Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: CHU de Bordeaux
- [Atopic dermatitis: definition, epidemiology, natural history, severity and scores]A Taieb
Service de Dermatologie, Hôpital Saint André, 1, rue Jean Burguet, 33075 Bordeaux cedex
Ann Dermatol Venereol 132:1S35-43. 2005..Proposals have been made to define the terms of flares, remission, intolerance and resistance...
- [Atopic dermatitis: pathophysiology update]Alain Taieb
Dermatologie et dermatologie pédiatrique, centre de référence pour les maladies rares de la peau, CHU de Bordeaux, Inserm U1035, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux
Bull Acad Natl Med 196:621-9; discussion 629-30, 653-4. 2012..Better knowledge of the molecular events underlying epidermal barrier function and its dysfunction in AD should lead to ways of preventing and eventually curing this group of disorders...
- Targeting iHSP 70 in vitiligo: a critical step for cure?Alain Taieb
Department of Dermatology and Pediatric Dermatology, Bordeaux University Hospitals, INSERM 1035, University of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Exp Dermatol 22:570-1. 2013..The comment emphasizes that in vitiligo, a skin and possibly epidermal defect underlies the initial steps leading to inflammation and subsequent melanocyte demise and discusses the relevance of targeting iHSP in this context. ..
- Biologics in atopic dermatitisAlain Taieb
Department of Dermatology and Pediatric Dermatology, Inserm U 1035, University Bordeaux Segalen, France
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 10:174-8. 2012....
- [Atypical staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome: it could be battered child syndrome]A Taieb
Service de Dermatologie et Dermatologie Pédiatrique, Centre de référence des maladies rares de la peau, Hôpital St André, CHU I, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Rev Med Suisse 4:1107-8, 1110-1. 2008..The authors underline the behavior of the parents in this setting, which can mislead the physician in charge. Dermatologic symptoms are important to make a diagnosis of the battered child syndrome...
- The definition and assessment of vitiligo: a consensus report of the Vitiligo European Task ForceAlain Taieb
Department of Dermatology and Pediatric Dermatology, Hôpital Saint André, 1 rue Jean Burguet, Bordeaux, France
Pigment Cell Res 20:27-35. 2007....
- Vitiligo as an inflammatory skin disorder: a therapeutic perspectiveAlain Taieb
Pediatric Dermatology Unit, Bordeaux Children s Hospital, CHU de Bordeaux, France
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 25:9-13. 2012..This perspective highlights possible targets for intervention...
- Proceedings of the 4th Georg Rajka International Symposium on Atopic Dermatitis, Arcachon, France, September 15-17, 2005Alain Taieb
Department of Dermatology and Pediatric Dermatology, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 117:378-90. 2006..The influence of environmental factors on the skin and other epithelial barriers in the perinatal period needs to be better understood to implement appropriate prevention programs...
- NALP1 and the inflammasomes: challenging our perception of vitiligo and vitiligo-related autoimmune disordersAlain Taieb
Inserm U876, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Pigment Cell Res 20:260-2. 2007
- Hypermelanoses of the newborn and of the infantAlain Taieb
Department of Dermatology and Pediatric Dermatology, Centre de référence des maladies rares de la peau, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Dermatol Clin 25:327-36, viii. 2007..Recently, molecular diagnosis has become available for some rare entities, such as hereditary symmetrical dyschromatoses, but the bulk of nevoid lesions are not understood at the molecular level...
- [New treatments of atopic dermatitis]A Taieb
Service de Dermatologie, hôpital Saint André et unité de dermatologie pédiatrique, Hôpital Pellegrin Enfants, INSERM E 217, Universite Victor Segalen, France
Arch Pediatr 12:491-7. 2005..Preventive immunomodulation modifying the intestinal microflora is very promising approach which deserves a large-scale assessment...
- Dermal nevus cells from congenital nevi cannot penetrate the dermis in skin reconstructsEtienne Gontier
Laboratoire PMTG, Unite de Dermatologie, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Pigment Cell Res 15:41-8. 2002..Activation of MMPs by a cofactor or the activation of another signalling pathway seems necessary to induce the dermal passage of nevus cells...
- Development and validation of the K-VSCOR for scoring Koebner's phenomenon in vitiligo/non-segmental vitiligoAbou Diallo
Department of Dermatology and Pediatric Dermatology, National Centre for Rare Skin Disorders, Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 26:402-7. 2013..Further studies should evaluate KP assessed by the K-VSCOR in clinical practice with the aim to determine its association with clinical profile, course and treatment response of vitiligo...
- The 'Abtropfung phenomenon' revisited: Dermal nevus cells from congenital nevi cannot activate matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP-2)Etienne Gontier
Inserm EMI U 02 17, Unite de Dermatologie, Universite Victor Segalen, Bat TP ouest 4ème Etage, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Pigment Cell Res 16:366-73. 2003..Furthermore, our findings reinforce the concept that dermal nevus cells originating from congenital nevi are in a quiescent status...
- IFAG and childhood rosacea: a possible link?Sorilla Prey
Pediatric Dermatology Unit, Pellegrin Children s Hospital, Bordeaux, France
Pediatr Dermatol 30:429-32. 2013..4%) with a single lesion and 5 of 6 (83.3%) with multiple lesions. Children with IFAG are at risk for childhood rosacea, and follow-up is advised, including periodic ophthalmologic assessment...
- Comparison of long-term survival of pigmented epidermal reconstructs cultured in vitro vs. xenografted on nude miceVincent Casoli
INSERM E 217, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux II, Bordeaux, France
Pigment Cell Res 17:87-92. 2004..It could be speculated that in our model, the colonization of the xenografted dead human dermis by murine cells influences melanocyte survival...
- Halo nevi association in nonsegmental vitiligo affects age at onset and depigmentation patternKhaled Ezzedine
Department of Dermatology and National Reference Centre for Rare Skin Disorders, CHU St Andre, 1, rue Jean Burguet 33075 Bordeaux, France
Arch Dermatol 148:497-502. 2012..To compare factors associated with halo nevi with nonsegmental vitiligo (NSV) vs NSV alone...
- Skin colonization by Malassezia species in neonates: a prospective study and relationship with neonatal cephalic pustulosisVincent Bernier
Service de Dermatologie, Hôpital Saint André, 1 rue Jean Burguet, 33075 Bordeaux, France
Arch Dermatol 138:215-8. 2002..To assess skin colonization by Malassezia species in full-term healthy newborns, to investigate factors associated with colonization, and to look at acnelike cephalic pustulosis associated with this carriage...
- In vivo and in vitro evidence of dermal fibroblasts influence on human epidermal pigmentationMuriel Cario-Andre
Department of Dermatology, Bordeaux University Hospitals and INSERM E217, University V Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Pigment Cell Res 19:434-42. 2006....
- Self-healing congenital verruciform hyperkeratosisChristine Leaute-Labreze
Unité de Dermatologie Pédiatrique et, Hôpital Pellegrin Enfants, Place Amelie Raba Leon, Bordeaux, France
Am J Med Genet A 130:303-6. 2004..The skin was moderately dry. This favorable clinical outcome led us to propose the term "regressive congenital hyperkeratosis" until further molecular characterization of this new phenotype...
- Exogenous inflammatory acne due to combined application of cosmetic and facial rubbingJulien Seneschal
Department of Dermatology and Pediatric Dermatology, National Center for Rare Skin Disorders, Saint Andre Hospital, Bordeaux, France
Dermatology 224:221-3. 2012..Here we report a new form of severe inflammatory exogenous acne due to the association of two factors: facial friction with cosmetic agents...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha regulates the expression of nucleotide excision repair proteins in keratinocytesHamid Reza Rezvani
Inserm U876, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, F 33000 France
Nucleic Acids Res 38:797-809. 2010....
- Segmental vitiligo as the possible expression of cutaneous somatic mosaicism: implications for common non-segmental vitiligoAlain Taieb
Service de Dermatologie et Dermatologie Pédiatrique, Centre de référence des maladies rares de la peau, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 21:646-52. 2008..SV would be a good candidate disease to explore as a proof of principle of a new gene discovery strategy useful for multigenic disorders with organ specificity, applicable in priority to chronic inflammatory skin disorders...
- Hyperkeratotic head and neck Malassezia dermatosisFranck Boralevi
Department of Dermatology, Hôpital Saint André, Bordeaux, France
Dermatology 212:36-40. 2006..Pityriasis versicolor (tinea versicolor) is a common skin disorder due to Malassezia usually affecting adolescents and young adults, more frequently in the tropics. Facial involvement, isolated or not, is not frequent in white adults...
- A disturbing milia eruptionThomas Jouary
Unité de dermatologie pédiatrique, Hôpital Pellegrin Enfants, Bordeaux, France
Pediatr Dermatol 20:535-7. 2003
- Study of CCN3 (NOV) and DDR1 in normal melanocytes and vitiligo skinAnne Sophie Ricard
INSERM 1035, University V Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Exp Dermatol 21:411-6. 2012..Overall, our study confirms that a downregulation of CCN3 is implicated in melanocyte adhesion in part through DDR1. In vitiligo skin, the interaction of CCN3 with other molecules, such as TGFβ and CCN2, needs to be addressed...
- HIF-1α in epidermis: oxygen sensing, cutaneous angiogenesis, cancer, and non-cancer disordersHamid R Rezvani
Inserm U1035, Bordeaux, France
J Invest Dermatol 131:1793-805. 2011..Here, we review the role of HIF-1α in cutaneous angiogenesis, skin tumorigenesis, and several skin disorders...
- Management of congenital nevi at a dermatologic surgical paediatric outpatient clinic: consequences of an audit survey 1990-1997Delphine Merigou
Paediatric Dermatology Unit, National Reference Center for Rare Skin Disorders, Hôpital Pellegrin Enfants, Place Amelie Raba Leon, Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Dermatology 218:126-33. 2009..Since 1987 we have run a Dermatologic Surgical Paediatric Outpatient Clinic (DSPOC) within the Children's Hospital in Bordeaux...
- Poikiloderma with neutropenia, Clericuzio type, in a family from MoroccoRahima Mostefai
Department of Pediatric Dermatology National Reference Center for Rare Skin Disorders, Pellegrin University Hospitals, Bordeaux, France
Am J Med Genet A 146:2762-9. 2008..It is discussed within the group of the major hereditary poikiloderma disorders, that is, Rothmund-Thomson syndrome, dyskeratosis congenita, and Kindler syndrome...
- Perilesional vs. lesional skin changes in senile lentigoMuriel Cario-Andre
INSERM E217, University V Segalen, Bordeaux, France
J Cutan Pathol 31:441-7. 2004..It is characterized by hyperpigmented macules which affect chronically irradiated skin mostly after 50 years of age. This study was undertaken to assess the basic morphology of SL on dorsum of hands...
- Cutaneous manifestations in Costello and cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome: report of 18 cases and literature reviewFanny Morice-Picard
Pediatric Dermatology Unit, Department of Dermatology, National Reference Centre for Rare Skin Disorders, Bordeaux, France Department of Clinical Genetics, Bordeaux Children s Hospital, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Pediatr Dermatol 30:665-73. 2013..The physiopathologic link between constitutional Ras-MAPK pathway activation and the observed ectodermal findings remains to be investigated. ..
- Type I interferon signature in the initiation of the immune response in vitiligoAntoine Bertolotti
Department of Dermatology and Pediatric Dermatology, National Centre for Rare Skin Disorders, Saint André and Pellegrin Hospital, Bordeaux, France
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 27:398-407. 2014..In contrast, MxA was not detectable in lesional skin, suggesting that IFN-α production is an early event in the progression of the disease. Our data highlight a new innate immune pathway leading to progression of vitiligo...
- Further documentation of spontaneous regression of infantile digital fibromatosisPascal Niamba
Unité de dermatologie pédiatrique, Centre Nation de Références pour les Maladies Rares, Bordeaux, France
Pediatr Dermatol 24:280-4. 2007..We recommend regular follow-up in order to allow for intervention in case of functional impact on the affected extremities...
- A critical appraisal of vitiligo etiologic theories. Is melanocyte loss a melanocytorrhagy?Yvon Gauthier
Service de Dermatologie, Hôpital St André, CHU de Bordeaux et Inserm E 0217, Université V Segalen Bordeaux, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Pigment Cell Res 16:322-32. 2003....
- Analysis of SPINK 5, KLK 7 and FLG genotypes in a French atopic dermatitis cohortThomas Hubiche
Service de Dermatologie, CHU Bordeaux, Hôpital Saint André, France
Acta Derm Venereol 87:499-505. 2007..The SPINK5 gene polymorphism may modulate systemic immune effects favouring the IgE response to atopens. TEWL does not allow the characterization of subsets of patients with or without abnormal barrier genes...
- Interest of high-dose pulse corticosteroid therapy combined with methotrexate for severe alopecia areata: a retrospective case seriesCatherine Droitcourt
Department of Dermatology and Pediatric Dermatology, Saint André and Pellegrin Hospitals, Bordeaux University Hospitals, Bordeaux, France
Dermatology 224:369-73. 2012..The combination of systemic pulse corticosteroids and methotrexate in the treatment of severe alopecia areata has never been reported...
- Propranolol for severe infantile hemangiomas: follow-up reportVeronique Sans
National Reference Center for Rare Skin Diseases, Children s Hospital, Bordeaux, France
Pediatrics 124:e423-31. 2009..Infantile hemangiomas (IHs) are the most-common soft-tissue tumors of infancy. We report the use of propranolol to control the growth phase of IHs...
- Segmental vitiligo associated with generalized vitiligo (mixed vitiligo): a retrospective case series of 19 patientsKhaled Ezzedine
Department of Dermatology and National Centre for Rare Skin Disorders, CHU St Andre, Bordeaux, France
J Am Acad Dermatol 65:965-71. 2011..Mixed vitiligo (MV), the association of segmental vitiligo (SV) and nonsegmental vitiligo, has been rarely reported...
- Latent class analysis of a series of 717 patients with vitiligo allows the identification of two clinical subtypesKhaled Ezzedine
Department of Dermatology and Pediatric Dermatology, National Centre for Rare Skin Disorders, Hôpital Pellegrin and University of Bordeaux and Inserm U1035, Bordeaux, France
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 27:134-9. 2014....
- Social isolation in parents of children with hemangiomas: effects of coping styles and emotional distressBruno Quintard
a Laboratory of Psychology, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Psychol Health Med 18:698-704. 2013..These findings may have implications for clinicians managing parents of children with hemangiomas. ..
- The role of E-cadherin in nevogenesis: an experimental study using epidermal reconstructsEtienne Gontier
INSERM E 217, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Exp Dermatol 13:326-31. 2004..In melanoma, the decrease of E-cadherin expression is associated with the dermal invasion of melanoma cells...
- Cutaneous drug eruptions associated with the use of biologies and cutaneous drug eruptions mimicking specific skin diseasesJulien Seneschal
Department of Dermatology, Saint Andre Hospital, Bordeaux University, Bordeaux, France
Chem Immunol Allergy 97:203-16. 2012..The pathomechanisms of drug-related skin reactions remain unclear. However, the induction of drug reactions by a new class of biologies which block a specific target should help to better understand the pathogenesis of these eruptions...
- Evidence of postzygotic mosaicism in a transmitted form of Conradi-Hunermann-Happle syndrome associated with a novel EBP mutationFanny Morice-Picard
Service de Genetique Medicale, Universite de Bordeaux 2, Centre Hôpitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Arch Dermatol 147:1073-6. 2011..Random X-inactivation could account for the intrafamilial variability of the phenotype of X-linked dominant chondrodysplasia punctata...
- The historical basis of a misconception leading to undertreating atopic dermatitis (eczema): facts and controversiesDavid Farhi
Service de Dermatologie, Pavillon Tarnier, Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Rene Descartes Paris V, 75014 Paris, France
Clin Dermatol 28:45-51. 2010..Reviewing the history of pathophysiologic concepts, we aim to return topical therapies to the center of the clinical management of atopic dermatitis...
- SACRAL syndrome: spinal dysraphism, anogenital, cutaneous, renal and urologic anomalies, associated with an angioma of lumbosacral localizationAnnelies Stockman
Pediatric Dermatology Unit, Hôpital Pellegrin Enfants, Bordeaux, France
Dermatology 214:40-5. 2007..Publications concerning perineal infantile hemangiomas are scarce, and comprise no large series...
- Detection of an intragenic deletion expands the spectrum of CTSC mutations in Papillon-Lefèvre syndromeThomas Jouary
Departement de Dermatologie, Hôpital Saint André, Bordeaux, France
J Invest Dermatol 128:322-5. 2008..We consider that this technique should be performed in patients with apparently homozygous CTSC mutations when one parent does not carry the expected mutation or is not available for analysis...
- [Bacterial and mycotic cutaneomucosal infections]Isabelle Heliot-Hosten
Service de Dermatologie et Dermatologie Pédiatrique, centre de référence pour les maladies rares de la peau, Hôpital Saint André, CHU de Bordeaux, 33075 Bordeaux cedex
Rev Prat 56:1817-25. 2006
- Cutaneous and ocular signs of childhood rosaceaMelanie Chamaillard
Unité de dermatologie pédiatrique, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33 076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Arch Dermatol 144:167-71. 2008..Objectives To describe the clinical features of cutaneous and ocular manifestations of childhood rosacea, to propose diagnostic criteria, and to emphasize the possible severity of ocular complications in this age group...
- [Bullous pemphigoid, primary biliary cirrhosis and vitiligo: a multiple autoimmune syndrome?]Benjamin Marcet
Service de Dermatologie, Hôpital Saint André, CHU de Bordeaux, 33075 Bordeaux cedex, France
Ann Med Interne (Paris) 153:349-50. 2002....
- Alternative procedure to allow continuation of dapsone therapy despite serious adverse reaction in a case of dapsone-sensitive erythema elevatum diutinumJulien Seneschal
Department of Dermatology and Pediatric Dermatology, Saint André and Pellegrin Hospitals, Bordeaux University Hospitals, Bordeaux, France
Dermatology 224:115-9. 2012..While alternative therapies were totally ineffective in our patient to improve her skin condition, we proposed a tolerance induction protocol to dapsone with excellent results...
- Chronic varicella-zoster skin infection complicating the congenital varicella syndromePierre Boussault
Pediatric Dermatology Unit National Reference Center for Rare Skin Disorders, Pellegrin Children s Hospital, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Pediatr Dermatol 24:429-32. 2007..The chronic verrucous skin infection is puzzling in our patient, as this disease is usually described in immunosuppressed patients...
- Comparison of ADVIA Centaur and Pharmacia UniCAP tests in the diagnosis of food allergy in children with atopic dermatitisCécile Contin-Bordes
Laboratory of Immunology, CHU Pellegrin, Amélie Raba Léon, Bordeaux, France
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 18:614-20. 2007....
- New clinico-genetic classification of trichothiodystrophyFanny Morice-Picard
Department of Pediatric Dermatology, National Reference Center for Rare Skin Disorders, Pellegrin University Hospitals, Bordeaux, France
Am J Med Genet A 149:2020-30. 2009..Understanding the TTD ichthyotic phenotype could lead to therapeutic advances in the management of TTD and other types of ichthyoses...
- [Metastatic cutaneous hematoma variant from melanoma: five cases]Anne Pham-Ledard
CHU de Bordeaux, Hôpital Saint André, Service de Dermatologie, Bordeaux, France
Bull Cancer 98:108-12. 2011..Melanoma is an aggressive tumor with high metastatic potential. We described herein five patients with metastatic cutaneous hematoma variant from melanoma...
- Percutaneous cryoablation of symptomatic localized venous malformations: preliminary short-term resultsFrancois Cornelis
Department of Radiology, Pellegrin Hospital, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux, France
J Vasc Interv Radiol 24:823-7. 2013..01) and at 6 months (95%; P = .01). Percutaneous cryoablation shows promising local control in patients with symptomatic venous malformations...
- High resolution mapping of OCA2 intragenic rearrangements and identification of a founder effect associated with a deletion in Polish albino patientsCaroline Rooryck
Laboratoire de Génétique Humaine EA4137, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Hum Genet 129:199-208. 2011....
- Epidermal reconstructs: a new tool to study topical and systemic photoprotective moleculesMuriel Cario-Andre
Unite de Dermatologie, Laboratoire de Pathologie Moléculaire et Thérapie Génique, INSERM 0217, Universite Victor Segalen, 146 rue Leo Saignat, Batiment TP ouest, 4ème étage, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Photochem Photobiol B 68:79-87. 2002..This model is relevant to study systemic molecules but is less practical, due to the technical limitations of studying topical molecules...
- Neoadjuvant polychemotherapy in locally advanced Merkel cell carcinomaThomas Jouary
Dermatology Department, Skin Cancer Unit, St André s Hospital, Bordeaux, France
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 6:544-8. 2009..A 72-year-old man presented with a Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC) of the left cheek with concomitant nodal spread. A 61-year-old man presented with an MCC of the right thigh with rapid nodal recurrence...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha, a key factor in the keratinocyte response to UVB exposureHamid Reza Rezvani
Inserm U876, University Bordeaux, and Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, France
J Biol Chem 282:16413-22. 2007..We conclude that the broad impact of the HIF-1 transcription factor on gene expression could make it a key regulator of UV-responsive genes and photocarcinogenesis...
- Recurrent superficial mucoceles associated with lichenoid disordersFabrice Campana
Service d Odontologie, CHU Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 64:1830-3. 2006
- Validation of a specific health-related quality of life instrument in a large cohort of patients with psoriasis: the QualiPso QuestionnaireBruno Quintard
Laboratoire EA 4139 Psychologie, Santé et Qualité de Vie, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Acta Derm Venereol 91:660-5. 2011..It also measures the impact of concerns related to treatment outcomes and skin symptoms, which have not been addressed previously by HRQoL research on psoriasis...