potent cell cycle modulator and inducer of apoptosis in GB cell lines, and therefore may become a promising candidate for the chemotherapeutic treatment of gliomas...
- Post-translational modifications of tau protein: implications for Alzheimer's diseaseLudovic Martin
Groupe de Neurobiologie Cellulaire EA3842 Homéostasie cellulaire et pathologies, Faculte de Medecine, Limoges, France
Neurochem Int 58:458-71. 2011....
- Induction of antiproliferative effect by diosgenin through activation of p53, release of apoptosis-inducing factor (AIF) and modulation of caspase-3 activity in different human cancer cellsCecile Corbiere
Laboratoire de Biochimie, UPRES EA 1085, Faculte de Pharmacie, 2 rue du Docteur Marcland, 87025 Limoges Cedex, France
Cell Res 14:188-96. 2004..Diosgenin treatment also induces p53 activation and cell cycle arrest in the different cell lines studied...