Affiliation: CHU de Bordeaux
- [An atypical infectious paraplegia]I Sibon
, CHU Bordeaux
Rev Neurol (Paris) 159:77-9. 2003..Little clinical improvement was observed with antibiotic therapy, but the neuroradiological course was favorable...
- Antiplatelet drug discontinuation is a risk factor for ischemic strokeIgor Sibon
Fédération de neurosciences cliniques, CHU Bordeaux, France
Neurology 62:1187-9. 2004..0001). This temporal pattern has biologic plausibility because the inhibited platelets circulate in the blood for about 10 days...
- Hypertension and progressive supranuclear palsy: is everything so clear?Igor Sibon
Mov Disord 19:1259-61. 2004
- Magnetization transfer imaging shows tissue abnormalities in the reversible penumbraThomas Tourdias
CHU de Bordeaux, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Service de Neuroradiologie Diagnostique et Therapeutique, Place Amelie Raba Leon, Bordeaux, France
Stroke 38:3165-71. 2007..Using magnetization transfer imaging, very sensitive to macromolecular disruption, we investigated whether FLAIR normalization was a good marker for tissue full recovery...
- Evolution of depression symptoms following stroke: a prospective study using computerized ambulatory monitoringIgor Sibon
University of Bordeaux, National Center for Scientific Research INCIA, CNRS 5287, Bordeaux, France
Cerebrovasc Dis 33:280-5. 2012..The current study uses state-of-the-art computerized ambulatory monitoring techniques to assess daily life depression symptoms following stroke and examines the evolution of depression levels over a three-month period...
- Lysyl oxidase deficiency: a new cause of human arterial dissectionI Sibon
CHU Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Heart 91:e33. 2005..Both approaches found a dramatic LOX decrease. LOX deficiency has a major role in human arterial wall organisation during development. The suspected mechanism is an elastin or collagen polymer cross linking deficiency...
- [Stroke-like presentation of cerebral lymphoma]I Sibon
Fédération des Neurosciences Cliniques
Rev Neurol (Paris) 161:74-7. 2005..The clinical presentation of primary cerebral lymphoma can take on many forms...
- COL4A1 mutation in Axenfeld-Rieger anomaly with leukoencephalopathy and strokeIgor Sibon
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Bordeaux, Fédération des Neurosciences Cliniques, Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Ann Neurol 62:177-84. 2007..Some of them have ophthalmological, mainly retinal, manifestations. Herein, we report on a family affected by vascular leukoencephalopathy and variable abnormalities of the anterior chamber of the eye...
- Inter- and intraobserver reliability of five MRI sequences in the evaluation of the final volume of cerebral infarctIgor Sibon
CHU Bordeaux, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Bordeaux, France
J Magn Reson Imaging 29:1280-4. 2009..To evaluate the reproducibility of fluid attenuated inversion recovery (FLAIR) and four other magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) sequences in the quantitative assessment of final cerebral infarct volume...
- Distressing belching and neuroacanthocytosisIgor Sibon
Fédération de neurosciences cliniques, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Bordeaux, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Mov Disord 19:856-9. 2004..We report on an uncommon manifestation of molecularly proven neuroacanthocytosis in a 32-year-old man in whom dyspnea with desaturation while awake accompanied by continuous involuntary belching were the major consequences of the disease...
- Risus sardonicus after thalamic haemorrhageIgor Sibon
Fédération de neurosciences cliniques, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Mov Disord 19:829-31. 2004..Electromyographic study revealed a bilateral facial dystonia. The association of this bilateral facial dystonia and vertical gaze palsy produced the aspect of a "risus sardonicus."..
- [Recurrent catamenial encephalopathy secondary to toxic shock syndrome]I Sibon
Fédération de neurosciences cliniques, CHU Bordeaux, Bordeaux
Rev Neurol (Paris) 160:697-9. 2004..However they unusually dominate the clinical picture. OBSERVATION: We present a case of recurrent catamenial encephalopathy, with epileptic seizures, revealing a menses toxic shock syndrome...
- [Pulmonary venous thrombosis and neoplasia related cerebrovascular ischaemic events]I Sibon
Fédération de neurosciences cliniques, CHU Bordeaux, Bordeaux
Rev Neurol (Paris) 160:462-4. 2004..Stroke in patients with malignant tumor are associated with various aetiologies. We report a case of lung adnocarcinoma with pulmonary vein thrombosis appending into the left atrial revealed by multiple cerebral infarcts...
- Use of the Triage Stroke Panel in a neurologic emergency serviceIgor Sibon
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Bordeaux University Hospital, France
Am J Emerg Med 27:558-62. 2009..We evaluated the additive accuracy of the Triage Stroke Panel (D-dimer, B-natriuretic peptide, matrix metalloproteinase 9, and S-100beta) to the triaging nurse for acute stroke diagnosis...
- Early diagnosis of spinal cord infarct using magnetic resonance diffusion imagingIgor Sibon
Federation of Clinical Neurosciences, Hospital Pellegrin, , 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Neurology 61:1622. 2003
- Successful treatment of hypnic headache syndrome with acetazolamideIgor Sibon
Group Hospitalier Pellegrin, Service de Neurologie du Professeur Orgogozo, Bordeaux, France
Neurology 61:1157-8. 2003
- Ophthalmological features associated with COL4A1 mutationsIsabelle Coupry
Laboratoire de Génétique Humaine, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Universite Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Arch Ophthalmol 128:483-9. 2010..To investigate the wide variability of ocular manifestations associated with mutations in the COL4A1 gene that encodes collagen IValpha1...
- Subacute default mode network dysfunction in the prediction of post-stroke depression severitySaioa Lassalle-Lagadec
Université Bordeaux2, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, CHU Bordeaux, Hopital Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Radiology 264:218-24. 2012....
- Normal cerebrovascular reactivity in Stroke-like Migraine Attacks after Radiation Therapy syndromeKarim Farid
CHU de Bordeaux, Service de Medecine Nucleaire, Bordeaux, France
Clin Nucl Med 35:583-5. 2010..These findings do not support a vascular mechanism in SMART syndrome. Postradiation neuronal dysfunction may be the underlying mechanism. Further investigations on larger series are needed to confirm this hypothesis...
- Brain dopaminergic modulation associated with executive function in Parkinson's diseaseKarim Farid
CNRS UMR 5231, Bordeaux, France
Mov Disord 24:1962-9. 2009..These results support the idea of a critical role for dopamine in the control of executive functions in patients with PD...
- Marchiafava-Bignami disease: diffusion-weighted MRI in corpus callosum and cortical lesionsP Menegon
Service de Neuroradiologie, Hopital Pellegrin, CHU Bordeaux, France
Neurology 65:475-7. 2005..They show that apparent diffusion coefficient restriction of the corpus callosum and cortical lesions were associated with a higher mortality rate and more severe cognitive sequelae...
- Reliability of the ECASS radiological classification of postthrombolysis brain haemorrhage: a comparison of CT and three MRI sequencesP Renou
APHP, Urgences Cérébro Vasculaires, Université UPMC Paris 6, Paris, France
Cerebrovasc Dis 29:597-604. 2010..However, little is known about the reliability of this classification and its extension to MRI. Our objective was to compare the inter- and intraobserver reliability of this classification on CT and 3 MRI sequences...
- Rheumatologic and neurological events in an elderly patient with tricho-rhino-phalangeal syndrome type IMarjory Rué
Pôle des Neurosciences Cliniques, Groupe Hospitalier Sud, CHU Bordeaux, Pessac, France
Eur J Med Genet 54:e405-8. 2011..Here, we described a 64-year-old woman with molecularly proved TRPS I and several atypical late-onset rheumatologic and neurological symptoms...
- Postprandial recurrent hemiplegiaKarim Farid
Department of Nuclear Medicine, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Clin Nucl Med 35:80-2. 2010..Postprandial hemodynamic disturbances have been previously described. We report a case of postprandial transient ischemic attacks...
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease mimicking radiologic posterior reversible leukoencephalopathyI Sibon
Service de Neurologie A, Hopital Pellegrin, , 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Neurology 65:329. 2005
- Long-term cure of Tolosa-Hunt syndrome after low-dose focal radiotherapyAlexandra Foubert-Samier
Federation of Clinical Neurosciences, Neurology, Bordeaux, France
Headache 45:389-91. 2005..We report a case of long-term improvement (8 years) of THS after low-dose (20 Gy) radiotherapy in a patient with recurrences and corticodependence...
- [Cerebral infraction by calcified embolism: a spontaneous complication of calcified aortic stenosis]S Debruxelles
, CHU, Bordeaux
Rev Neurol (Paris) 160:582-4. 2004..We report two patients who experienced stroke induced by spontaneous calcic emboli from a calcified aortic valve and underline the importance of brain CT scan...
- Vascular parkinsonismIgor Sibon
Federation of Clinical Neurosciences, CHU de Bordeaux, Pessac, France
Curr Opin Neurol 17:49-54. 2004..Vascular parkinsonism is also a research field on the relationships between vascular brain lesions and neurodegenerative disorders...
- [Actinomycosis: an unusual cause of spinal cord compression. Case report and review of the literature]S Jeannin
Pole de Neurosciences Cliniques, CHU Pellegrin, Place Amelie Raba Leon, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 164:733-8. 2008..Data from the literature indicate that actinomycosis is a potential cause of several neurological manifestations. Unusual but treatable, actinomycosis is a potential alternative when the main etiologies have been ruled out...
- Diffusion MRI in spinal dural arterio-venous fistula: a case reportI Sibon
Federation of Clinical Neurosciences, CHU Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Spinal Cord 44:315-7. 2006..RESULTS: We found a vasogenic oedema that disappears after treatment. CONCLUSION: This case report confirms the interest of spinal cord diffusion and ADC maps to differentiate vasogenic and cytotoxic oedema at the spinal cord level...
- A 64-year-old woman with progressive dementia and leukoencephalopathyAnne Vital
Brain Pathol 17:117-8, 121. 2007..This observation illustrates "lymphomatosis cerebri," a recently described entity, which has to be considered in the differential diagnosis of rapidly progressive dementia in adults...
- MRI versus CT in acute strokeWassilios Meissner
Lancet 369:1342. 2007
- L-type calcium channels and NMDA receptors: a determinant duo for short-term nociceptive plasticityPascal Fossat
INSERM E 358, Physiopathologie des réseaux neuronaux médullaires, Universite Bordeaux 2, Institut Francois Magendie, 33077 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Eur J Neurosci 25:127-35. 2007..Altogether, our results suggest that, in vivo, windup also depends on the amplification properties of spinal neurons, the triggering of which requires previous activation of NMDA receptors...
- Semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase in annulo-aortic ectasia disease: relation to elastic lamellae-associated proteinsIgor Sibon
INSERM U441, , , 33600 Pessac, France
J Histochem Cytochem 52:1459-66. 2004..However, in advanced IAAED, the deficit in SSAO expression could be secondary to the decrease and fragmentation of elastic fibers and/or to vascular smooth muscle cell dedifferentiation...